Academy of the Holy Names Reviews

I love my high school! I enjoyed my time there and believe they prepared me for college well. Academy is great for young women, and they offer a great education in a great city.
It is a great environment to be in especially being surrounded by love and support from your classmates and teachers. The education is very good but socially the level of diversity in the school is a bit of a challenge
I absolutely cannot stand this school. The administration is outrageous and I cannot believe that they treat their students this way. My daughter has been labeled as a troublemaker at the beginning of her start in this school and has been treated as such ever since. If my daughter accidentally wore off-white socks to school instead of regular white socks, it would call for a lunch detention and a call home. Insane!
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Names
Academy of the Holy Names is my home and it has truly shaped me into the woman I am today. The bonds I have made at Academy will last a lifetime. Academy's academics have made me feel very college ready. I will honestly miss this place after I graduate.
Sisterhood is a strong principle at the academy. All of the students bond during school activities and clubs. All of the teachers care about the students and are avaiible after school to help students.
Academy is like my second home. I have never experienced a much better education than what I get at AHN. I love going to school everyday and teachers really make school seem more fun than boring. Plus uniforms make it easier and faster for me to get ready in the morning. But overall Academy is the best school ever!!!!
They put too much pressure on the students to get good grades but it ends up paying off in the long run.
Attending an all girls school at first was scary and I was not really up for it, but after four years of attending the school I have never been so grateful. The education that I have received has been amazing and I can tell that it will be helping me as I move further into my academic career. I would only change scheduling. Other than the crazy schedules that occur occasionally, I have never been more happy in the high school that I am a part of.
Great school but I am not the biggest fan of the 2:1 system. Many girls sit online and shop instead of paying attention. Other than that, I have really enjoyed my time at this school
The academics are excellent and will surely prepare an individual fro college. However, all of the courses are very rigorous and overwhelming. My experiences with the teachers weren't awful but not the best either. Some teachers are really good, but few are really bad. I had to teach myself in some classes because the teachers would either not teach or would give the students busy work that had nothing to do with the class. However, I feel like that I have learned a lot at the school to prepare me for college.
Both of my daughters have had a great experience at AHN. I love that 90% of the girls are really focused on their academics. I would like to see more classes added for math selections.
Great school. I received a wonderful education and was very prepared for college. However, the school and it's administration can be very rude and judgmental. The school as a whole is not warm and welcoming.
Teachers are great at their jobs, very helpful and enjoyable people. Beautiful campus to walk on. Love the sense of unity in the all girls school. Not a lot of diversity. Sage (food cater) is pretty pricey.
If I could give Academy 0 stars, I would. First, the teachers are terrible. If you want to go here, be ready to hire a bunch of tutors to help you do all your work. That is, on top of the 18k tuition. They give you loads of "busy work" that do not enhance your learning whatsoever. Another thing about the teaching is that this school hires alumni to teach classes. Some do not even have a degree in the class they are teaching. Everyone here has extremely low test scores in comparison to other schools. Another idea to consider: If you want your daughter to have a Catholic education, do not come here. Teachers promote anti-catholic ideas during class. This provokes students and often makes others uncomfortable. Teachers force students to form opinions in accordance to theirs. Many catholics are looked down upon here for even singing in mass. Administration is the worst. You can commit murder on campus and they will look the other way. They like to sweep problems under the rug. shallow!
A great education with a comfortable learning environment. All of the teachers and administration were welcoming and open all the way from freshman year to senior year.
Academy of the Holy Names teaches students all aspects of life! Helping them to grow into better individuals
AHN has been absolutely fantastic for my daughter. We moved here from an excellent CO public school, but my daughter knew she wanted a smaller, more intimate HS experience w/ rigorous academics and an opportunity to participate in sports and clubs. She has been challenged in class, she has had opportunity to participate all four years (two seasons/year) in sports, and she's been in two clubs. Most importantly, her teachers, counselors, and friends have been incredibly supportive every step of the way. She respects her teachers, has trusting relationships with her counselors, and has made incredible, life-long friends. It's demanding, but it's been great.
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Names
My daughter is in high school at Academy of the Holy Names and has loved all it has to offer. From the highly rigorous courses they offer to the friendships she has made, it has all been a good experience. However, some of the teachers in the arts department are a bit out of control. Specifically, the dance team coach rarely comes to the girls practices and misses some of their performances. For such a steep tuition, I expect a dance teacher who has knowledge of dance and is dedicated to those girls.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Academy of the Holy names and I am very sad to go. The teachers at Academy genuinely care about the students' success and well-being. The administration makes an effort to know your name and takes an interest in the changes you wish to make. If I had to go back and re-do my high school experience it would most definitely be at Academy of the Holy Names.
No other place I'd rather go for high school. You get so many opportunities to learn both in and out of the classroom and experience the world outside of school. The teachers and faculty are caring and make sure you are prepped and ready for college before you graduate.