Academy of the Holy Names Reviews

I attended Holy Names for 14 years. Growing up in an all-girl, private, Catholic, college-preparatory school had its challenges but has shaped me into the intelligent, conscientious, confident young woman I am today. During my years there, I did not always appreciate its small and comforting atmosphere- it was not until I was in a new world on my own at college that I realized how fortunate I was to attend such a school and receive the education I did. I became more aware of how prepared I was for college and the real world until I conversed with other students at my university about school. Holy Names was an incredible place to grow and learn, and I am extremely proud to be an alum.
Being an all girls school, you would think the school would have more feminist ideals, but instead, it has very traditional values and gender norms. Either way, the school prepared me very well for college -- and beyond. In fact, college seemed easy after going to Holy Names.
The administration is just okay -- very traditional, but the teachers are the best part of Holy Names -- they are funny, empathetic, intelligent, and loving. I think about them often and will always keep them in my heart. But overall, I am so grateful to have had the privilege to go to Holy Names, it is a really great school with great academics.
The community is like no other, everyone is family here. I love that I know everyone's name, and everyone smiles when you pass in the hallway, no one looks down at their feet awkwardly. This school is service-oriented. Everyone is always ready to lend a helping hand. The teachers offer a nurturing environment, students are pushed because the teachers see our potential.
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Names
Academy of the Holy Names was a great high school for me. I would not have wanted to spend my 4 years in any other place. It brought me to meet the friends I will have for a lifetime and also gave me a great education at the same time. Most of the teachers are very knowledgable and help you when ever you need the help. Most of them also understand how busy everyone is outside of school.
I had such a wonderful time at Holy Names. The teachers were always willing to help. Some great renovations have been made since I graduated.
I liked the reputation of the school, helps you to get into good colleges, good help with the college application process. Do not like how strict it is, does not teach life skills, and teachers can be rude.
I have never had any problems with the health and safety of the school. I've never felt unsafe, and the nurse is fantastic.
Pretty good for the most part. Teachers usually run them though so at times they are spread thin and the meetings are unorganized.
Overall, I'm happy with the academics of the school and how it pushed me to be the student I am today. I know that wherever I go to college I will be ready and prepared to succeed.
Certain teachers take pride in what they teach and care for their students. Those however are mostly teachers who teach small AP classes. Teachers who teach large, mandatory classes just don't seem to care about what they're teaching or who they are extending that knowledge to.
The school is safe and the nurse is generally around.
I have always loved all the activities my school does. They help my class come together and they are always very fun.
I have always had good relationships with my teachers. They are very support and kind when it comes to school work and are always wiling to help when you need it.
Like any other school, the health and safety regualtions are never going to be perfect, but we have never had any incidents
I wish we had an option for swimming, but I understand that we would be better off putting the money towards academics.
I've gone to this school for my entire learning career and I don't regret a single day of it
All of my teachers are available outside of school either that day or will schedule themselves to meet with you at a most opportune time. Our teachers do their best to help us succeed, especially the AP Biology teacher who spends hours of her time helping us individually or working on review packets at home to help us do well on the AP exam. We love her.
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Names
The school is pretty old and could definitely use some updates, but the academics are wonderful.
All the teachers were extremely nice and dedicated to their students. Anything you needed the teachers would help you with.
Holy Names is one of the safest high schools I have ever been to. There were no drugs or alcohol on campus. Everyone was well behaved.