Academy of the Holy Angels Reviews

The teachers and other students really challenge you to work hard and put in effort. Every alum I have spoken to has a positive memory of Holy Angels. The girls are really prepared for the stress of college because Holy Angels has an intense workload.
The way they handle the social and emotional wellbeing of their girls could be better. It's a great school academically but they put too much pressure on the students which affects them negetively.
I am absolutely love AHA. We are such a strong community that is constantly there to support one another through thick and thin. Though the classwork is definitely challenging, and many tears have been shed over accomplishments and failures, I can always count on my friends or teachers to help pick me back up. I cannot imagine going to high school anywhere else.
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Angels
As a rising senior due to the faculty, the supportive environment, and challenging curriculum I feel prepared for any college of my choosing. With small adjustments to administration and student communication, improvement of sports and coaching, and small amenities throughout the school during daily life at Holy Angels would make it the perfect school!
Although academically challenging, AHA is a second home to me and is a place where I have grown tremendously. With all of the opportunities that have risen over the few years I have been able to experience truly amazing things including: traveling to Mexico for serivce, broadening my interests in fine arts, making an educational video about human trafficking with experts in the field, and joining the cross country and track team. This may seem like a lot but at Holy Angles students are taught how to manage their time wisely so we can participate in things that make us well-rounded angels. All students have a bond that continues outside of the classroom and creates a sense of community within the walls of AHA.
I like how dedicated the teachers are to helping us students. Academics is challenge which is great because it pushes us to do better.
It is an academically driven school. The work given to students prepares you a lot for college. There is some diversity within the student body but is predominantly white with an all white administration. The teachers are there if you need extra help on a subject or just to listen to a personal problem you may have. The food is pretty good. My classmates are so fun and supportive and many I hope have turned into lifelong friendships.

There have been a lot of racist issues that I feel the administration had not handled well. They were reluctant to punish these students even when other students repeatedly issued complaints. Several months after the fact they finally attempted to create a resolution. I wish AHA also focused on the social aspect and making it more fun in favor of the students. But I cannot say I had a horrible time there because I did have fun. I thank AHA for providing me with so many opportunities and making these high school years memorable.
Overall I could not be happier with my experience at AHA. Sure there were times where I felt overwhelmed with work or stress, but that comes with the whole high school experience. I found so many great friends, was given so many opportunities to serve not only my school, but also my community, and I can honestly say that AHA has prepared me for my future. There were a few times over my four years where we have had some difficulty with the faculty and staff, but they were always resolved more or less. I know that I can take what I have learned from my time at AHA and tackle any challenge that is faced in front of me- especially with my fellow angel sisters by my side.
Overall, the people are wonderful. The coursework is challenging at times to a point of overload, but still worth it. Very helpful when it comes to colleges in the future.
Everything was amazing except the sports program. All the teacchers, the work put in, the administration was all amazing. Between the students, and the constant upgrading of the education being provided this school was the best thing that happened to me. If I had to be forced to pick a bad aspect of this school it would only be the sports programs. The athletic director just is not good, the coaches (if any for the sport you want) are available some are not up to par.
Academy of the Holy Angels gives students a second family. The students and staff are all closely bonded and it's like a community.
I've made so many wonderful friends and had so many amazing experiences and it's only my second year here! I cannot wait for the next few years to see what I can accomplish here!
An excellent school that endeavors to prepare young women for college and beyond. The academics are extremely strong and can be overwhelming at times especially for those students who have a number of AP and High Honors courses on their schedules.
My daughter graduated from AHA almost 5 years ago. The academic rigor that the school reinforces in its students prepared her for a challenging university environment at an Ivy League university, where she studied engineering. She was active in extracurricular activities at AHA, and was able to continue her athletic pursuits in college. I firmly believe that AHA prepared her for the challenges associated with establishing a balance between a tough academic schedule and a demanding practice and competition calendar. Holy Angels was, without doubt, the best choice for my daughter. Her success has been assured thanks in large part to the grounding she received here.
Holy Angels has a challenging curriculum that is meant to prepare young girls o go to college. With the education I have received there I feel ready to go into the college and the world with the skills that I have learned. I also loved the community aspect that you feel amongst your classmates because we really are like sisters and although we may have our ups and downs we will always be there for each other helping each other whenever someone needs it.
I am a senior at the Academy and I truly love it. All the teachers are wonderful and the community is so inspirational.
Holy Angels really prepares you for college. Not a great deal of diversity. Many positives - good food (though overpriced), good teachers (occasionally not the best). Wish a gay/straight alliance was allowed - school sponsor won't allow it
Start Your Review of Academy of the Holy Angels
Before going to the school I was nervous because the school I previously attended was not very strong and I did not have good study habits. Although we receive a lot of work, the work load becomes easier because you get acclimated. The work becomes greater yet you don’t stress out as much because you prioritize time, go after school for help with teachers, go to a peer tutor, or meet with the dean of academics. The schools provides so much support if you are struggling in a class and allow you to read the fullness of your potentional. The sports at aha are also pretty good. Basketball won their division and were in the state finals, tennis won counties, soccer won a huge upset game in counties, bowling with Mr. Dunne is ALWAYS amazing, the track team is lit, and the dance team is AMAZING! The dance team is 1st in the nation two years in a row and they r the heart of the school and add so much energy at pep rally’s. I love aha and I’m so happy I go to such an amazing school
Very challenging but supportive environment; looking to push the student; at times very stressful but comforting that everyone is in it together
AHA has a lot of up and downs, but there is much more good than bad. AHA's science department is great, and the fine arts department is also amazing for students who plan to pursue art seriously. I think that some of the other departments could use some work, but most of the teachers I have had are experienced individuals who take their jobs and their students seriously There are also a lot of clubs and extra curricular activities, so it's easy to find a group of friends. However it can be hard to balance studies, activities, and other aspects of life due to academic rigor. There were many days my only sleep for the night were on the bus rides to and from school. In the end I think they paid off though, as I feel very prepared for the new challenges that college will bring. While AHA has many flaws, it has an irreplaceable spot in my heart, and I am thankful for the deep sense of belonging I had during my time there, as well as the friendships I made and the knowledge I was given.