Academy of Richmond County High School Reviews

I attended the Academy of Richmond County from 2009, 9th grade, to 2013, 12th grade. Overall, I had an excellent high school experience. The school spirit is awesome and the Purple pride is nothing that can be compared. Although I had limited access to resources and tutors, it did not affect my overall GPA. There are many available clubs and sports students can connect with at ARC. If I could change three things at Richmond Academy it would be the diversity, school lunch, and better choice of course electives.
I am a Junior at the Academy of Richmond County High School and I think that the food has improved since I've been there, but it could be better. I also think that the way that parents are involved with their students academics is outstanding, and also the way that the school is trying to prepare the students for what's to come for them and preparing them for college is outstanding as well.
I wouldn’t have wanted to go any other school in the county. The Academy of Richmond County has not only help me academically but socially. Before high school, I was very much an antisocial person. Now in my senior year, I had the privilege of being on the homecoming court. I am in the IB (International Baccalaureate) program. I was involved in sports throughout my tears and currently involved in organizations and clubs such as Student Council and Future Business Leaders of America.
Start Your Review of Academy of Richmond County High School
At Academy Of Richmond County I have experienced a whole lot of things. Many of the students disrespect the teachers. Many of the teachers put in grades late also. One thing I like about Richmond is there fine arts department.
Your typical high school experience. Despite some of the obnoxious teachers and students, it is a great school. I am enrolled in a college program (IB) and that is the greatest thing that school has had to offer since I first started. My best advice is to do what you came to school to do. Get your work done and as far and other conflicts ... Worry about your character and not your reputation.
my experience in this school as a senior has been very fulfilling and rewarding. The school's IB program is very rigorous and has challenged me to do my best work. I think the school's culture is very diverse and includes a lot of smart students from all around.
I liked some of the teachers. The food wasn't terrible. I had lunch with people I'm friends with. However, the school is too crowded and out of order. The majority of the students have no respect. In the lunch lines you always get cut in front of. There is a lot of bullying and crime going on in the school. I never felt at ease or safe when I went there. It's terrible.
Im an upcoming IB Senior for 2017-2018 year and my past 3 years of being at Richmond has been quite enjoyable for the most part. Academically wise I am challenged with the rigor of the IB classes, but being in this program taught me a lot of things and is preparing for college life. Also everybody in IB is basically family cause you share the same experiences and been in the same classes ever since freshman year. IB at Richmond Academy will always share a special place in my heart.
The teachers that work there are friendly and always worried about the students education and their future. The school education is high ranking, but fast paced too. It offers programs that'll help you graduate early and move at your own pace. The school decor itself is outdated, but who cares ... your going their for education and not looks.
I liked the atmosphere when I was a student. The teachers were cool. The classes were decent. It was overall a nice experience.
My experience here was average I suppose for high school. Kids were okay, most of the teachers were cool, I did have three different principals though so I hope they stick to just one. I like that they are fixing the building up though. Overall it was a good experience. Guidance does need to fix itself though, and the whole schedule thing, they need to get that on track.
My experience was very unique and different every time I walked on campus. Some days I had good times and sometimes I did not. I always did my work and made expectional grades. Most of my teachers were very nice and taught really well. I would like to see better organized teachers and staff of the school. There is not really anything needed to be changed.
This is an okay school with good teachers. The facilities are slowly being updated. These last couple of years have had a lot of changes for the better. The students could be better but there is nothing to change that. Overall, Academy of Richmond County High School is a good school. I am proud to be graduating from here.
Its a great place to send your children. The teachers are very supportive and dedicated. They motivate the kids to do their best in school.
My experience with the Academy of Richmond County is great. I'm currently a senior and have been enjoying my years with the Academy of Richmond County. The Academy of Richmond is a great school and has a great environment. There are some things that the academy should work on. This consist of the organization of things. Some things aren't well organized. However, the Academy of Richmond County has been a good school thus far. They have great teachers and administration. The classes are difficult but are preparing me for college. The sports and clubs are great things to be a part of. Also, the IB Program is a great program to be a apart, which I am currently in.
my experience at Richmond was alright they have a good i.b program and teachers that care but the school is old and need renovation
I love this school so much. I've had the best four years here. The teachers are very hands on and very supportive. They all make sure I understand the current education being taught to me. I feel like my school is very important, because it's one of the oldest schools in the US. This school has a lot of history behind it. I hope everyone has the same experience that I had here at this wonderful school.
Start Your Review of Academy of Richmond County High School
I love Academy of Richmond County, it helped me grow as a person. The personalities are really diverse and I'm going to miss it when I graduated.
The scholarship opportunities are easy to find and easy to apply for and it shows you the requirements of the scholarship.
The extracurricular opportunities are ok , but they do not let you know when they have meetings and do not make an announcement about the opportunity.