Academy of Richmond County High School Reviews

The Academy of Richmond County provides you with all the tools and knowledge you need to be successful in life.
At the Academy of Richmond County High School I learned so much about what it means to have spirit . I am a cheerleader , dancer, JROTC leader and i am apart of the Academy of Richmond County High School Choir . When you attend a great school with so much diversity and ethnicity you learn how to adapt and meet new people. The educators are willing to teach and make sure you move on to the next step in your educational level. Everyone is willing to help you succeed and challenge you and push you to be a better student. At the Academy of Richmond County we are Accountable , Respectful and Commited!
The experience is a once in a lifetime because they always teach you life lessons and you learn from a lot by the studies. The field trips are amazing and the teachers make sure you feel like a family to them while your a member of the school.
Start Your Review of Academy of Richmond County High School
A.R.C is a great school that teach you a lot of great things they have a rich history of being a the fifth oldest school in the U.S.A if our basketball fan they have a great program that goes to the playoff every season. The only thing I would change is the food it's all right I'll rather have something better.
The school is huge in comparison to the others in the area. There are a lot of restaurants in the immediate area, but the academics could use some work.
I am currently a senior at the Academy of Richmond County. The past three and a half years have allowed me to grow as an individual in ways I never saw coming. I have made wonderful memories at my high school that I will cherish for many years to come. Also, there have been situations that have pushed me out of my comfort zone both socially and academically. I believe that I made the best out of my four years, and would encourage any prospective students to do the same!
I love the direction Richmond is moving, as a Senior, that's been here all four years each year gets better and better. Student involvement is getting better, Sports are returning to the level it used to be, Old teachers are being replaced by new teachers, and the only thing I would change is IB Prep but with the new connection with Langford, students should be really prepared.
I attended the Academy of Richmond County from 2009, 9th grade, to 2013, 12th grade. Overall, I had an excellent high school experience. The school spirit is awesome and the Purple pride is nothing that can be compared. Although I had limited access to resources and tutors, it did not affect my overall GPA. There are many available clubs and sports students can connect with at ARC. If I could change three things at Richmond Academy it would be the diversity, school lunch, and better choice of course electives.
I am a Junior at the Academy of Richmond County High School and I think that the food has improved since I've been there, but it could be better. I also think that the way that parents are involved with their students academics is outstanding, and also the way that the school is trying to prepare the students for what's to come for them and preparing them for college is outstanding as well.
I wouldn’t have wanted to go any other school in the county. The Academy of Richmond County has not only help me academically but socially. Before high school, I was very much an antisocial person. Now in my senior year, I had the privilege of being on the homecoming court. I am in the IB (International Baccalaureate) program. I was involved in sports throughout my tears and currently involved in organizations and clubs such as Student Council and Future Business Leaders of America.
At Academy Of Richmond County I have experienced a whole lot of things. Many of the students disrespect the teachers. Many of the teachers put in grades late also. One thing I like about Richmond is there fine arts department.
Your typical high school experience. Despite some of the obnoxious teachers and students, it is a great school. I am enrolled in a college program (IB) and that is the greatest thing that school has had to offer since I first started. My best advice is to do what you came to school to do. Get your work done and as far and other conflicts ... Worry about your character and not your reputation.
my experience in this school as a senior has been very fulfilling and rewarding. The school's IB program is very rigorous and has challenged me to do my best work. I think the school's culture is very diverse and includes a lot of smart students from all around.
I liked some of the teachers. The food wasn't terrible. I had lunch with people I'm friends with. However, the school is too crowded and out of order. The majority of the students have no respect. In the lunch lines you always get cut in front of. There is a lot of bullying and crime going on in the school. I never felt at ease or safe when I went there. It's terrible.
Im an upcoming IB Senior for 2017-2018 year and my past 3 years of being at Richmond has been quite enjoyable for the most part. Academically wise I am challenged with the rigor of the IB classes, but being in this program taught me a lot of things and is preparing for college life. Also everybody in IB is basically family cause you share the same experiences and been in the same classes ever since freshman year. IB at Richmond Academy will always share a special place in my heart.
The teachers that work there are friendly and always worried about the students education and their future. The school education is high ranking, but fast paced too. It offers programs that'll help you graduate early and move at your own pace. The school decor itself is outdated, but who cares ... your going their for education and not looks.
I liked the atmosphere when I was a student. The teachers were cool. The classes were decent. It was overall a nice experience.
Start Your Review of Academy of Richmond County High School
My experience here was average I suppose for high school. Kids were okay, most of the teachers were cool, I did have three different principals though so I hope they stick to just one. I like that they are fixing the building up though. Overall it was a good experience. Guidance does need to fix itself though, and the whole schedule thing, they need to get that on track.
My experience was very unique and different every time I walked on campus. Some days I had good times and sometimes I did not. I always did my work and made expectional grades. Most of my teachers were very nice and taught really well. I would like to see better organized teachers and staff of the school. There is not really anything needed to be changed.
This is an okay school with good teachers. The facilities are slowly being updated. These last couple of years have had a lot of changes for the better. The students could be better but there is nothing to change that. Overall, Academy of Richmond County High School is a good school. I am proud to be graduating from here.