Academy of Our Lady of Peace Reviews

I love the Academy of Our Lady of Peace! It has prepared me for college and I know that I will always remember the amazing times I had at OLP. The teachers are excellent and they really care about their students. The campus is so beautiful!!
Academically, the school is great. It has challenging classes that prepare students for college, however, there is a lot of bullying that goes on with little intervention to it. They also did a great job of showing the importance of service and encouraged students to be involved in a variety of activities including sports and a variety of clubs.
DO NOT EVER SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. Teachers are bullies. Parents are nuts. I was told I would be a failure, I was told I had terrible hair, and I was consistently lied to. It sounds like typical bullying among women, but this was all from an administrative faculty member. I begged my parents to let me leave but they would not. I get anxiety attacks when I return. No one helped me when I struggled with mental illness. They wanted my money. A wicked place.
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Peace
I loved the student atmosphere and the support we show towards each other throughout every aspect. there are many, many clubs and activities that students can be involved in therefore giving it an even better feeling and making it easier for girls to find what they like. However, OLP could improve on its communication skills as well as making sure that they listen to their students in some sort of way when they ask for opinions.
Overall the Academy of Our Lady of Peace is an excellent school. There were really supportive teachers who were there for you when you needed, safe campus, and I believe I received a great education. At the Academy of Our Lady of Peace, there were teachers who tried new learning techniques such as the "flipped classroom", where at first I did not think I would like it, but as the class progressed, I loved it. The Academy of Our Lady of Peace also prepared me for the transition to college. It made the process easy. It made its school similar in some ways as a college.
OLP prepared me extremely well for college. And while at any school there are going to be issues with the administration, the education that students receive there is worth it. I had some amazing teachers while at OLP and I made lasting connections with several of them.
I like that fact that it is a small school. The friendships the girls make and how caring they are to all people. The girls willingness to help anyone who needs it. And most of all how GREAT the school prepares the girls for COLLEGE. The academics is the best there is.
Our Lady Of Peace is a high academic school and is challenging. The challenge is a nice push and feels like it will do the best to prepare its students for college. The homework load is a lot at some points but is well worth it. The demandin schedule was something to get used to but will definitely pay off in the end. All of the classes and teachers are wonderful and the students get along nicely within each grade as well as between the grades.
Overall, it is a great school but teachers give out too much homework and tests and they don't take into consideration that students have other classes, do sports, clubs, and extracurricular activities.
Great support here. If you need help they'll find a way to give it to you. Very understanding and the teachers know what they're doing. Teachers actually care here and there's something for everyone. Not too cliq-y.
I had an amazing experience at the Academy of Our Lady of Peace. The academics at this school are challenging, but paired with wonderful teachers who go above and beyond for their students. I've also met some of the best people, who I have become life-long friends with, thanks to the camaraderie that OLP brings to its students.
I love OLP. The campus is beautiful and safe. The teachers are very knowledgeable of their subjects and extremely helpful. The food catered by The French Gourmet on campus is amazing restaurant quality food that is delicious. I love the sisterhood and that it is a faith based community. I feel safe and comfortable because I don't worry about any type of bullying. We are all one big family at OLP. I am blessed and grateful to be a part of this family.
OLP was overall a fantastic choice for my education. It's not a perfect school, but taken as a whole it was definitely the best choice I could have made. The community was something special, and the teachers and staff truly care about every student. The classes were challenging and interesting, and it prepared me to work hard in college. It was difficult at times dealing with the administration and changes the student body didn't want, but it's a small price to pay for the experience the school offers.
Overall, I know that Our Lady of Peace was the right choice for me however there is one thing that I would want changed. I would like more attention given to the arts specifically the theatre department. The budget for the school plays is close to nothing compared to the sports budgets. Other than that, my school is amazing.
This school's extreme rigor is what makes OLP grads so distinguished. We pull all-nighters and guzzle coffee year 'round but we are a sisterhood. We facetime each other at 2 am to review for APUSH and we buy each other coffee. We carpool to sporting events. Our school spirit is amazing and we have fun through Spring Sing, ASB, Academic League, foam parties, community day, spirit assemblies, Choral Club, Interact Club, Red Cross Club, Wacky Wednesdays, Robotics Club, Book Club, Ballet Folklorico, Fitness Club, Fair Trade Commission, BeYOUtiful, NHS, Junior Ambassadors, NAHS, Pilot Press, STEM Club, Model UN, SHPE, Carondelet Circle, Girls who Code, Mock Trial, CSF, PTV, Women of Science, JSA, Link Crew, sports, Peer tutors, and much much more. This school is a community. You study for AP Chem on Sunday and go to sporting events on Saturday. OLP becomes your life when you attend and I would have it no other way. These girls are my family and I will miss OLP tremendously.
I have had a very wonderful past three years at the academy. The academics are very strong, and the school is very spirited. The teachers genuinely care about their students, and ensure that each student is learning as much as possible.
Well, this is going to be the first year of my daughter in this Highschool, I just want to now How Can my daugther can get a schoolar ship ?
regards
MKP
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Peace
Olp is a great school except for all the new unnecessary changes they are making. They should ask the students what changes they would like to see rather than just making them theirselves.
I had a great time at the Academy, building a sisterhood that will last me a life time. I loved how comfortable I was able to be around other students and the teachers. There are many ways that you can get involved in the school and are able to participate. The teachers truly care about the students and want all of us to succeed. They are there for the students not only as teachers, but also as mentors. Being an athlete, I think a that OLP not only wants to their students to excel academically, but also in sports. I also like how there were opportunities to become involved in the arts. I feel that the school offers a wide variety of classes to allow students to explore their interests and find their passion for what they want to study in college.
Great all girl school , it helps them get great leadership skills .
They have great course selection and lots of clubs and sports .