Academy of Our Lady of Peace Reviews

Our Lady Of Peace is a high academic school and is challenging. The challenge is a nice push and feels like it will do the best to prepare its students for college. The homework load is a lot at some points but is well worth it. The demandin schedule was something to get used to but will definitely pay off in the end. All of the classes and teachers are wonderful and the students get along nicely within each grade as well as between the grades.
Overall, it is a great school but teachers give out too much homework and tests and they don't take into consideration that students have other classes, do sports, clubs, and extracurricular activities.
Great support here. If you need help they'll find a way to give it to you. Very understanding and the teachers know what they're doing. Teachers actually care here and there's something for everyone. Not too cliq-y.
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Peace
I had an amazing experience at the Academy of Our Lady of Peace. The academics at this school are challenging, but paired with wonderful teachers who go above and beyond for their students. I've also met some of the best people, who I have become life-long friends with, thanks to the camaraderie that OLP brings to its students.
I love OLP. The campus is beautiful and safe. The teachers are very knowledgeable of their subjects and extremely helpful. The food catered by The French Gourmet on campus is amazing restaurant quality food that is delicious. I love the sisterhood and that it is a faith based community. I feel safe and comfortable because I don't worry about any type of bullying. We are all one big family at OLP. I am blessed and grateful to be a part of this family.
OLP was overall a fantastic choice for my education. It's not a perfect school, but taken as a whole it was definitely the best choice I could have made. The community was something special, and the teachers and staff truly care about every student. The classes were challenging and interesting, and it prepared me to work hard in college. It was difficult at times dealing with the administration and changes the student body didn't want, but it's a small price to pay for the experience the school offers.
Overall, I know that Our Lady of Peace was the right choice for me however there is one thing that I would want changed. I would like more attention given to the arts specifically the theatre department. The budget for the school plays is close to nothing compared to the sports budgets. Other than that, my school is amazing.
This school's extreme rigor is what makes OLP grads so distinguished. We pull all-nighters and guzzle coffee year 'round but we are a sisterhood. We facetime each other at 2 am to review for APUSH and we buy each other coffee. We carpool to sporting events. Our school spirit is amazing and we have fun through Spring Sing, ASB, Academic League, foam parties, community day, spirit assemblies, Choral Club, Interact Club, Red Cross Club, Wacky Wednesdays, Robotics Club, Book Club, Ballet Folklorico, Fitness Club, Fair Trade Commission, BeYOUtiful, NHS, Junior Ambassadors, NAHS, Pilot Press, STEM Club, Model UN, SHPE, Carondelet Circle, Girls who Code, Mock Trial, CSF, PTV, Women of Science, JSA, Link Crew, sports, Peer tutors, and much much more. This school is a community. You study for AP Chem on Sunday and go to sporting events on Saturday. OLP becomes your life when you attend and I would have it no other way. These girls are my family and I will miss OLP tremendously.
I have had a very wonderful past three years at the academy. The academics are very strong, and the school is very spirited. The teachers genuinely care about their students, and ensure that each student is learning as much as possible.
Well, this is going to be the first year of my daughter in this Highschool, I just want to now How Can my daugther can get a schoolar ship ?
regards
MKP
Olp is a great school except for all the new unnecessary changes they are making. They should ask the students what changes they would like to see rather than just making them theirselves.
I had a great time at the Academy, building a sisterhood that will last me a life time. I loved how comfortable I was able to be around other students and the teachers. There are many ways that you can get involved in the school and are able to participate. The teachers truly care about the students and want all of us to succeed. They are there for the students not only as teachers, but also as mentors. Being an athlete, I think a that OLP not only wants to their students to excel academically, but also in sports. I also like how there were opportunities to become involved in the arts. I feel that the school offers a wide variety of classes to allow students to explore their interests and find their passion for what they want to study in college.
Great all girl school , it helps them get great leadership skills .
They have great course selection and lots of clubs and sports .
I simply adore this school. It has a friendly, welcoming environment. Being an all-girls school, the girls seem more open and express themselves more freely. Academy of Our Lady of Peace is an empowering school for girls that encourages them to reach their full potential with faculty support and rigorous courses.
This school is such a joy to be attending at. There is a lot of great courses to take and teachers to teach that challenge the students' thinking. The clubs/ activities and sports are all very inclusive and fun. The food served here is served at a reasonable price and also tastes very good.
This school provided college readiness and provided great social skills. Including speech classes that allow for great preperation for the college and the work force.
All 3 of our daughters have had the benefit of attending OLP. We are so grateful for the education OLP has provided for our daughters and the overall support OLP has provided for our whole family.
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Peace
It is super exciting at the beginning of your experience, but once the truth is realized it becomes downhill and very tedious and bittersweet. I was only attending for two years and I already wanted to leave. They literally only care about you if you can afford the tuition and have high grades. Most of the students are very friendly and courteous. There is a high majority of two major ethnicity , one of them is an entire clique. You have to make sure to pick the right friends your freshman year or else the rest of your years will be miserable. What happened to me was just that. The friends I made freshman year turned out to be stuck-up, rich, judgmental know-it-alls.
The school has favoritism towards people who actually do stuff, and especially seniors. Basically, if all you do is study, only a few teachers and people will know you.
I truly enjoyed my time at OLP as a student. Having graduated in 2006, I didn't get to enjoy many of the benefits that the school now offers, but I still treasure my time. I made lifelong friendships during my time at OLP and am still in touch with many of those girls today! I felt so prepared for college after the education I received here and know my fellow graduates felt the same way. The campus is truly one of a kind and with the new leadership and offerings, I am excited to see where the school will go.
When going to an all girl school, you are given this atmosphere that allows you to set your priorites and succeed at your greatest capacity. We are molded into individuals who understand the importance of voicing our concerns and opinions. The academics prepare your for college, being that OLP is a college-prep highschool. Although being offered courses that prepare you for your career, they offer you a family. It is a place where your individuality is respected, and consequently allows you to have the fondest trust in your teachers and classmates.