Academy of Our Lady of Mercy - Lauralton Hall Reviews

Intensely challenging--but not competitive. Each girl strives for perfection in the most rigorous of classes, but no one wants success at anyone else's expense. I would describe it like a sorority in the way that we're all sisters--except, no partying lol. Outside of school, everyone has their individual interests that they pursue--most of us play sports, and then it varies person to person whether their on the Engineering Team, Debate Team, theater, Youth and Government, etc. Community service is huge here. The goal is to make you great intellectually and morally.
When I think of going to college I am filled with great excitement, but even more sadness, because I will be leaving the greatest school. Lauralton Hall's stellar academics, teachers, sports, and spirit all combine together to create the epitome of what high school should be. I would not trade my experience at Lauralton for anything else. This academy is not a high school, but a home.
I absolutely loved Lauralton Hall, I wish I could go back and do those four years all over again. The atmosphere, the people, the teachers, were all so welcoming and caring that it is hard to compare it to anything else I have every experienced. It truly built a sisterhood.
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Mercy - Lauralton Hall
I did not like my experience at Lauralton overall. My first two years there were good but as I got older I realized how tough a lot of the teachers are to deal with. I had a handful of bad teachers and very few good teachers. They are a very anti-progressive school and I definitley think they need to make a lot of improvements to keep their rank as a credible, good school.
Graduated in 2016. Not the best guidance department...mostly clueless and did not emphasize the important of standardized testing. Told all the girls to apply to the same, basic, Northeastern Catholic schools which effected the lower percentile of the students applying. Teachers were not amazing/very up to speed. Lots of busy work and APs were a disaster because some teachers felt they were "too good" to teach to the test. Math and sciences need a lot of work...physics was the only subject I felt fully prepared for in college as a Mechanical Engineer. Dumb rules and emphasized many of the wrong things. Female empowerment was a dumb tagline when all the teachers were basically moms turned teacher. Not worth the money for the academics, but a solid sense of friendship and camaraderie among the girls.
The environment of Lauralton Hall is fantastic, all the students and most of the teachers are nothing but encouraging and helpful.
My memories of Lauralton Hall are filled with happy but also frustrating moments. While I feel their curriculum is superb, the school and faculty struggled to let students express different or creative ideas and opinions. Most paper and project assignments were based on a thesis or idea the teacher proposed to their students. When I begin my collegiate career I found it surprising that most of my assignments welcomed creative and taboo ideas. Additionally, the school has a clique problem. The majority of the students are white and live in upper-class families. This created a lot of issues and tension amongst minority students. In sum, I enjoyed my overall experience at Lauralton-- having been a swim captain and winning a state championship, while also making friends that shaped who I am today.
I am a sophomore and I think that Lauralton Hall is a great school. It has many programs ready to help you prepare for your college experience. Although academically it is rich with fundamental programs, it lacks diversity. Few people of color are enrolled here including me. They fail at making diversity known and educating their priveleged commmunity. Overall Lauralton Hall is a great shcool to go to, to prepare for college but not a diverse one.
The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy has grown me into a woman with tremendous leadership qualities. It has excellent teachers, a rigorous course selection, a multitude of extracurriculars, and a good sports program. There is truly something for everyone at the hall.
Lauralton was very challenging but I was able to get involved and make memories that will last a life time, with my best friends, actually my sisters, who will be with me at my wedding someday. Being apart of something so much bigger than yourself, a magical and inspirational sisterhood, has really helped me grow into who I am supposed to be. I could go on and on praising the academics, but the testimonies of friendship can truly only come from personal stories. At Lauralton, we rise together, and we fall together. You and your friends create a support system to help each other survive the rigorous academic experience. And when we graduated, there was nothing more rewarding than doing it besides the people who helped me get there. I am so proud to say I attended Lauralton, and that is why I am so passionate about advocating for it as an environment to spend four amazing years of your life. Empowering women for life, go LH.
Lauralton is a place where girls can be themselves and earn an amazing education. The staff is focused and driven on preparing their students for success. They prepare you to conquer the world, they allow you to explore your academic and extracurricular interests, and give you the tools you need to shine. I absolutely loved it and it prepared me for everything after I graduated!
Lauralton Hall has helped me thrive in many academic courses as well as prepared me for life out of High School. I have many great memories that I will always cherish throughout my life and would highly recommend this school. The teachers always encourage you to do your best and are always there to help you when needed.
I love transportation at Lauralton Hall. You can take the train there. It is so much fun taking the train to Lauralton
There are many clubs and activities to choose from at Lauralton Hall
I loved going to Lauralton Hall. I would choose the school again if I had to do it all over again.
I love all the teachers at Lauralton Hall. Keep up the great work
All the staff and students are great but the building is old and feels like something might break. A few students were burned our freshman year because of a faulty heater in one of the bathrooms.
Start Your Review of Academy of Our Lady of Mercy - Lauralton Hall
A lot of the clubs dont't meet very frequently or fall apart but we have a club fair every september that promotes students joining clubs.
I am not religious so being forced to act Catholic was a little annoying. I enjoyed learning more about their beliefs but I would prefer a less religious school. When it comes to the academics, I wish there was more variety for the classes one can take, but I am happy with my experience.
Some of the teachers aren't that great but a select few are amazing. Two in particular really shaped me into the woman I am today.