Academy of Our Lady Reviews

I feel they have the proper tools to educate the future generations, but no real connections to how they are teaching it.
I love how academy of our lady teachers will stop everything they are doing to help a student out. Even if it's not academic related.
What I love about academy of our lady is that they have different classes for students that want to into the medical, law, artistic and food fields in their future.
Review Academy of Our Lady
Academy of Our Lady is a well-performing Catholic private school outside of the New Orleans area. However, I guess as Catholic schools should be, the way they instill Catholic values can be potentially harmful to groups that the Catholic church marginalizes, such as LGBTQIA, sexual abuse victims, etc. I would not send my child to this school because I want to ensure that my child knows they are valued regardless of what the Catholic church teaches.
My experience was not that bad but I feel like that is because of how involved I was. It was an all girls school so it was easy to relate to most people.
I loved my time at Academy of Our Lady! The knowledgeable faculty cares about the students and their successes. College preparatory experiences are built into graduation requirements, so post-secondary readiness is ensured. The new campus is beautiful and allows for so many new experiences for students. I highly recommend this school!
The school is good and most of the students are nice. The school meal is the best and you have a lot of choices. The science and math and English teachers are wonderful
Academy of Our Lady prime mission is to educate young women into becoming successful young women in society. I like that Academy of Our Lady was center around helping me grow as young woman. Academy of Our Lady made me aware of different culture by having culture day at school. Going to a school that is diverse help accept people of all cultures. Now being a graduate from Academy of Our Lady, I see that all of their teachings has taught me about my faith and education has come to light. Especially now that I a college student, I see that the education I receive at Academy of Our Lady was beneficial to me understanding the world around me.
It is an okay school, but there is not much I have learned. There are many safe elements to the school, such as hurricane proof windows and alarms on the gates. The faculty is unprepared in the sense that some teachers may teach a subject that they are not even qualified for. Their lack of knowledge on the subject can confuse us as students.
Academy of Our Lady is a innovative catholic high school. I like that Academy of Our Lady has majors such as culinary arts, health, STEM, and law. I am a junior going into my senior year.
very involving, a lot of opportunities, college preparatory, i love the one on one teacher-student opportunity, a lot of help is offered to anyone who needs it
AOL has a lot of choices for lunch and snacks. Teachers themselves are good but the total academic is not that good. AOL is like most of the catholic school has lots of strict rules on clothing. The administration teachers are nice and friendly. You can take to your counselors as a friend and they are helpful!
This school offers so many different programs that you can take within your high school schedule. For example, I am taking the health program, this program lets students in there junior and senior year shadow doctors and nurses within hospitals.
Ever since I've come to AOL, I felt like I've gotten so much closer to God and better in academics. The teachers are absolutely amazing and they are caring. They make sure you understand everything. I've made so many new friends and I feel like I've been able to be myself.
There's definitely room for improvement at AOL in reference to the academics, teachers, and college readiness. But it's getting there. One of the most diverse high schools on the West Bank and a great sense of sisterhood/family.
Academy of Our Lady really does welcome everyone wth open arms and makes us feel like a family. Even though the rules are strict, it's still a very nice experience with great teachers and faculty.
It was high school. I was challenged in my classes and feel they have prepared me to go to college and then become a productive adult.
Review Academy of Our Lady
I am part of photography club and I love it. We have a ton of clubs, all clubs are engaging and very productive. The school does very well with organization of activities
I would never want to do high school again because of how stressful high school has been. My school does babe very fun activities as far as pep rallies and different clubs. My favorite experiences are being together as a full class and enjoying our fun while we above it.
Teachers work there hardest to make sure students are engaged and understand. Not all teachers are consistent with grading.