COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The value of community is central to Notre Dame's identity and we are committed to having our talented students return to campus on September 8 in a safe environment. The Reopening Plan reflects CDC and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania guidance and we rely on our community to adhere to all specified safety protocols. We look forward to welcoming prospective families for virtual admissions events. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Since 1856, Notre Dame's commitment to teaching young women “what they need to know for life” has remained unchanged. Graduates are confident women with the skills to succeed in the nation’s most competitive colleges and prepared to lead in a global society.
Notre Dame is a community guided by the faith tradition of the Catholic Church, the service of the Sisters of Notre Dame, and the Academy’s Honor Code.
All students receive an Apple MacBook Air. With a successful online education protocol, the Academy is ready to transition seamlessly to virtual learning.
The Center for Global Leadership links students to schools around the world. A progressive study of World Languages begins in grade six and continues through AP.
Upper school students deepen their academic experience as a STEM, Global, or Arts Scholar.
Dance, fine and performing arts, music, athletics, campus ministry, and clubs give every student the opportunity to explore her unique gifts.
Academy of Notre Dame de Namur Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+73 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-57 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A52 Students
- A47 Students
- A41 Students
Center for Global Leadership
Notre Dame's Global Citizen Scholar Program provides accepted students with an academic and extracurricular path that focuses on global themes and issues through coursework, educational and community-engagement, international travel and globally focused domestic programs. Students who complete the four-year program receive designation as a Global Citizen Scholar on their official transcript.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses