Academy of Law & Public Safety is a public school located in Long Branch, NJ. It has 85 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
255 West End Avenue
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Academy of Law & Public Safety Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B4 Students
- A+4 Students
- A-4 Students
- B+4 Students
- A4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Academy of Law & Public Safety
- B-Brick Township Memorial High School
- Brick Township Public Schools, NJ
- 277 reviews
- BMonmouth Regional High School
- Public School
- Tinton Falls, NJ
- 104 reviews
- C+Lakewood High School
- Lakewood School District, NJ
- 105 reviews
- B+Ocean Township High School
- Ocean Township School District (Oakhurst), NJ
- 153 reviews
Academy of Law & Public Safety Reviews
I was not quite finding my path at my home high school. I tried sports and clubs but I didn't seem to fit into the generic high school experience and my grades showed it. At the end of my sophomore year I left all my friends and teachers and I applied to The Academy of Law and Public Safety. It was the best decision I ever made. I have been on high honor roll for every consecutive marking period. I plan on a police career, and have interned at my local police station and have landed a job as a class 2 officer upon my completion of training at the police academy, which is all set up through school.
If I had the opportunity to attend ALPS a second time, i would do it in a heartbeat. I have made an unbreakable bond with not only other students, but the teachers as well. One of the primary focuses of ALPS is hands-on learning, and they do it in a fashion that goes above and beyond expectation. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime, and I've learned lessons, not only in English, history, and math, but in ethics, honesty, and responsibility. I've been taught the lessons that really count throughout life.
ALPS is a very small school, so every teacher is under a harsh spotlight, and they all shine brightly. Each teacher introduces an individual flair to the class room and makes the lessons very interesting. They are all able to relate lessons back to the real world, and most importantly to our vocation, law enforcement. I've learned more than I could have ever imagined i would have because of the hard-work and dedication of each and every teacher.