Academy of Environmental Science is an above average, public, charter school located in Crystal River, FL. It has 115 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Academy of Environmental Science Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+16 Students
- A-11 Students
- A9 Students
- C7 Students
- A6 Students
- C+6 Students
- A+5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A+5 Students
- A-4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Academy of Environmental Science Reviews
The Academy of Environmental Science is known for it's zero tolerance policy, and the lack of subordinate behavior in the school. Due to the small population, and the quality of the character of the students that attend here, there are little to no behavioral disturbances, and there has never been any fights. Because of this, there is no need for punishments like detention, and various suspensions. With that said, the policies provided from the school are equivalent to most, and are typically obeyed.
The Academy of Environmental Science has given me the best education I could receive, as well as provided me with material I can use as I move on into the real world. The staff here are very dedicated to their jobs, and provide the students with the best of their abilities. The school focuses on the Environment, which is what this world truly needs, at this time. We all have been able to learn from personal experience, through the various hands on lessons that have been given to us. This school is great for preparing students for the real world, and the workforce.
The few teachers that we do have, provide us with knowledge that is useful to us in the workforce, as well as in real life. The teachers care for each of the students, with kindness and respect. They provide us with the best of their abilities to teach, and are completely devoted to the subjects that they teach. They teach us with the best methods possible, which include various hands on activities, and they also try to incorporate technology as much as possible.