Academy of Arts & Academics is a public, charter school located in Springfield, OR. It has 357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Academy of Arts & Academics Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A43 Students
- C34 Students
- A-33 Students
- B25 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-9 Students
- B-8 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- C+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Academy of Arts & Academics
- D+Willamette Leadership Academy
- Springfield School District, OR
- 13 reviews
- NGWest Lane Technology Learning Center
- Fern Ridge School District, OR
- 3 reviews
- NGNetwork Charter School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 5 reviews
- NGAcademy for Character Education
- South Lane School District, OR
- 7 reviews
Academy of Arts & Academics Reviews
What I liked about the Academy of Arts and Academics was the educational and artistic opportunities. We were given many opportunities for internships with local businesses, team work with local artists on community projects, college level classes and community outreach. What I would like to see change is the school dynamic. It often felt too competitive or falsely prestigious.
Good experience for me, differs largely based on indiuvidual learning style, experience, motivation, etc. There are certainly issues, but the benefits of some curricular autonomy and cool classes outweighed them for me.
My favorite thing about the Academy of Arts and Academic is how they really tired to teach us how to learn from every experience and how to grow from them. Knowing how to do this has helped me a lot with everyday problems I have faced. I do wish there was a bit more college prep throughout my high school career. The closer you get to college the more they help you, but it was a bit of pressure with trying to figure out everything at once.