Academy of Arts & Academics is a public, charter school located in Springfield, OR. It has 352 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 46 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Academy of Arts & Academics Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- C30 Students
- A-30 Students
- B23 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-8 Students
- A-7 Students
- C+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Academy of Arts & Academics
- D+Willamette Leadership Academy
- Springfield School District, OR
- 16 reviews
- NGWest Lane Technology Learning Center
- Fern Ridge School District, OR
- 3 reviews
- NGNetwork Charter School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 4 reviews
- NGAcademy for Character Education
- South Lane School District, OR
- 7 reviews
Academy of Arts & Academics Reviews
A3 was a great experience for building relationships with students. The hardest part was that the policies of the school encourage so much self discovery and individualism that it can be difficult for less motivated students to succeed. It is an amazing school, but isn't for everyone.
I currently go to A3 and I think it was the best decision I have made by far. In all my years going to school I have been bullied and treated as an outcast without a say in my opinions and goals. I was afraid I would fail and never get the chance to become who I was meant to be. I was given two choices. Springfield high or A3. A3 wasn't a given choice actually, but that's because my parents were all against the school because just because it was a school with equality and morals that stand out from the other schools in the community it was imperfect and not reaching to there standards. From what I herd the community is always downing our school and what we do at A3. Our school was used as an example once at another school brought to one of the students in the area by a teacher from which they said that A3 was "Gay3". I did not appreciate there hateful opinion. I love my school and even though sometimes its hectic at times. They all care and love you for the person you are. They treat you as a human being which in my opinion most schools don't do at all. I went to A3 to find safety from the bullies awaiting me at Springfield. And once in my life all the people who hurt me disappeared. I also failed my classes in school. A3 has been the best source of education Ive had. The teachers listen to all the questions a student needs to ask. The questions are answered appropriately according to the question. My school gives the freedom of opportunity for success and gives a second home to students who don't have a home. At most schools teachers sit us down and make us quiet without any social interaction, but I say otherwise because working with others defiantly helps out when bouncing ideas to elaborate on our given projects. A3 is about the path to success and to be who you are with respect.
I love my teachers! They're usually very helpful and knowledgable. I appreciate their work and they appreciate mine. The grading is a bit inconsistent between different teachers, but other than that, the teachers are great.