Academy of Art Careers & Technology Reviews

Overall, the school is just fantastic. All the teachers are very supportive of your education, and they're willing to help a lot so that you succeed. The career specific classes have taught me a lot about jobs after high school, which I wouldn't have learned at most other schools. And all the students are dedicated to the school and are much more professional and responsible than one might expect from a teenager. AACT has helped me to develop as a student and as a future professional.
I attended the Academy of Arts Careers and Technology with the hopes that I would get the skills I needed to succeed in life, not only did they surpass my expectations but they showed me where I wanted to go in life. Thanks to the excellent staff and teachers I feel confident in my academic achievement as I persist into the next stages of my life.
AACT is a school that allows you to glimpse into a career of your choice. Furthermore, the staff and faculty genuinely cares for it's students, and actively encourages and engages with them. While upper management could use some work, the school is fantastic overall.
Start Your Review of Academy of Art Careers & Technology
At the Academy of Arts Careers and Technology, I was given opportunities to learn as much as possible in the core subjects: Maths, English, Science, and History. The teachers were kind and understanding, while still doing their job. The only difference I would like to see in the Academy is more opportunities for students to get involved. Implementing activities such as clubs and sports will offer more students ways to get excited about school and give students additional ways to branch out.
This school is one of the most amazing schools ever. The main focus is academics and preparing you for college. I was able to graduate with my honors diploma and 13 college credits. The teachers at this school actually care about you and strive to help you succeed. We were able to have a 100% graduation rate because of the assistance and persistence of the amazing staff at AACT High school.
I have always felt welcome and excited to learn since I started at AACT in fall of 2014. This school has become my second family and I am sad that in just a few short months I will have to leave this wonderful environment.
The Academy is nice for education and that's about it. Not enough physical art, not enough physical exercise, not enough support. Strong sense of superiority with little to show for it other than offbrand confidence that exists to invite and shun. They don't care about students with mental illnesses, or any student who doesn't demonstrate their idea of greatness. The career tech training is the only thing that sets aact aside from being just another can't-do-anything-for-anyone high school of Nevada.
I love how small and close my school is. Teachers are always incredibly helpful and there anytime you need them. Our counselors give us so many opportunities and even have a website set up with scholarship information. We are given the opportunity to participate in SkillsUSA, FBLA, and many more competitions as well.
Great environment with great teachers and staff. Students and teachers are very supportive and wanting to help their peers and students strive.
Very positive and encouraging staff and peers. Focus on career readiness helped me prepare for college and gave me related experience for the work field.
I like how AACT allows you to take different classes than most high schools. I also like how you are able to take more challenging classes than other high schools offer. Lastly I like how they focus on your interests in what you want to do when you get older.
The Academy of Arts, Careers, & Technology is without a doubt the best high school in Nevada. From its range of diverse students, an academically driven body, and the welcoming environment, I recommend AACT to anyone that cares about their education. The staff at AACT is wonderful. Throughout my time there, I have experienced the amazing care and time the teachers give to their students. Because AACT is an academy based school, the students who attend have a passion for what they are learning. In all of AACT's history, there has never once been a school fight. The environment is welcoming and accepting. The school also has a wide range of diversity because it is not a zoned school. I was enrolled in the Natural Resources and Animal Science academy at AACT and I got to experience many types of hands on learning. This schools has aided me in preparing for college and I don't know where I would be without it.
I liked the different academies that the students were able to enroll in, allowing them to decide what their future academic and career goals will be. This is a step forward into deciding what major the students will have in college. It's a nice boost in their academic path. With this, each academy has very diverse and meticulous goals in regards to their field of interest. Each academy's leaders and teachers are filled with enthusiasm and care for their students, which allows for a more loving and friendly school environment, debunking the stereotypical idea of school.
The school focuses on helping students with their studies. I graduated from AACT in 2015 and loved this school. I knew I could reach out to my teachers if i was struggling with homework. I am a fist generation high school graduate and when it was time to apply for college, I knew I could count on the counselors to help me with the application process. On the Academic aspect of the school, I knew I need to try hard to earn a good grade. This school also values Community Service and helped students get involved in the community with volunteer work. The school also helped students get hands on experience in the job force through internships. I was a part of the Medical Academy and was able to complete an Internship at the hospital and learn about the different departments in the hospital. This school helped me prepare for the life after graduating and if I could go back to high school, I would apply for this school once again.
I've enjoyed my time at AACT. With such a diverse and motivated group of students, it's hard not to love this school. This school offers CTE classes, as well as several different AP classes, from Spanish to Psychology. The teachers here actually care for a student's well being as well as their future. All in all, great school.
My experience about that district would be that it was a great place to go to. It helps students to have an opportunity to go to a college or career to have. There should be no changes.
The teachers are very involved with the students and genuinely care about their academic and personal success. The work load is a lot more than that of a traditional school, but there is always someone to help when you are having trouble. The curriculum is great and there are a lot of things to choose from, the scheduling is fairly easy and their are many outside college courses you can take.
Start Your Review of Academy of Art Careers & Technology
Every student there was very accepting, there was only peer pressure when it came to doing better academically. It was a very tight nit community and everyone was very friendly and involved in the school. Sexual orientation, ethnic diversity, etc. were not a problem.
There is a lot of effort put into all of the clubs in order to make them successful, the advisors are always available and are great at organizing trips and fundraising.
This school is a magnet school which you have to apply for, it is very sought out for and there is always a waiting list to attend the school. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. The teachers are completely devoted to the students and to the school. There are several clubs and activities to do at the school although, there is no band, orchestra or sport teams the school is very supportive in helping students to attend those activities at their zoned high school. The school is divided into seven different "academies" which focus on different fields of work, this school provided me with the best possible ways to succeed in life and my goals. This school currently holds a five star rating within the Washoe County School District.