Academy of American Studies Reviews

Academy Of American Studies is a very unique school in many. ways. To begin, its very diverse, with many people of different races to religion and color skin. This is all a good thing due to the fact of the size of the school, and the amount of people who get enrolled, since its small its very easy to make friends and have a wonder high school experience. I had an amazing experience when it came to sports because I was in the high school soccer team. Academy Of American studies offers many sports to the students in the school. Sports aren't the only thing offered but also clubs. I was in the tech club my senior year, for community service and I had lots of fun, learning about laptops and seeing the way they work. Overall Academy Is a good school, it all depends on the student, as the school is great itself.
It was nice in preparing us for college. The downfall was that we were required to take a certain amount of classes senior year which was not necessary. Class time helped us with college too. The high school has a variety of college now classes which is really nice.
The school in general is good. There is no problem of bullying;most people are friendly, including most teachers.
However, this school does not try to help or develop students’ academic talents.
There are not many opportunities such as AP classes, or clubs.
Start Your Review of Academy of American Studies
This is such a terrible school. This school is way too broke that can’t even afford good teachers like they hire some cheap teachers that doesn’t know how to teach Therefore, the students fail regents and The health teacher is teaching US history for freshman b/c this school can’t even afford to hire teacher.Some teachers are good like ms Greenspan, mr deng , mr Jacobs and mr Gil. While others are racist, have really bad attitudes. The staff in the school are always mean and they yell for no reason.The guidance counselors are really fake that doesn’t even do the work and doesn’t care.The principle is fromLIC HS so he wants to make this small school look like a crusty school like LIC hs. The gym are way too oversized and the lockers are only used for gym period , there is no personal lockers. You can’t even keep anything in the lockers otherwise they will cut the lockers. This school doesn’t feel like high school , it feels like you are in a jail. You will regret it.
i really love this school. even though our school might not be big but its enough for the amount of people that study here. compare to other school, our school is way safer and almost everyone get along with each other. there is barely any fights in the school. mAybe once or twice a year. other school are big and people always get in stupid fights
Academy of American Studies compells students to do their most and work their hardest. The school stresses graduating and getting your credits to get you to a good college. The enivornmemt there isn't necessarily the best, just average. Some people there can be nice and some people simply are rude. The school dress code is simply, crazy. Coming from a feminist who strives for equality for both genders, I don't see equality in the school. The girls there can't wear tank tops or wear shorts in the hot, humid New York City weather because apparently it's distracting to the males in the school. Males can pretty much wear whatever they would like and would not get called for. Let me just be blunt here, the dress code there is stupid and needs to be changed. If you're advocating for "equality" in the school then stop sexualising the girls there and making them feel like walking sex objects for simply wearing a tank top. There's my review of the Academy of American Studies.
This is a good school, solid academics, safe environment. The facilities are a bit cramped, but they work hard to make do with what they have. They offer a reasonable variety of AP classes and a thoughtful history curriculum.
This school is pretty good. It has a very diverse environment, making everyone feel comfortable. The teachers are average, with there being some excellent ones and some uninterested ones.
There is very little to like about this school. Sure it's diverse, but so is the way people treat each other. Some nice but mostly rude. The cramp building is also a problem and we share a school we can't interact with. Teachers there, while there are some good one's, but sone can't teach well. If you have a problem and go to the authorities, they make you wait and take forever to solve the problem. The food is gross too and the school has no money for terrible gym equipment. If you are graduating middle school and plan to go to this high school, just don't.
AAS is a school where you will not be disappointed. From start to finish, there are teachers that care and will help you along the way. While cramped due to the overcrowding, a new building is coming within the next 3-4 years.
Academy of American Studies is a great school! You will really feel at home there. Teachers will help with any work and the classes are fantastic!
Pros: diversity, strong history and English departments, manageable workload, a lot of extracurriculars, a decent amount of AP courses, a good amount of decent to amazing teachers (Greenspan, Deng, Koo), does decent in college preparation (senior thesis, 80 minute classes)

Cons: 7 a.m. classes, overcrowdedness, weak math & science departments, principal spends a lot of money on opera trips, hazardous gym classes (150 students)
A school made up of mostly determined and academically successful students. Extremely diverse. Some disrespectful and drama-creating students. Most teachers are alright, could be better. Work load is sometimes high.
Academy of American studies is a very small poor school. We share buildings with newcomers high school, but most likely in 2021 they are going to have a new building for academy students. Our recent principal spends most of the money that the school gets on opera trips to Lincoln center instead of the school sports teams or supplies. The teachers at academy are decent, there are really nice and great teachers like Mr. Deng, Ms. Greenspan, Ms. Black, Ms. Duran and many more but then there are the really mean with bad attitude teachers and staff. The gym classrooms are over packed and the size of the gym barely fits the amount of kids in the class because this year 2016-2017 our principal accepted more freshmen than the school can fit.
My experience in this school was good because I learned to improve in my studies and interpersonal skills. This school helps students focus on their college goals, such as what college they want to go to and how they can reach their goal to get their. I have prepared for college in a excelled way at this school from having classes that are one hour and 10min to college workshops in classroom. I have gained a variety amount of knowledge in my education and experience in this school. This school guides you to do better in the future, especially in college.
I like how, it being a small school, everyone knows each other and you get the chance to really get to know the teachers.
The Academy of American Studies is a vastly underrated school that deserves more credit. This is a great school for students to become prepared for college, from offering a wide range of AP courses, SAT prep classes, as well as college courses. The school demonstrates a sense of diversity from all different types of backgrounds, despite this, you will never feel a sense of being left out because everyone gets along well with one another. Another pro would be the clubs and activities, most students that attend this school are always involved in extracurricular activities because the school offers a vast majority. The teachers are also great educators because they are always willing to go out of their way to help students who need the extra help. Overall, this school presents an interactive and friendly environment for everyone that attends.
Start Your Review of Academy of American Studies
I've been in Academy of American Studies for 4 years and I'm expected to graduate June 2017. My experience in this school has been okay, I like the diversity in this school which made me meet new people. Also there are some teachers who are willing to support you all the way. However, my school accepts too many kids and at the end doesn't have too much space for all of us. In our gym period, we have 220 kids and can't have our own proper lockers. Then, our classes are too long, I understand to prepare us for college but it's very stressing for us.
More or less teachers are truly knowledgeable in the subject they teach. Most of these subjects are useful. In my case, environmental science is just another class where one can sleep to the teacher's monotonous voice and yet, get a passing grade.
In my four years at this high school, I haven't learned of any bullying news whatsoever. The students are engaged in their studies and get along with each other so there's not much safety issues. The buildings are very clean and the nurse is available at all times in case of emergencies.