Academy of Allied Health & Science Reviews

AAHS is a very challenging school but I'm confident the rigorous curriculum will prepare me for college. Generally the teachers are know their subject matters and they are always available to help during lunch time if you request for additional help. The only negative aspect is there are no sports program so a student will need to go back to the home school to participate in sports. We all know that when we applied to the school. I have no regrets in my decision.
This school has been good so far. The classes are very engaging and educational and I have learned a lot from them. I wish there could be more AP classes to challenge students more. There is a lack of clubs, especially competitive ones. For the only ones that exist, hardly any one is enthusiastic about them. My middle school had many academic competitions and clubs, so I there is a bit of a hole in that area. I think it could be easily fixed by adding more meaningful clubs.
Good school but unfortunately there is only one class that you can take and receive AP credits for which is unfortunate since they help a lot in college if you have the scores for them. Other than that it does a fantastic job of preparing you for the medical field.
Start Your Review of Academy of Allied Health & Science
This is a difficult school. Definitely one of the top ten in the country. I'm suffering now but it'll pay off later. All classes are honors or AP. The teachers are well versed. Some are professors, some are doctors. Surprisingly, this is also one of the most diverse schools I've been to. You can trust your classmates. That is why all the lockers are left open.
The Academy of Allied Health and Science, more commonly known as AAHS, has been more than a blessing. During my time there I was only met with the highest caliber of respect and education. The teachers all do whatever they can to make the student's life better. Also, the number of students per each grade level calls for a very close knit group of many different personalities and backgrounds. In fact, there are not that many bad things to counter the good. The biggest flaw the school has is the size of the school itself. It can be a very cramped environment that has little breathing room. Aside from that, AAHS has my highest accommodations.
This school has solidified my passion for the medical field and taught me so much about myself.
The teachers are truly passionate about what they teach, and care about the students.
The workload and stress was difficult to manage on more than one occasion, but I definitely felt prepared for college by the time I graduated. The opportunities to experience the medical field while in high school made this a worthwhile experience, especially because, for me, I learned that I was more interested in the arts rather than medical science. The time management skills I learned at Allied helped me throughout my first year of college, and now it feels like I'm not being challenged compared to my high school classes. Most of the teachers are great and you really get to form a personal connection with each of them throughout your four years at Allied, you'll meet some amazing people, and overall I wouldn't have traded my time at Allied for the world.
The students at AAHS are alright. There are groups of students that are caring and reliable, and there are groups of students that are the stereotypical "partygoers" and make the school seem worse than it actually is. The faculty at AAHS are very understanding, but they can be harsh on students. I would still choose this school again, though because if you are thinking about going into the medical field, the education is much better than your average high school's education. You learn things ranging from Clinical Skills to Anatomy and Physiology, and there are a few required computer-based courses that you have to take in this high school.
The principal, guidance counselors, and staff were very reasonable.
We only had a weight/fitness room available.
Teachers were very willing to help in any way they could and best prepare us for college.
We had many clubs and organizations but we did not have any after-school activities.
I chose to go to the University of Maryland- College Park. I definitely felt ready for my biology and chemistry courses here but not so much the "real world".
When students don't follow the rules, there are certainly measures taken to demonstrate what they did was wrong.
We didn't have sports, but we have a great fitness department.
The teachers at Allied definitely made a huge difference in my high school experience. They are all very approachable and want to see their students succeed.
Start Your Review of Academy of Allied Health & Science
I enjoyed the extracurricular activities I participated in, but there could have been more options available.
Most of the courses I took at Allied prepared me for my college-level courses. The school also prepared me with my speaking and organizational skills. I learned how to conduct myself in professional and health-related situations, as well.
Average policy, because we have good kids and a low student count there isn't too much trouble