Academy Northwest Reviews

The Academy Northwest experience changes dramatically depending on which teacher you get. My teacher cared deeply about her students and teaching, and did a good job of working with each student individually to help them grow in the direction that would most help them.
Academy Northwest is an awesome accredited high school option for homeschoolers. I was able to enjoy the versatility and flexibility of homeschooling while keeping within the state requirements and will receive an accredited transcript and diploma when I'm finished.
It's a good idea, having a place for homeschoolers to meet state degree requirements but still the homeschooled. The only problem is they really need to get better teachers. Mine in particular always changed her mind on what meets requirements and what does not, often at a time when it was nearly impossible to change course to meet those new requirements. She would then act like this was how it has always been. It is nice that I only have to meet with my teacher once a week though, the rest of the time I can go at my own pace when completing my schoolwork.
Start Your Review of Academy Northwest
I adore Academy Northwest. The program offers a multitude of schools in different districts. The teachers are kind and they offer a wonderful curriculum. The student capacity is microscopic (around 100 students) compared to a public high school (thousands of students), but for those who enjoy home schooling with a non-overwhelming number of students, then Academy Northwest is perfect for that individual. The only change I would make is having class on two days of the week instead of just on Mondays. I know, however, that this can be challenging with schedules and homework, but it's an idea that I think could work.
We meet at the teachers house, if we meet at all. Since this is a private school for homeschoolers.
I homeschooled through this school so the only reason it's not better is cause I'm still stuck at home all day.
The teacher tends to over-explain things and sometimes ends up making the path to the solution more confusing than necessary.
The school was in a church next to a bus stop. Once a man staggard into the sanctuary where there was no adults. The man was obviously not sober. He refused to leave and got increasingly hysterical. We had no security and couldn't lock the glass doors to prevent it from happening again.
There aren't many opportunities avaliable and those that are, are unorganized.
I made lasting friendships here, one of which is with a teacher who took personal interest in every student. I was not only college prepared, but find college easy by comparison. The events were spectacular. I wish I could have been more involved, but I still got to be a Senator, teachers assistant, Yearbook Editor, and National Honors Society Member.
The main teacher there puts her heart and soul into her job. It is her goal to ensure that everyone succeeds. The other teachers change every few years. Most of them are very good. I had one teacher who was terrible. He did not understand students or school dynamics. His homework load was unrealistically large. I've never had a college class give that much work. The school responded to feedback and he was let go after a year. Aside from him, the teachers are excellent.
I always felt safe in classes and field trips.
In the fall and spring there are opportunities for weekend long field trips. There are additional day long classes that can be taken at the main office or online.
I never felt unsafe at any of the classes or field trips.
The teacher I had was great.
This is a combination private and home school organization. I appreciate the education I got through it.
Family Academy/Academy Northwest was great. For me, being self-motivated, this school worked the best. We meet once a week and studied at home the rest of the time. I would work on my studies each morning (not in my pajamas). But when there was a special event or activity I could rearrange my studies to fit my schedule for that day. Instructors were very kind, helpful and knowledgeable.
Start Your Review of Academy Northwest
I have gone here all 4 years, and I have loved it. I am graduating with my best friends, and it makes me really happy! Not to mention our principle is fantastic.