Academy for Technology & the Classics Reviews

The courses and dynamics of the class were paced very well. The course material was challenging and prepare you well for college. However, the school lacks ammenities many public schools have that are a necessity for highschool expirences.
I appreciate the rigor of ATC, but that is about all I appreciate; I am truly grateful for ATC's rigor because without it I wouldn't have the foundational knowledge that I will need to succeed in college and beyond. Some grievances: one, the Math and Science departments are the weakest links of the school and have truly failed most students, two, the students accomplishments are overly accredited to the teachers, three, the lack of facilities (yes I know this is largely out of the schools control).
I like how college ready it makes the student. Everything you do at the school makes you so ready to get into any college you want. As long as you put your mind to it, this school will help you get to the college that's right for you.
Start Your Review of Academy for Technology & the Classics
I liked the rigorous curriculum as well as the environment surrounding us. There are smaller classes so there is a more one and one approach. The AP classes that we take as well as the opportunities of dual credit with the surrounding colleges around us give us a insight on the college life as well as the academics. Not every school is perfect, the sports are not as developed as I would have liked. There are some sports, but not the one I have had a great interest in, Volleyball. The academics and the community we are surrounded in gives us a challenge and a place to grow.
This school is perfect for those, like me, who enjoy learning in smaller class sizes. This school, as a college prep school, has given me the resources to feel confident with my future especially when it comes to college. I feel prepared for the academic rigor of college because I attended The Academy for Technology and the Classics. I would definitely would recommend this school to those who are looking for a strong academic education and a great foundation for their future if it be college or otherwise.
This was not a good school for my daughter. The teachers, assistant principle and principle do not seem to care about the students. They are more worried about having high marks to keep up their good rating than to actually get to know and work with their students. Many of the teachers are very old and grumpy and I feel like they need to retire. This school does not have a lunchroom, cafeteria or gym. In the winter they had to just stay in the classrooms to eat. It is ridiculous. If a kid is struggling they blame the kid and have several meetings just to put the kid down. They never bring up any strengths and really look down at the parents. I am so happy we got her into a better school this year. I have heard form other parents and they are also having the same issue at ATC where there child is not happy and they make them feel like a bad student.
Great school! Excellent ELA. Math is getting better. They have lost some excellent teachers. Very responsive.
I have been at ATC since seventh grade, and I feel like I have received a very well-rounded education. There is a high emphasis on academics, though every once in a while there are teachers who don't quite fit the mold. There is a shortage of extracurricular activities; these opportunities are limited to a handful of sports and one music program.
The community at ATC is so wonderfully unique, it's not even comparable to anywhere else. The tight knit community has helped me grow as a student and as a human being.
My experience with ATC was better then expected. This school has not only prepared me for college but has helped me find a voice in the community. I have grown stronger, both academically and mentally. It's not all about academics but to grow as a school. There definitely is a different vibe, ATC is unlike any other school I've been to. The teachers and administration have made it their number one goal for students to succeed here at The Academy for Technology and the Classics. There isn't much to improve on, we have culture and activities to bring our community together.
I loved the close environment and small community. I also enjoy that its a small classroom with about 17 kids per class instead of 30 or more. Its a lot of one on one. I would say improvement would be new books and a gym.
I loved attending ATC. It is a wonderful community of individuals who are not afraid of being themselves. There are many benefits of going here, we focus on college readiness and AP. AP is great in some aspects, but it is very challenging when it is the only option. I was definitely always challenged, and our teachers try and lend themselves to all of our unique styes of learning. The only problems, were our lack of funding. We had to use very old and used books, but it didn't stop us.
Very tight community. After awhile kids start to leave and spots are not filled leaving a graduating class of 40.
ATC is an extremely accepting school. Our community is very diverse and unique. We stand out in New Mexico because of our service to the Santa Fe community as well as our rigorous academics. ATC offers a variety of AP courses, and it works hard to prepare students for college.
I absolutely loved ATC! It was a great school that challenged its students all while nurturing them. The culture has grown a bit more competitive since I started in 2010, but it still feels personal and the competition is akin to sibling rivalry. Overall, it's an excellent school that will prep a kid for life after high school.
The Academy for Technology and the Classics is a very strong school for preparing for college. In 10th, 11th, and 12th grade in particular, students take high-level AP classes.
All of the teachers at ATC know each student as a person. Some of that is because we are a small school, but I believe that most of it is because our teachers care about a student as a person. Each teachers really knows their subject, if they are ever asked a question they don't know they will find the answer and gain that knowledge themselves. Each teacher looks at the type of learners, and used a method that will be most beneficial to the students learning. Talking to teachers about struggles is easy. We have a student teacher relation committee and teachers genuinely want students to talk to them. Teachers will explain things on different ways and always have other resources posted around the room or on their websites. Grading is always consistent of policies and regulations for that. My teachers are amazing a.d want me to suceed, they are willing to help me through every step.
Start Your Review of Academy for Technology & the Classics
ACT is a great school and the staff, counselors, and teachers are among the best. They are wonderful at helping each student get prepared for college, both academically and in dealing with the logistics of applying, etc.
ATC is truly an exceptional school. It challenges us to be the best students we can be, and really prepares us for what college will be like. The teachers are so kind and understanding, and so are the students! It's a very unique place, made for unique people. You'll have the best experience of your life as long as you stay open minded and aware of your surroundings and what the people around you are going through. We're one big family, and it really shows.
It's very well put together.