Academy for Software Engineering is an above average, public school located in New York, NY. It has 346 students in grades 9-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1.
Academy for Software Engineering Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-24 Students
- A20 Students
- B17 Students
- B17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+12 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Academy for Software Engineering
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Academy for Software Engineering Reviews
This school is ideal for those who are serious in pursuing a Computer Science degree. Those who apply merely to try something new will defiantly feel overwhelmed. However, AFSE at it's core will always be an institution driven to bring out an individual's potential. Whether it is attending College or starting your own business, hard work is always emphasized. Staff support is widely available after school and each student is grouped with an advisory. For the next 4 years students are aware of each objective they should focus on based off their current level.(ex: all juniors were sent to mandatory tutoring for the SAT). Some Cons of AFSE include sharing a building with 5 other schools, unbalanced gender demographic(A LOT OF GUYS), small lunchrooms, metal detectors and phone policy. Very strict phone policy. All in all AFSE taught me a lot about myself and I wouldn't have traded any of my experiences in the world.
The quality of the teachers is phenomenal. All teachers teach in ways that allow students to easily comprehend the information. If students struggle with understanding something, teachers always have a backup or a different approach to getting the students to understand. Not only that but the teachers want to see the students succeed because teachers devoted their time to get students to the next step. Teachers will not give up unless students fully understand the context, as most stay past their work hours just to individually help students.
My experience at this school has been awesome since the moment I first joined. The uniqueness of this schools comes from what it mainly focuses on teaching, that is computer science. Being that this school is about technology, it incorporates technology in every class, from math, to science, to even music. Through it incorporation of technology, it has shown me the different ways that technology could be used in life and even different fields for college. Technology is what defines this school, and what makes it different from standard highschools.