Academy for Science & Design High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Nashua, NH. It has 169 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Academy for Science & Design High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-29 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+18 Students
- A18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Academy for Science & Design High School
- AFrancis W. Parker Charter Essential School
- Public School
- Devens, MA
- 48 reviews
- A-Innovation Academy Charter School
- Public School
- Tyngsboro, MA
- 84 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 456 reviews
- AGroton Dunstable Regional High School
- Groton-Dunstable Regional School District, MA
- 152 reviews
Academy for Science & Design High School Reviews
This school is the perfect school for those that wish to discuss anything ranging from Marvel movie theories to elementary quantum physics. The school features a very advanced and dynamic curriculum that is unparalleled in the state of New Hampshire. Recently being recognized as a National Blue Ribbon school, ASD is clearly a top notch school that will provide you with a fantastic education and prepare you for the life of a college student.
ASD provides an unparalleled opportunity for student seeking an institution with both a comprehensive and effective STEM curriculum. Students are expected to adjust and cooperate in an learning environment that promotes project-based and real-world application teaching. In addition to the excellent academics, ASD holds one of the most supportive and amiable community of students and staff. I come to school everyday feeling welcomed by the staff and excited to see the brightest students. Everyone's curiosity and devotion is insatiable, and I believe I have received the best high school education.
Academy for Science and Design is a great school that prepares you for college by offering college-level classes and guidance on how to succeed in college. The teachers are very passionate and love their jobs. The facilities are quite poor due to lack of funding from the state however the school makes the most out of what they have. The environment resembles closely to a work place, meaning you can get a feel of a real office place setting. If I was to change one thing at ASD, it would be creating sports teams. As a STEM school, we lack sports in a big way. There are sports available for middle schoolers but high schools have to look to public high schools to be able to play sports.