Academy for Science & Design High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Nashua, NH. It has 190 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Academy for Science & Design High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+36 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+26 Students
- A26 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Academy for Science & Design High School
- A-Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School
- Public School
- Devens, MA
- 51 reviews
- BInnovation Academy Charter School
- Public School
- Tyngsboro, MA
- 93 reviews
- ABedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 474 reviews
- AGroton Dunstable Regional High School
- Groton-Dunstable Regional School District, MA
- 159 reviews
Academy for Science & Design High School Reviews
Love my school! Great opportunities and experiences, like internships and volunteering. My teachers go the extra mile to help me understand tough topics, and are extremely knowledgeable in their fields. The school has shaped me to be the person I am today.
The community here is one of the best groups of students and teachers I've ever encountered. We are a relatively small school, so you know everyone in your grade, and everyone knows you. Teachers are also on very personal levels with students and are genuinely interested in whether or not you understand the materials. I've never had a problem asking for help in or outside of class. The teachers and staff here are all also dedicated to what your goals and aspirations are for outside of school. I've had so much help applying for college, scholarships, and even jobs from the teachers and guidance counselors. The classes here are also amazing. You are definitely going to feel challenged, but driven to do well because of the amazing support system we have here.
Odd thing is - I wrote a review with detailed/ helpful/true info on why my child's experience was not good. At the time their was a similar review. Both reviews are gone. (How many other reviews like mine have disappeared? Someone at niche needs to look into this. The only bad reviews left are the ones with lack of convincing content. ) My sons confidence diminished at this school. This school is obsessed with their National rating. Tests scores are why their national rating is high. It's all they care about. I tried to bring up my son several times - they did not care in the least becuase he's not an asset. Their teaching staff is mediocre with a few stand out good ones. They have people from the industry (mostly industry fails) teaching lecture type classes to one type of learner. The administration is not equipped to handle guidance issues. I see behaviors go unaddressed. As a whole, the school favors arrogance as a character trait.