Academy for Math, Engineering & Science (AMES) Reviews

AMES is an amazing place for students who are interested in going into the STEM field. The staff and faculty are incredibly supportive. AMES has a great internship class where the teacher helps students find an internship that is best suited for them. It's a great way for students to their foot-in-the-door before they enter the workforce.
The classes and all academics are really awesome. They have a partnership with the U of U that's really great for CE. They only lack the sports and social aspect. Class sizes are always small and everyone that trys can earn their desired grade.
AMES is an amazing school where the students are sure to feel welcome and safe. The teachers truly care about the students' well being and success, and will go to great lengths to make sure they are comfortable. One thing that could change about AMES would be the World History curriculum, as it is very flawed and ever-changing at the current time.
Start Your Review of Academy for Math, Engineering & Science (AMES)
AMES provides an amazing education and a great opportunity to take University of Utah classes. This keeps you ahead of the game and satisfied when you graduate, but you need to be sure you take advantage of it at the right time. The teachers are really fun to talk to and learn from. The school culture isn't your normal high school environment, though. So anyone who wants a traditional experience and have that kind of social experience and spirity might be disappointed.
I had more negative than positive interactions with the faculty and staff, particularly with the administration. I felt that I was not valued as an individual if I was not contributing to a positive reputation for the school.
One of the driving factors for my enrollment was the FIRST Robotics club. That, along with great classes (everything from engineering to painting) and an inclusive small school environment make for a great experience.
I like how Ames is a close community it is a small school that gets you prepared for college level classes. It let's everyone from all over the valley in if you get drawn during the raffle. I like how Ames challenges every student and how it can help students if they need it, and the class sizes are not that large because of the small amount of students there are. Ames is more of a community than a school and helps each individual through their high school experience
Great environment, wonderful teachers, very helpful councilors. Offers a lot of classes, and allows for U of U classes and Cottonwood classes.
I love everything about AMES. I honestly wouldn't have the opportunities that I have right now or the opportunities I had through my entire school If I hadn't gone to AMES. One of the best things about AMES is Internship class, it lets you to find whether a field is right for you and Martha has so many connections, she can get anyone in any field to get an experience. Taking University of Utah's classes as a junior and a senior is definitely one of the pluses. Some even take it as a sophomore. I got couple of my general credits completely before I even enrolled in a University. In a nutshell, this is the best school ever!
Small class sizes and teachers who care. This is a school where teachers know personally every student in the school. They have busing that goes into west-side neighborhoods to ensure that all students have access to the school. The counselors and teachers work with each and every student to ensure they have a college plan and are on-track to apply and be accepted to college. A truly great place!
AMES is a really good school for students who are academically inclined. This school really services to students who want to achieve their high school education goals while helping to set them up for their college goals. Also since it is attached to Cottonwood High School it also enables students to join extra curricular activities such as art, music, and sports. It has a diverse culture and the staff is exceptional.
The school has a very diverse student body with small classes compared to a regular high school, which is amazing. Having connections with the University of Utah helps the students get the education they can’t get unless they START college. This school has so many pros to it. The teachers are very kind and they treat you like you matter, whereas students at bigger schools have to deal with teachers that treat most of the students like they are nothing but extra bodies in the room. Any person that speaks to you is kind and understanding. Not one person at this school thinks of others like they’re inferior. Instead, the students and teachers respect each other like actual people with different brains with knowledge that has yet to spill out.
I really enjoyed going here for my high school experience. The community is very open and connected to each other, making for a good learning environment. The classes were difficult to prepare us for college but the way they were taught made it easy to understand.
I love it at AMES it is challenging but it is possible. The school is small so you get to know many people. The thing I love the most is the teachers. They care about your personal life and academic life. A new, nicer, or cleaner building would be nice. Sometimes it can get very dirty in the school
I have had all the help I have needed to succeed in High school and to get into a great college. My counselor has helped with prepare for applying and getting into college. My teachers have all been available before and after school to help with assignments and tests. Great school.
A very accepting place aimed at preparing students for college, including the partnership with the University of Utah allowing high school students the opportunity to participate in university level classes.
My experience with AMES had been very positive. The diversity and resources that the school offers are great. You won't find any other place with their type of support. They also bus from all around the valley, so transportation isn't a problem.
Start Your Review of Academy for Math, Engineering & Science (AMES)
I really enjoy the diversity at the school as well as the academics. For the first time, I actually feel like I'm learning. I also enjoy how most of the teachers really push us to do our best and also provide resources if we need help.
I've been at AMES for over a term now and am loving it, although it's challenging I feel myself learning something new everyday, and the community is great.
This is my first year going to Ames. So far it has been a fun and wonderful experience. The teachers are great and the principal is kind and helpful. Ames is a great school to help students prepare for college in my opinion.