Academy for Careers in Television & Film Reviews

Academy for Careers in Television and Film was my first and only high school. Unlike my other friends at different high schools, I didn't have to transfer out somewhere else because it was just an amazing experience and a lot of people were friendly there. Even the teachers cared a lot about how you were doing in class and your performance in general. The school had a lot to offer if you were failing a class and always made sure you had the help you needed to pass. Advisors became like your 2nd parents since they were always in your business, but in the good way since they really cared about how you were doing. Overall it was like having your own little family at school and that's pretty rare to find at other schools.
This school is honestly very well organized and a friendly environment to be apart of. The teachers are always making sure that students are on task with our work and that we put ourselves in the best position to excel, in addition our school takes the preparation for college very seriously as we have two exceptional college advisors along with your everyday advisor for four years to ensure that the college process goes as smoothly as possible for each student as each junior class goes on three college trips a year. The only struggle in our school are the sports programs due to us having a smaller school.
The experience I've had here has been something above average compared to what I've heard with other schools. The environment and all the tools they gave me has been really great and super useful. The teachers here are mostly all amazing people who care and want the best for you there are some bad apples here and there but that's rare and doesn't last long. The other students are a mixed bag and I've met the most different people in this school yet there are some people who came to the school for no reason and I think that pulls me back from this school since they aren't engaged to the whole film aspect of the school which is the main reason for coming here. The school does make it really easy with the way they set up the day and the years. Over all I have to say my experience here has been something else for the better but there could always be improvement.
Start Your Review of Academy for Careers in Television & Film
This school has extremely helped to built me to the adult I am today. Their staff is by far the best source of support I've ever had. They are super welcoming and actually take the opportunity to get to know you. They are truly like a family. No matter who you are, you'll definitely find a teacher who you connect with, and get close to. This school will forever be 100% remembered by.
ACTvF a great and helpful high school, especially for those who are interested in working for the film business.
The Academy for Careers in Television and Film is a wonderfully diverse school, in terms of students and also the productions that are created by them. Many staff members did or still do work in the film industry, which provides very useful insights into the careers many students want to pursue.
This school has really helped me to become college ready. Although I did not continue on with film in college, the teachers and the courses I took while attending high school helped me to accelerate in college.
It is a very safe school in a respectable neighborhood
Students have the freedom to create their own organizations
It's still a new school and they're building the resources to help their students apply to college better
Many of the teachers go above and beyond to help you stay on track
My son has been involved
Teachers are friendly and caring
Security and teachers are really involved
The school is small so mostly everyone knows each other freon freshmen yo seniors. Teachers are called by their first names
Overall I have had a good experience at my school. The best part about attending my school was learning about cameras and how to edit films making my experience here very memorable up until sophomore year. In our junior year we had to pick a certain area to specialize in but then couldn't help in any other ones which I did not like.
Most if the teachers in my school genuinely care about the students offering help before and after class. Especially my AP calculus teacher, he really cares about the students and puts so much effort into teaching.
Start Your Review of Academy for Careers in Television & Film
This school has presented me with the opportunity to excel, while I myself have deviated from the film aspect of it, I can concur that the program in place for film is the best you could probably find in NYC high schools. The experience is even better when the teachers are very kind and outgoing and the students all know each other making for a cozy environment.
The teachers at ACTvF are phenomenal, they're always available, kind, and open to any suggestions students might have for their courses. They provide adequate help to struggling students and always have cool lessons to present.
My Daughter has grown to quite a responsible respectful smart young lady while attending this school, the faculty takes time and ensure that the parents are updated on everything including students, Attendance, Absences and Lateness.