Academy for Career Exploration is a public, charter school located in Providence, RI. It has 200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Academy for Career Exploration Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B71 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-35 Students
- B-26 Students
- C23 Students
- B+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+18 Students
- A18 Students
- A+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Academy for Career Exploration
- BTimes2 Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 59 reviews
- BNew England Laborers'/Cranston Public Schools Construction & Career Academy
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 2 reviews
- BBeacon Charter School
- Beacon Charter School, RI
- 85 reviews
- BPaul Cuffee Charter School
- Public School
- Providence, RI
- 27 reviews
Academy for Career Exploration Reviews
It is a great school! You get to learn new thing. ACE is a public charter school that develops technology talent at the high school level by providing students with skills focused on the emerging Innovation Economy. We offer three career pathways: Application Programming & Software Engineering (APSE), Cisco Networking & Cyber Security, and Data Science. Our students have the opportunity to graduate not only with valuable job skills; they also earn industry credentials and college credit.
The Academy for Career Exploration is a technology based school that provides opportunities for students and their career choices. They gave students in the junior class a free ride to colleges that where offered.(Roger Williams, Johnston and Whales, CCRI). The school also gave students the experience to see what it's like to work in the career path of their choice. For example, when I was a senior, I was given the opportunity to internship at Antony Carnevale Elementary school. I was the school nurses assistant, I received a hands on experience that I will never forget. Not only was it a good experience but it was an eye opener, it made me realize that working with children in the medical field wasn't for me. Other than the experiences given to students, the teachers were a big help. They motivate the students to be nothing but hardworking student. That is what my overall experience at the Academy for Career Exploration.
My experience at ACE was positive and was an important factor to the academic person I am now. I got the opportunity to go on educational trips with the help of our hardworking staff. I went on some college visits and college fairs. I also got the opportunity to earn college credits at a nearby college. I learned how time management is important in a college setting. ACE taught all students about their strengths and how they can be used on daily bases. Mostly everyone is accepting and kind of the different opinions and cultures. ACE is overall a good school!