Academy for Career Exploration is a public, charter school located in Providence, RI. It has 201 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Academy for Career Exploration Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B59 Students
- B-52 Students
- A-33 Students
- C21 Students
- C+20 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Academy for Career Exploration
- B+Times2 Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 56 reviews
- NGNew England Laborers'/Cranston Public Schools Construction & Career Academy
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 2 reviews
- BBeacon Charter School
- Beacon Charter School, RI
- 85 reviews
- BPaul Cuffee Charter School
- Public School
- Providence, RI
- 21 reviews
Academy for Career Exploration Reviews
It is a great school! You get to learn new thing. ACE is a public charter school that develops technology talent at the high school level by providing students with skills focused on the emerging Innovation Economy. We offer three career pathways: Application Programming & Software Engineering (APSE), Cisco Networking & Cyber Security, and Data Science. Our students have the opportunity to graduate not only with valuable job skills; they also earn industry credentials and college credit.
My experience at ACE was positive and was an important factor to the academic person I am now. I got the opportunity to go on educational trips with the help of our hardworking staff. I went on some college visits and college fairs. I also got the opportunity to earn college credits at a nearby college. I learned how time management is important in a college setting. ACE taught all students about their strengths and how they can be used on daily bases. Mostly everyone is accepting and kind of the different opinions and cultures. ACE is overall a good school!
Objectively speaking this school is pretty average compared to most in the district. Due to the size, it has to cut back on classes such as P.E, Music, and Art. There are clubs, however, your options are pretty limited. I think the school's biggest strong point is its focus on technology, specifically when it comes to Cybersecurity and Data Science. To keep this short and simple, if you're looking for a school that's small, centered around tech, and has decent teachers, I think this is a good secondary option compared to say PCTA. Otherwise, you're better off going somewhere else instead.