Academy for Academic Excellence Reviews

This school brings a lot of opportunity to youth when resources are utilized. The most outstanding part of this school is the curriculum and it's application toward technology and I feel very grateful for the teachers that showed great sensibility and empathy for their students. The areas in which the school lacks is only in their disciplinary staff. Their logic and understanding of children and teens is slightly eskew and frankly I don't see evolvement any time soon. It is and institution very focused on tradition and popularly voted values by which is blamed on the parents of the school. I hope on the future they can correct the insubordination and start listening to a world that is changing for the preparation of our future leaders.
I've been with the Academy for Academic Excellence or AAE for almost ten years and my overall experience is pretty good. The school is very small when it comes to class sizes, averaging around one hundred students for each grade level. Truthfully, I quite like this part of the school because it allows the students to really get to know one another and it brings a closeness around the school. The teachers are nice and strive to strengthen our education. Our sports teams are relatively good but, since the school is pretty small in size, we do not have many sports like other high schools do, nor do we have junior varsity or varsity teams. Overall, I truly like this school and had no problems throughout my years at AAE.
As a recent graduate of AAE, what I liked most about this school are a few select teachers who were very passionate about the subject they teach. There are a few very good teachers here who made an impact on my education. What I don't like about this school is their over-the-top rules. Their tardy policy is sometimes not logical or fair to the students. For example kindergarteners obviously do not have control over whether they're late to school. That problem should be discussed with their parents instead of having detention at such a young age. Teachers, proctors etc. have favorites which make the other kids feel excluded. Sometimes the teachers here don't know how to control their class and allow people to become very disruptive. As for the students who attend this school, it is not very diverse since it's a small school, and often for new students, it might be difficult finding their niche group. I will add that the school lunch they serve here is very terrible, sometimes inedible.
Start Your Review of Academy for Academic Excellence
The Academy for Academic excellence is a fairly good school. They have good academics and very nice students and staff. It is a small school, but a nice school.
Good K-12 school. Great families, a lot of parental involvement. Marching band and JROTC are strong programs at this school.
I love the closeness of the school, and all the parent involvement. I love the smaller class size too.
It is a really good school nothing but positive stuff about the school . The teachers are amazing. I love how the school is diversity . Also I love how everyone is so nice there .
The Academy for Academic Excellence is a great charter school. Safety is not an issue and academics are good. This school is mostly focused on academics instead of sports and arts.
I am proud of the education and support that my two children have received during elementary, middle school and high school at the Academy for Academic Excellence. The teachers, staff and admin are passionate and highly dedicated. Parent involvement is unparalleled. My senior has received many scholarships and feels confident that she is well prepared for college. This is truly the best school!
Academy for Academic Excellence is a wonderful school for kindergarten through twelfth grade students. All of the students and staff are warm and welcoming to anyone, making it a very friendly, practically like family, campus. The academic classes are top of the notch, and not to mention the amazing sports programs within the school.
Such an amazing school with great teachers! Would recommend to anyone! I go there and have never had a single bad experience.
This school excels in preparing students for college. By providing counseling, extracurricular programs, and creating opportunities in academic development this school aids students in creating their path for the future. While this school has many qualities there are some areas that are lacking as such in diversity and the school culture. The foundation of the school's academia is centered around the NASA space program and structure of core classes. There are however, options for performing arts, music, and art. This creates a diverse field of study to get the students interested in learning.
The school has taken measures to ensure that students are safe. For instance, there is a building in the front entrance of the school that has cameras within different parts of the school to ensure that outsiders will not enter. Also the uniforms are a major part of a safety issue because it can easily point out people who don't belong in the school.
There are many clubs/extracurricular activities within the AAE. Our most known are things like make a wish, HOSA, and AFJROTC. These programs are very well involved with proving students with the ability to provide to the community. For instance, make a wish has been successful in fundraising enough funds to grant children who have been diagnosed with medical disabilities their wishes. ASB is also very well liked and favored at the school because they are in charge of planning of the AAE activities from dances to Fall Festival. These many programs and clubs are a huge part of what make AAE exciting.
The school is unique in some ways because of the fact that it accomplishes so much even when the school is small compared to the many other high schools in the high desert. As a student I have come a long way and have learned so much because of the fact that I was taught by some of the best teachers. I have developed skills that most students don't normally have because the AAE pushes you to find your best abilities. Each year the school grows in many ways all in the purpose to give students the best education. With this being said as a new senior I can testify that I have received a good education and hope for others to join the AAE.
The teachers at the school are very well qualified to help any student whether your very proficient or struggle in some areas. Their teaching methods can be challenging, but are done this way as to push students to do the best they can. Apart of the reason as to why a large portion of the students are proficient is because the teachers accomplish to teach effectively. Without the teachers AAE wouldn't be known for it's academic excellence.
Great school put they challenge you thats for sure
Start Your Review of Academy for Academic Excellence
Lots of extracurricular stuff. ROTC and Band
Swell. few things could be different of course. LOVE the AFJROTC program really really great program
Overall pretty good a few teachers here and there are not the best and they are not always consistent with there grading but overall great staff and teachers