Academy for Academic Excellence is an above average, public, charter school located in Apple Valley, CA. It has 1,371 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Academy for Academic Excellence Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- A-42 Students
- A39 Students
- B+38 Students
- A38 Students
- A+38 Students
- A36 Students
- B+33 Students
- B33 Students
- A-32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Academy for Academic Excellence
- B+Academy of Careers & Exploration
- Helendale Elementary School District, CA
- 26 reviews
- C+Riverside Preparatory
- Oro Grande Elementary School District, CA
- 196 reviews
- B-Excelsior Charter School
- Victor Valley Union High School District, CA
- 158 reviews
- C+Summit Leadership Academy-High Desert
- Hesperia Unified School District, CA
- 18 reviews
Academy for Academic Excellence Reviews
I am proud of the education and support that my two children have received during elementary, middle school and high school at the Academy for Academic Excellence. The teachers, staff and admin are passionate and highly dedicated. Parent involvement is unparalleled. My senior has received many scholarships and feels confident that she is well prepared for college. This is truly the best school!
I've been with the Academy for Academic Excellence or AAE for almost ten years and my overall experience is pretty good. The school is very small when it comes to class sizes, averaging around one hundred students for each grade level. Truthfully, I quite like this part of the school because it allows the students to really get to know one another and it brings a closeness around the school. The teachers are nice and strive to strengthen our education. Our sports teams are relatively good but, since the school is pretty small in size, we do not have many sports like other high schools do, nor do we have junior varsity or varsity teams. Overall, I truly like this school and had no problems throughout my years at AAE.
This school excels in preparing students for college. By providing counseling, extracurricular programs, and creating opportunities in academic development this school aids students in creating their path for the future. While this school has many qualities there are some areas that are lacking as such in diversity and the school culture. The foundation of the school's academia is centered around the NASA space program and structure of core classes. There are however, options for performing arts, music, and art. This creates a diverse field of study to get the students interested in learning.