Academic Magnet High School Reviews

I love the challenges and organization that the school offers. The school atmosphere is very friendly and it is easy to find others who share similar interests.
The school prepares students academically for the rigors of college. The teachers are so engaging and make a special effort to get to know each student personally. My child absolutely loves to learn now thanks to the amazing teachers at the school! Couldn't have asked for a better education for my son!
I would like any and all planning to be better and would like information to be spread more reliably.
Start Your Review of Academic Magnet High School
I love the close-knit community they promote there. All of the teachers love to connect with their students and really get to know them for who they are, not just how they perform in the classroom. AMHS also offers some of the most entertaining events throughout the year, which really helps everyone unwind from the rigorous coursework.
The teachers are very encouraging and helpful with all of the students' endeavors. The classes are challenging but very helpful and fellow students help to cultivate an environment of innovation.
The workload is difficult, but it will prepare you for college. Overall the best high school in South Carolina
The academic offerings are top notch for a public school. It would be nice if they had more offerings in artistic clubs (theater, etc.) either at the school or cross campus.
Academic Magnet offered rigorous coursework to prepare students for college. I feel very well prepared for college. The environment is very high stress, but the education is worth it. The teachers work hard and want you to succeed. The only thing I would change is how competitive it feels when you are compared to other students. It does tend to create a sort of divide.
Most students come from white, middle class families which can create a lack of learning and accepting other cultures. In that sense, we are underprepared for the real world. There are resources available if you reach out to teachers and faculty.
A great school with an amazing student body and many opportunities. However, the workload is extremely heavy and stress is basically inevitable. Some teachers are amazing, but some teachers leave much to be desired.
It is a great school, but it is very inclined towards admitting more financially privileged students.
I liked the dedication and passion the teachers had to seeing the students grow and succeed in their studies.
Academic Magnet High School really prepared me for a successful college career. I felt incredibly prepared for all of my college classes and I felt ready to become involved on campus without being overwhelmed with class and other obligations.
I have loved my time at Academic Magnet. It was really stressful at times, but I believe it was all worth it. I feel very prepared for college. I hope to see more diversity in the following years at magnet. I would also like to see some better teachers who really like their job and want to teach.
Academic Magnet High School is by far the best public high school in the Charleston area for students serious about their education. They have outstanding resources to help students achieve more and get into desired colleges. The students there add to the culture of ambitious academic excellence that breeds competition and preformance.
I loved Magnet. It's definitely a challenging school, but you will learn so much and leave absolutely prepared for college.
#magnettttgrindddd if you don’t have work ethic don’t come. Football games and spirit weeks are great
Start Your Review of Academic Magnet High School
Incredibly creative environment with a comprehensive program that promotes academic, social, and career development of all students to pave the way to success during and beyond high school.
Great school! Many amazing teachers that are wonderful at preparing students for thesis, AP tests, and everything else. I would highly recommend for anyone student that is looking for a challenge.
Academic Magnemt is a very clean school. It is a challenge for those who want to challenge their smarts. There is lots of time to do homework and mingle with other students. It is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone who can take the challenge.