Academic Magnet High School Reviews

The workload is difficult, but it will prepare you for college. Overall the best high school in South Carolina
The academic offerings are top notch for a public school. It would be nice if they had more offerings in artistic clubs (theater, etc.) either at the school or cross campus.
Academic Magnet offered rigorous coursework to prepare students for college. I feel very well prepared for college. The environment is very high stress, but the education is worth it. The teachers work hard and want you to succeed. The only thing I would change is how competitive it feels when you are compared to other students. It does tend to create a sort of divide.
Start Your Review of Academic Magnet High School
Most students come from white, middle class families which can create a lack of learning and accepting other cultures. In that sense, we are underprepared for the real world. There are resources available if you reach out to teachers and faculty.
A great school with an amazing student body and many opportunities. However, the workload is extremely heavy and stress is basically inevitable. Some teachers are amazing, but some teachers leave much to be desired.
It is a great school, but it is very inclined towards admitting more financially privileged students.
I liked the dedication and passion the teachers had to seeing the students grow and succeed in their studies.
Academic Magnet High School really prepared me for a successful college career. I felt incredibly prepared for all of my college classes and I felt ready to become involved on campus without being overwhelmed with class and other obligations.
I have loved my time at Academic Magnet. It was really stressful at times, but I believe it was all worth it. I feel very prepared for college. I hope to see more diversity in the following years at magnet. I would also like to see some better teachers who really like their job and want to teach.
Academic Magnet High School is by far the best public high school in the Charleston area for students serious about their education. They have outstanding resources to help students achieve more and get into desired colleges. The students there add to the culture of ambitious academic excellence that breeds competition and preformance.
I loved Magnet. It's definitely a challenging school, but you will learn so much and leave absolutely prepared for college.
#magnettttgrindddd if you don’t have work ethic don’t come. Football games and spirit weeks are great
Incredibly creative environment with a comprehensive program that promotes academic, social, and career development of all students to pave the way to success during and beyond high school.
Great school! Many amazing teachers that are wonderful at preparing students for thesis, AP tests, and everything else. I would highly recommend for anyone student that is looking for a challenge.
Academic Magnemt is a very clean school. It is a challenge for those who want to challenge their smarts. There is lots of time to do homework and mingle with other students. It is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone who can take the challenge.
Academic Magnet is a great school that constantly challenges and pushes students to work to their fullest potential. There's plenty of wonderful and helpful teachers ... but there's also a couple of bad (like really bad) apples that barely teach the material. The work load is intense but not impossible if you have good time management (I don't). Campus feels safe and food is ok. There is a really big diversity problem since the school is mostly made up of white kids. Unless you dozed off for all 4 years, you should be prepared for college after suffering through 4 grueling years of Magnet.
When I came to AMHS, I was highly unprepared. I went to a middle school that did not prepare me for the academic rigor that was to come at this high school. After spending four years here, I have met the most amazing and caring teachers. I befriended loving and encouraging friends that will be in my life forever. The size of the school allowed me to have the one-on-one time I needed with teachers and to have an effective learning experience. Most importantly, I have learned how to study and feel as if I am prepared for college. I do not think I could have chosen a better high school to attend.
Start Your Review of Academic Magnet High School
Great science department and math department. A lot of work, which is good preparation for college. Many students claim to be extremely well prepared for their colleges.
Very good academic record rated top 10 in the US Magnet schools nearly every year. Great preparation for college with only honors and AP classes offered. Good social diversity. Not for everyone because the classwork is demanding.
I had a great time at this school. I didn't have too much trouble making friends, and people were usually very approachable and close knit with each other. I played two varsity sports (softball and cheer) but they weren't as competitive as I may have liked. I would recommend this school to people who are willing to work their butt off in academics and like a small school environment (everyone knows everything about everyone.. haha...) It did me bother, though, that in comparison to some friends who went to Wando (Mt. Pleasant)and had comparable classes and test scores, my class rank and GPA were lower due to the very difficult nature of the school, making the Palmetto Fellows scholarship hard to attain.