COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Academe is currently using the hybrid learning model with students in small cohorts for on-campus learning. The students rotate weekly between on campus and online learning. All the lessons are live streamed for the students who choose to continue learning online. To better facilitate learning, Academe has high quality webcams and microphones ensuring the best possible live streaming of lessons. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
Founded in 2003, Academe of the Oaks’ educational approach encourages students to think beyond memorization and standardized tests, emphasizing active involvement and creative consideration. Here, we learn from experience.
Academe offers a proven college preparatory education in the sciences, mathematics, and humanities, led by teachers with advanced degrees in their subject areas.
Following the CDC guidelines, we have all the safety measures and protocols in place, and limited the student number to 10 per room. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remains our top priority.
Academe of the Oaks redefines the high school experience because we are flexible and dynamic. We are committed to maintaining an education that meets our students’ needs and leads them to be lifelong learners. We know that now is the time to help our students develop a sense of agency, resiliency, and leadership.
Academe of the Oaks Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+9 Students
- A9 Students
- B-9 Students
- A+8 Students
- B8 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+8 Students
Our Curriculum: Robust, Connected, and Global
At Academe, subjects are not taught separately in compartmentalized classes, but woven across disciplines so that students connect big ideas to a growing awareness of the world around them. Our academic vision is rigorous and deliberately different, centered on primary source materials rather than textbooks, and driven by an infectious excitement for intellectual discovery.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Academe of the Oaks Reviews
We were looking for a high school that would be challenging and exciting, and that would allow our daughter to grow academically and socially as she prepares for college and beyond. Among others, her freshman year included classes in organic chemistry, thermodynamics, constitution and civil war, geology, history through art, revolution and reform in addition to advanced math and Spanish. She participated in clubs and electives including debate, newspaper, Amnesty International and Global Nomads. The year offered two overnight school trips, several plays and music performances that were truly impressive!
Academe is the school we were always looking for but did not find until 9th grade. It is a gem of a school!
The key was finding the right fit for our family. AO is a place our daughter is growing academically and socially. AO is a perfect for her personality.
The size of the school was a major factor in our decision. AO is a small school with strong humanities, science, and math departments. In addition to academics, AO offer several athletic and extra-curricular activities for students.
Experiential learning is the second factor that sold us on AO. Students gained real world experiences through project-based work, learning in the field and opportunities to study abroad to enhance the learning process. The learning experience extends beyond the classroom.
The faculty and staff are the best. Best investment made for our daughter.