A.C. Flora High School Reviews

Teachers are very involved with their students, and sports coaches are mostly volunteers that take it very seriously. Administration and guidance do not do much to prepare students for college. The clubs are usually generic ones run by teachers because running one as a student is difficult to do. Overall good education, but mediocre administration.
A C Flora is filled with two kinds of people; those who want to see you succeed and those who don't even care about your success. I was lucky enough to experience those who pushed me to my full potential and helped me get this far in my journey to success.
My school gave students plenty of chances to succeed in their education. The school also had given a varies selections of course that students could take depending on what they wanted to pursue a career in. There are some things I would like to change, if it were possible, at the school. Firstly, I would want them to promote all their course they offer so students would be aware of what could be taken.this would lead to less confusion and frustration from students who want to take a certain class. Second, the school needs to be more lenient with upperclassman going off campus during lunch.
Start Your Review of A.C. Flora High School
AC Flora is a great school with emphasis on learning, activities/clubs and athletics. The school was recently renovated which makes me proud of my AC Flora.
A good school, but at times can be a little disorganized about events. We currently have an open campu, which they are working to fix, but this could be seen as a safety hazard. The year of 2018-2019 will be there first year enforcing the ID policy. Over all its not a bad school just as anything it has room for improvment.
I liked the education it gave me and how well it helped me succeed in college. The high school has the IB program, which many high schools do not, and I had many friends in it who were accepted to many vigorous and competitive colleges and universities. Programs like this, and AP classes, are a very good way for students to excel in college and the real world.
I had a great experience at AC Flora! The teachers were always ready to help which was really helpful. They also offer a variety of AP classes, which is good if you want to get credit hours in college. In addition to AP classes Flora offers an IB academic option, which is good if you want experience a college level work load early.
I liked the different opportunities for me to be involved. There are choices for all types of students to be involved.
A.C. Flora High School is a great school. I enjoy the dance program and the opprotunites given to me, Although the Facilities of the campus could be better, overall A.C. Flora cares about you and gets you where you need to be.
Overall, I do enjoy my high school experience at AC Flora, they offer quite a few advanced academic programs, like the International Baccalaureate program, which I recommend be taken in proper preparation for college. Although this school has many clubs and activities that students can get involved in, the safety of campus grounds plays a huge role in students being able to enjoy their high school experience, carefree.
I like that some teachers care about their students and that we have diversity. AC Flora does need changes such as better lunch, evaluating teachers fairly and make sure their more involved & patient with students. As me being a student there going on 4 years; overall i really would like for teachers to be more engaged with students and give great motivation to us all. Classes should also be shortened some and lunch extended. AC Flora has great potential but change needs to be made so that it can grow and not be so violent and dysfunctional. Thank You! I really hope you can change some things at this Highschool
I like how diverse AC Flora is. There’s many different backgrounds of students walking the campus. They could improve the cleanliness of the campus though.
A.C. Flora High School is an academic and sports oriented school with many extracurricular activities and clubs available to any and all students. The academic side is top notch and one of the only schools that offer the International Baccalaureate program in my district as well as helping those with lower GPAs with the Falcons in Flight program. The sports programs are improving, as they are now actually giving more funding to the female sports like softball where as before they barely gave the programs enough to keep them afloat. The school itself as in the facilities, are mediocre as the restrooms are not well ventilated especially in the oldest building and therefore the smell of feces and urine does at times permeate the halls near those restrooms. The campus is open with very questionable security as only some of the cameras work which leaves the security mainly to the untrained monitors and the two police officers that patrol our school.
My experience at A.C Flora has been great. I've learned a lot throughout the years. I feel like everyone has had a teacher that they didn't like before, but as you get to be a upperclassmen disliking teachers goes out the window. You wil begin to be very eager to graduate high school and go off to college.
AC Flora has been a very good experience for me. I have been able to grow as a person and student. I have participated in school sports, school clubs and school performances. I have been able to see numerous sports teams excel, including my own swim team relay that won a state championship. Overall, AC Flora has given me many happy memories and best friends. AC Flora has grown the past four years as have I. In the end, high school is not easy for most people, but when your school gives you the best of teachers and best of students it is very easy to enjoy your time there!
The IB program is challenging. It develops well-rounded, critically-thinking young adults who are capable of having, expressing and defending their own thoughts and opinions.
The athletic program has gone through changes during our three years at Flora. A change in leadership, and dismissal of multiple coaches have been both difficult and rewarding in that my daughter has had to learn how to interact with negative, angry and manipulative people in leadership and authoritative positions. While a difficult lesson to learn, it gave her experience and knowledge, while still at home with a support system, on how to manage this type of people so she is equipped to do so in a workplace in the future.
The Arts Program is robust and has allowed our daughter to explore other areas of herself and and expression including vocal performance, acting and visual arts.
If you're willing to work hard then IB or AP tracks will work well for you. Get your required classes out of the way in your freshman year (it will suck). If you want to push yourself then make sure you say so to your guidance counselors bc they're not gonna offer you the full catalog. If you choose to do the AP track as a junior and senior then you'll have more freedom in choosing your classes, but you won't get the same privileges as IB. If you choose the IB track, be prepared to get 5/6 hours of sleep on week nights and lots of stress!!! Doing honors or cp will get you into college but if you want rlly good scholarships and admission choices then probably AP or IB will be better. Being an IB senior will kick ur butt. Teachers are so much better once you're in IB/AP.
Start Your Review of A.C. Flora High School
My favorite part of my experience at A.C. Flora is participating in the International Baccalaureate program. The coursework is challenging and engaging, and my teachers are well-equipped to teach the material. My teachers are supportive and very passionate about the subjects they teach. They do not always use traditional teaching styles and we are constantly participating in activities and projects. The level of difficulty and involvement makes me feel like I am very prepared for college. One of the things I would change is the facilities. Some bathrooms and areas of the school are very old and run down. The school would be much nicer if the facilities matched the level of academic achievement.
Most of the teachers care about their students. The student body is small enough that people know each other. The IB program is amazing and helps boost the overall academics of the school. The arts programs are also really good and every year the musicals are amazing productions.
What I like about A.C. Flora is that it introduces you to many different cultures and offers a wide variety of experiences.