A.C. Flora High School Reviews

I like that some teachers care about their students and that we have diversity. AC Flora does need changes such as better lunch, evaluating teachers fairly and make sure their more involved & patient with students. As me being a student there going on 4 years; overall i really would like for teachers to be more engaged with students and give great motivation to us all. Classes should also be shortened some and lunch extended. AC Flora has great potential but change needs to be made so that it can grow and not be so violent and dysfunctional. Thank You! I really hope you can change some things at this Highschool
I like how diverse AC Flora is. There’s many different backgrounds of students walking the campus. They could improve the cleanliness of the campus though.
A.C. Flora High School is an academic and sports oriented school with many extracurricular activities and clubs available to any and all students. The academic side is top notch and one of the only schools that offer the International Baccalaureate program in my district as well as helping those with lower GPAs with the Falcons in Flight program. The sports programs are improving, as they are now actually giving more funding to the female sports like softball where as before they barely gave the programs enough to keep them afloat. The school itself as in the facilities, are mediocre as the restrooms are not well ventilated especially in the oldest building and therefore the smell of feces and urine does at times permeate the halls near those restrooms. The campus is open with very questionable security as only some of the cameras work which leaves the security mainly to the untrained monitors and the two police officers that patrol our school.
Start Your Review of A.C. Flora High School
My experience at A.C Flora has been great. I've learned a lot throughout the years. I feel like everyone has had a teacher that they didn't like before, but as you get to be a upperclassmen disliking teachers goes out the window. You wil begin to be very eager to graduate high school and go off to college.
AC Flora has been a very good experience for me. I have been able to grow as a person and student. I have participated in school sports, school clubs and school performances. I have been able to see numerous sports teams excel, including my own swim team relay that won a state championship. Overall, AC Flora has given me many happy memories and best friends. AC Flora has grown the past four years as have I. In the end, high school is not easy for most people, but when your school gives you the best of teachers and best of students it is very easy to enjoy your time there!
The IB program is challenging. It develops well-rounded, critically-thinking young adults who are capable of having, expressing and defending their own thoughts and opinions.
The athletic program has gone through changes during our three years at Flora. A change in leadership, and dismissal of multiple coaches have been both difficult and rewarding in that my daughter has had to learn how to interact with negative, angry and manipulative people in leadership and authoritative positions. While a difficult lesson to learn, it gave her experience and knowledge, while still at home with a support system, on how to manage this type of people so she is equipped to do so in a workplace in the future.
The Arts Program is robust and has allowed our daughter to explore other areas of herself and and expression including vocal performance, acting and visual arts.
If you're willing to work hard then IB or AP tracks will work well for you. Get your required classes out of the way in your freshman year (it will suck). If you want to push yourself then make sure you say so to your guidance counselors bc they're not gonna offer you the full catalog. If you choose to do the AP track as a junior and senior then you'll have more freedom in choosing your classes, but you won't get the same privileges as IB. If you choose the IB track, be prepared to get 5/6 hours of sleep on week nights and lots of stress!!! Doing honors or cp will get you into college but if you want rlly good scholarships and admission choices then probably AP or IB will be better. Being an IB senior will kick ur butt. Teachers are so much better once you're in IB/AP.
My favorite part of my experience at A.C. Flora is participating in the International Baccalaureate program. The coursework is challenging and engaging, and my teachers are well-equipped to teach the material. My teachers are supportive and very passionate about the subjects they teach. They do not always use traditional teaching styles and we are constantly participating in activities and projects. The level of difficulty and involvement makes me feel like I am very prepared for college. One of the things I would change is the facilities. Some bathrooms and areas of the school are very old and run down. The school would be much nicer if the facilities matched the level of academic achievement.
Most of the teachers care about their students. The student body is small enough that people know each other. The IB program is amazing and helps boost the overall academics of the school. The arts programs are also really good and every year the musicals are amazing productions.
What I like about A.C. Flora is that it introduces you to many different cultures and offers a wide variety of experiences.
At AC Flora the students got a chance to express themselves. It was a place of freedom, diversity and acceptance. There was something for everyone there like clubs, sports and academic opportunities. If you wanted to speak your mind on race issues you could join the YBE club, if you had strong conservative feelings you could join the republican club or if you felt like your relationship with the lord helped you succeed on the field you could join the fellowship of Christian athletes club.
Amazing high school. Everyone is kind to each other. We're big on sports. Even if you don't play a sport, you'll still want to go support a team, it's that fun. As far as academics, the school pushes you to be more than you even thought you could be. The teachers are greatttt !!! Highly recommended :)
A C Flora is a very nice high school where the teachers and school is very geard towards the students' education and passing college classes. It has one of the best I.B. programs in the state and has a very high passing rate. I have enjoyed my years at Flora and do think they have helped me prepare for college.
My experience at ac Flora was great , I loved all four of my years there .. they definitely helped me one on one there .. I loved how it was just a no child left behind environment but the only thing I would change there is definitely more guild lines and structure when us comes to the student, but. Other then that I would recommend it to every student that there is and I think they would have a great time there!
A.C. Flora was a really good school! It gave you your freedom to become a young adult! They let you go on your own pace and help is also provided! I Wish Flora was more involved in the community
AC Flora did not offer as many AP or Dual enrollment classes as other schools in South Carolina. They gave IB students an unfair advantage over AP/Honors students. Also, Dual enrollment with Tech would help students to see what taking actual college classes would be like and receive actual college credit, instead of taking a gamble with AP test.
My overall experience at A. C. Flora was great. As a Freshmen, I joined the band and that changed my life. Under Band Director Mr. Shank I begin my love of marching band. This was a wonderful experience in that I was able to learn from my director allowing me to be rewarded as an honor band student and go on to become section leader. Being section leader afforded me the opportunity to guide new band members.

If possible, I would like to see the school and community give more support financially and physically to other extra circular actives the same as they do with sports. As with most schools the athletes receive more support than those students who work just as hard attending practices and learning their crafts. In the band, we are not only challenged intellectually (having to learn music) but physically as well in the fact that we must coordinate steps, music and movement to allow the band to work as a team.
Start Your Review of A.C. Flora High School
My experience at the school A. C. Flora so far has been pretty great. I hope other people have a fantastic experience like i did. I am a rising senior and have spent the last three years growing and learning at this school.
Flora was overall a nice school to attend. Nice spread out, open campus with plenty of friendly teachers. The only problem I had was that the school focused more on the sports departments than it did with the art and computer departments.
I am a 2016 graduate from Ac flora high school. I enjoyed every year I attended ac flora. The teachers and staff members are wonderful they help me throughout my years by keeping me on track and out of trouble. The classes were small so teachers got one on one with every student