Absegami High School Reviews

Absegami is a good school. It was a small school and it felt like family. Everyone knew some things about each other even if they didn't speak.
Absegami High School provides its students many opportunities to get involved and challenge themselves. The school offers a myriad challenging courses and has numerous clubs and sports. Overall, it is diverse and prepares its students for college and/or careeer paths.
I enjoyed that the school tried many different methods to make our high school experience enjoyable. It pushed us to get involved field trips, pep rallies, facilities etc. I would change the fact that we do not have the budget needed to improve the activities that we do have.
Start Your Review of Absegami High School
My experience at Absegami was amazing. I was able to meet my closest friends and meet a lot of great teachers. I played soccer all four years and for three of those years I was varsity. Playing on the soccer team helped me so much, it increased my confidence which helped me on and off the field. I was also apart of my school’s FBLA club and Spanish Honor Society. If I could change anything about Absegami, it would be the food, though the food was terrible, it’s just that it could’ve been so much better.
I have met a lot of great people and have been given the opportunity to grow and prepare for collage.
I made a lot of friends, They should change some of the food, less strict , some teachers should be a little more nicer.
The school itself is very nice. It's the administrators we the students are not very fond of. Their injustice ruling and over empowerment has gone too far and I do not favor them. The school overall though, has some of the most amazing teachers and sports teams.
I really liked many of my math teachers and the sports available. They should change the block schedule or change the lunch schedule so everyone eats at the same time for an hour. No rushing to eat and get to next class. Possibly have school start later. The traffic is awful due to the High School and Middle School starting around the same time. There have been more accidents this year which I believe is attributed to the increase in cars at the same time.
They need to focus more on everyone's mental health and take it into consideration. Some kids may have something going on at home and are getting scolded at for not doing their homework. Nor is a there a certified psychologist to help those in need.
High School would not be the same If I went to another High School. As a freshman I was still unsure of what exactly I wanted to do when I graduated. But even so my teachers held my head up high and told me to keep moving forward because one day I will eventually know what I wanted to do with my life. When I became a Sophomore and started Culinary I knew it was meant for me. Even though I was still in a bit of a struggling state with grades. My teachers and especially my guidance told me to continue.

Junior Year came and I met Mrs. LaRocca. A High School and a college chef. She taught me almost everything I know about Culinary. If It wasn't for her. I really would of never wanted to go to College for Culinary Arts to begin with. Senior Year is upon me and it is coming to an end. Because of the staff never giving up on me. High School really became a more than just a school but home.
The food needs to be improved. The choices are limited and the quality is only fair. More attention needs to be placed on allergies and options for those students with allergies.
Absegami High School could improve in various ways; however, compared to many other schools in the area it is considered relatively decent.
I'm currently a Sophomore at Gami. So far, I do enjoy it. I believe our school is extremely diverse, which is great. Our academics contain a fair amount of rigor, which prepares you for college. We also have various clubs/activities that are open to all. Most students and teachers have a great amount of school spirit, especially the upperclassmen. The students here are overall very helpful and kind. While the school is great, I do believe we should hire better teachers. Don't get me wrong- most of the teachers here are great and are looking for you to succeed, however many teachers in the Math and Science department are not as helpful. Some of the honors teachers in the Science department don't teach properly and claim that they are trying to make us figure out what's going on by using "problematic thinking skills." This does prepare us for college, however many people are not doing very well in these classes, which is stressful to the students.
After losing my mom during my junior year in high school, I thought my academics were going to suffer. But, thanks to Absegami, the teachers, my guidance counselor, the administrators, my fellow students, and everyone in between, I was able to graduate with honors. Everyone in the school worked with me, supported me, and helped me feel loved during the toughest time of my life. I will never forget that :)
I had an amazing high school experience. Though I moved there as a freshmen, I managed to make many friends. The teachers were also extremely welcoming, and I consider them close friends as well. I was the junior and senior class president, which helped me to appreciate the school in terms of advising and leadership. Also, having wrestled and played football, I loved seeing the school spirit grow across my four years. Absegami also had great classes. Most of my classes were AP, offering me great challenges, while giving me many outlets to learn from and express myself. I hope to see the school improve financially in the future. We were in a sharp decline upon my graduation, and that really took a toll on my senior year.
My experience at Absegami was very good. What I loved about our school is that it is very diverse, there are people from all races. I hope to see the school board take more of an intrest in what the students and staff want for the school. For example, we recently adopted a new bell schedule and it has done more harm than good, due to the fact that you don't meet with the same classes everyday. This has been bad for students in AP classes, like myself, because we has less time to prepare for our test in May.
My experience at absegami has been good. The teachers are very good and very helping when it comes to work. They help students understand very well
Start Your Review of Absegami High School
Absegami high school gave me many opportunities to meet new people and choose from the variety of class selections that were provided. The class selections helped me decide if I want to pursue a career with anything related to what I was studying. There’s great teachers who are ready to help you when you need it and most importantly absegami high school welcomed you with open arms and didn’t make you feel uncomfortable.
Absegami offers a variety of sports and clubs to students; therefore, it's easy to find something to get involved in. We are a highly diverse school and for the most part, sport teams are average. The majority of teachers I've had throughout my four years have been very helpful and obviously knowledgeable of their field. Counselors are also very helpful, especially when it comes to applying for colleges.
I️ love the people that attend this school. There are so many different diverse students that helped me learn about different things and made me into who i️ am today.