Abraham Lincoln Senior High School Reviews

The school is predominately Latinos and a few Asians, I'd say a 3:1 ratio. All my teachers were very involved with the students and dedicated their time and effort to make sure we were excelling, excluding maybe one or two. There are a lot of different clubs, varying from Robotics to Aztec dance.
I was in the magnet program, so most of my classes were great but not as rigorous as compared to other magnet schools. I think they should push us more in doing independent studies so we can be more college ready because college classes are totally different than what we had.
Abraham Lincoln Senior High School is commonly believed to be a school full of misfits and misbehaving delinquents. I can personally say that my experience in this school has been one involving hours of studying and hard work, taking tests every other day, and learning to discipline myself to be successful. This school is very involved with students and does a great job of getting them to graduate.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln Senior High School
I am currently a student at this school ad it has been great so far. i love that they have a variety of aps and honors classes to join and many other things.Most teachers expect the best from you and motivate you to do better.
Abraham Lincoln High School is a very diverse school all around. Ranging from students to teachers to resources. The biggest things i would like to see change is student involvement/school spirit. Not very many kids attend dances, sporting events, lunch time activities, etc. As well as the food, no one likes it. I understand the importance of healthy eating. But food can be healthy and still taste good. I also wish Lincoln would offer more electives and language classes.
I like how Abraham Lincoln High School is very diversified and it has an amazing magnet program where the teachers truly care about the student's success.
Abraham Lincoln Senior High School has improved significantly over the years and we hope to continue that for future generations. My experience has been very pleasing, thanks to the Lincoln teachers and staff, who are very helpful.
So Lincoln high school has some incredible ap teachers and to sum it all up, it's a good school if you have the determination to work hard. My slc is magnet which is primarily focused on math and science and I'm satisfied with what I've been offered at this school. There are downsides when you go to other parts of the school where people tend not to work as hard as others, but I believe that's typical of a normal high school, but i dissociate being around people like that to pursue doing good in my classes.
I really enjoy the support that is provided within my school environment. I especially appreciate being a part of the Magnet SLC (smaller learning community). I'm surrounded by like-minded people who have same goals or same work ethic as I do. My teachers of nearly all subjects guide me to push to my fullest potential and to always challenge myself. I especially treasure my AP Calculus AB Teacher, Mr. Yom, and my AP Microeconomics teacher, Mr. Zapata. They have their unique querks in teaching which I find very helpful. I used to dread going to this high school, only because of the negative word around the street that students get killed everyday, which is completely false! I've never felt safer anywhere else outside of school. Attending my school actually changed my whole perspective about it, and I've grown to love my school dearly. I absolutely wouldn't change my high school experience in any way. Most definitely, I'm going to miss my four years of high school when I graduate.
I like that the teachers are really supportive and helpful. They want students to go to college and do well. Most teachers go out of their way to help students. I would like to see a change in the efforts of the students.
Students are receiving the education they need and deserve, most teachers are doing as much as they can to educate their students. There are different varieties of classes students could take such as ballet, AP Calulus, physiology, banking classes, filmmaking classes, etc.
Most students here are of Hispanic/Latino descents and coming in second are Asians. Asians and Hispanics/Latinos are very diverse in cultures and for the cultures to be exposed to each other is a beautiful thing.
There are many clubs and activities after school for students to choose from: dance, performing arts, sports, broadcasting, cheer, drill team, etc.
Many of the students at Abraham Lincoln High School are busy working and sometimes don't have time to attend to their children's games or performances. Even so, many of the parents are often very supportive and that's something all students need.
Teachers are often busy with the students as most have large classes. Of course, the teachers I've had tried their best to make sure all the students are receiving the necessary education and the required ones as well. Many teachers are amazing at what they do and give it their all to each lessons and plans whereas some teachers can seem "out of it" and not very dedicated; not doing the best they can. Students are teenagers, they are often in high energies and many classroom settings are inside and students must sit at their desks/tables and do their work. Writing and sitting all day gets boring very quickly and students tend to lose their focus and get bored. The teachers at Abraham Lincoln Senior High School generally are at least on the "okay" side.
The communtity is great, there is a variety of clubs, and there is always help if you need it

I would go back here if I could because everyone helps each other out and the community is wonderful.

My only complaint is that most of my classes were pretty large.
There's a great variety of clubs in this school that students can choose from based of their interest. The people who are in clubs have the most school spirt than anyone else. There are clubs such as environmental club, key club, Asian club and many more which students seem to enjoy. Most students tend to go into sports and I actually joined a couple sports but wasn't the best experience. Some of the sports teams don't seem to be fair toward certain players and the quality of the coaches is not the greatest either. Overall my school has a great variety of extracurricular actives many students can choose from that for their abilities and interests.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln Senior High School
I'm part of my slc council and each year we fundraise for a end of the year banquet for everyone to come. Everyone on the council is very active and we encourage other students to take a part of our school. The clubs make the best experience in high school where you get to meet new people and interact with them. I'm also apart of this banking scholarship where we actually work in an real bank, helping students and staff. If I could do it all over again I'll probably choose the same school but I'd wish to be more active in school clubs. I felt like I wasted my two first years of highs high school and not making it memorable.
Like every high school, it really great teachers and some not so much. I'll talk about some of my favorite teachers who make my experience at this school great. My APES teacher was very corky and fun and her lectures on environmental science was very informative. She brought real life situations into the lesson so we can see a better picture. She was very supportive of preparing for the exam and even brought us snacks on the day of the APES exam. She gives people many chances and tends to curve the grading. Also my banking teacher always brought great energy to the classroom and genuinely cares for her students. Since she teaches financial literacy, she see the importance of the class and how it would better our future. We had weekly affirmations and they were mostly to motivate our lives into the better light. She presented many powerpoints and to make things more fun, she divided the class into teams taking about the lesson we just learned. The team that ends up with the most points gets extra credit and everyone loves that word. Yes talking about these amazing teachers might make you thing why my rating wasn't higher and the reason is that the not so great teachers had a big effect on me. My math teacher who taught precal and geometry, which I had him for two years, literally didn't teach anything. He just gave us a page number and told us to do the problems. It was basically a self taught class and I felt like I wasted two years of math and I didn't really learn anything. A typical class with him is lisenting to his life stories and then move on to independent work. When I have questions, he would ask to to ask a friend, but the problem is, is that the whole class is pretty much lost. There's also a art teacher who isn't a student favorite manly because of her personality but also her weird grading. She mostly grades by if she likes the student which is unfair for most people. Overall there's some positives and negatives but I manged to still like this school.
I was in the magnet program and those teachers are extremely dedicated and caring teachers. I've also had teachers from other SLC's (Student Learning Communities) who are also very dedicated however the magnet program teachers are more rigorous. I've learned a lot from many of the teachers and gained many great experiences from the clubs they had and new people i met. Although it seems to have a bad reputation the teachers there are genuinely trying to bring it up. Some of these people is Mr. Yom and (now retired) Ms. Paulson who are by far the best teachers in math and science I have ever had. Love this school and would do it all over again.