Abraham Lincoln Senior High School Reviews

The counselors are very unprofessional when it comes to one on one meetings. Also they don’t prioritize the classes we, the students, need. The school has poor mirror and restrooms. The tables are very unstable and many of the lockers don’t work so well.
My experience at Abraham Lincoln High School was a very memorable one, there's always many fun events they have planned out throughout the school year. Many of the teachers are outgoing and really understanding, if you ever need someone to talk too they're there for you or even counselors are there for you always. Whether you need help with academic help or college prep our college counselors are there to help.
My experience at Lincoln has been pretty well I believe; I've made many memories with my friends and I've also learned a lot the past years. The school is average sized with a little over 1,000 students and around 100 staff and faculty. The school has so much to offer: clubs, college prep programs, tutoring, field trips, incentives, extracurricular activities, community service, and so much more. The teachers are outgoing and really supportive of their students, they just want to see us succeed in life. There are however a few flaws with the school: a lack of school spirit, attendance rates, and a lot of underclassmen don't take their classes and GPA seriously, which they don't realize can really impact their future as a senior. I always try to pump up the school's energy and talk to students who I see are having a hard time with their studies. I just want the school to remain joyful for many students.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln Senior High School
The Magnet program there is very good. The teacher are great and they know there stuff. There are a lot of resources that the school can provide you with. There are a lot of club that you can join. Get involve with extra curriculum and you will gain a lot from them.
I enjoyed the presence of activities such as theatre at Lincoln which receives plenty of support and consistently keeps me energized and joyful, however I disliked the use of threats to "encourage" students to do as they say and found issues with student morale, staff expectation and overall warped attitudes on both sides of the fence. I enjoy Lincoln, but every school has it faults and I'm sure most educational institutions run into similar issues as they're not exactly places of freedom or fosterers of true creativity/personality.
This is my second year attending Abraham Lincoln Senior High and I have to say this was a really productive year. This school is averagely diversed and no, it’s not like how it was in the old days. It has improved throughout the years and hopefully continues to grow. My favorite part of being in this school is that it has its own Dream Center. We are one of the few High schools that have this positive and welcoming place. It’s really just a safe place you can come to and really talk or learn about anything, it doesn’t even have to be school related. They also have internship that you can be a part of such as; the student banker and IJA intern. I was an IJA intern, it was just remarkable and I highly recommend to join or come see the Dream Center, if you’re a student here or if you’re just in the neighborhood. With that stated I hope that everyone is happy which whatever school they decide to attend, just to make sure you make the best of it.
I enjoyed the diversity of the high school. The school contains many minorities in there demographic. A negative though is that there are hardly any white people at this school as the majority of the school is Latino and Asian. The school also offers many AP classes which is nice to see and many of these classes has a nice student pass rate.
My experience at Abraham Lincoln Senior High School has been better than anything other schools that I have been to.
Lincoln High School is an amazing school. The staff and teachers care about the student's education and well-being. There are classes that prepare you for college and there are many opportunities provided for students to do so. If I could improve something at this school, it would be the lack of resources. Some classes don't have enough material to start projects, and some sports teams don't have enough funding to go to competitions and buy uniforms. For example, the Robotics class doesn't enough VEX kits to build individual projects, so some students aren't able to participate in projects. In Track and Field, there is a problem in funding. This year they weren't able to attend a track meet in Las Vagas and purchase new uniforms for their athletes. Setting these issues aside, Lincoln High School is welcoming and a place where you can grow as a leader and a person.
My experience with Lincoln High School was good this year. The most interesting thing about this school is the many programs/SLC it provides. For example, I am enrolled in the Magnet program where it is focused on STEM. There are other SLC including Medical, Voice, Humanitas, and a variety.
All the teachers were very caring and were willing to help the students. I was involved in the JROTC program where the goal was to help motivate young citizens to become better people. Being in this program for almost 4 years was wonderful because I got to take on leadership roles which I never thought I would be able to do. The instructors were nice and very caring. While I was at this school I also got to take AP courses such at Calculus or Art. There's also a wide range of classes besides the ones needed such as ballet, web design, engineering, ceramics, and more.
I attended Abraham Lincoln High School for 4 years. It was great being part of the magnet program on this campus because you felt welcomed with the teachers and students. Academics were also highly valued and you were guided into a path of life long education. LHS also has an on campus bank in which 12 students are selected as interns to become bank tellers for the full year and receive a scholarship at the end of the year and gain work experience.
The magnet program is very good and the community spirit is strong. There is some intermingling of the different SLCs and grades in classes so you meet a lot of different people.
I enjoyed the JROTC program and the teachers involvement in student's lives and education. I wish they have a better system for attendance because I still get marked absent when I have been on a field trip and during the days I am here.
Even though I was first skeptical about Abraham Lincoln Senior High School at first, I've come to love the school and all the teachers within only a few months after entering. The teachers and staff always had the patience to hear me out, and I felt safe and welcome everywhere I went on campus. Especially in the Math, Science and Technology Magnet. The teachers there were really caring and would always try their uttermost best to help me out. I really appreciate this school and how much they care for our education.
This is currently my second year attending Abraham Lincoln High School, and, so far, it has been one amazing journey. In an outsider's point of view, living in the Lincoln Heights community would mean violence and danger in places even within the school. However, ironically, it's quite the opposite. As a sophomore of Lincoln High School, I am a clear example of how Lincoln has influenced me. Though on the surface, Lincoln may seem slightly ghetto, it has in fact provided me with something more than just an education. Being a part of Lincoln High School has given me the sense of community, a sense of family. Teachers here care; teachers here respect; and teachers here want to see you succeed. Despite my graduation coming closer to an end, I know that Abraham Lincoln high school will continue being the hearth of love to many people living around this neighborhood.
What I like about Lincoln High School is the fact that the magnet program within the school really pushes their students to excel in all their classes, especially by making students take many AP classes. I would just like for the Computer Science classes there to be taken seriously.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln Senior High School
well to start off i decided to attend lincoln highschool because of an after school dance program called urban movement. but overall this school is okay. i like it somewhat i just wish there was more school spirit, school activities, and fieldtrips. i like some teachers here because they actually teach well and make you understand the subject well. they also offer alot of help if needed. they are are some teachers that just give us work and do not teach i think that is a big problem because how do expect someone to learn like that. i like lincoln because it isnt that far from my house so thatss something good. lincoln does offer alot of programs that will benifit you in the long run.
What I love about Abraham Lincoln high school is that there are many activities that you can get involved in. They also offer many forms of tutoring that you can attend after school to stay on top of your grades. I would love for the school spirit to increase overall.
The school is predominately Latinos and a few Asians, I'd say a 3:1 ratio. All my teachers were very involved with the students and dedicated their time and effort to make sure we were excelling, excluding maybe one or two. There are a lot of different clubs, varying from Robotics to Aztec dance.