Abraham Lincoln High School Reviews

Just like any other high school. Has a very diverse and rich student body. All races and ethnic backgrounds can be found here. Kids are nice and respectful of one another and there are many things around the school to do. Lots of places to hang out and group who you can assimilate into.
I loved that it had a vast historical culture, and that it was a performing arts magnet. The food like every other pubic school was terrible
I love the diversity of Lincoln one could be who they are without fear of being picked on. I believe Lincoln is a great performance art school were students learn how to pursue their talents and learn to preform. My experience at Lincoln has been great so far although their are things that I think could change. To start of I believe that some teachers don't fulfill their job and could do better to communicate with students as well as favoritism shouldn't exist. The principal tries to remove students who have learning problems or problematic students from the school in order to have a high graduation rate/ attendance rate. I believe that their are better ways one could do with dealing with it.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High School
Abraham Lincoln high school engages a welcoming environment. The campus is pretty diverse and there are a lot of opportunities for students such as many clubs to join, performing arts, and multiple sports.
I love the counselors at the school. They have made my application process so much easier. The school also has a lot of diverse oppurtunities for all races of people. They alos have people with different majors and who come from different colleges to give presentations and advice that helps to inspire us and give us an idea of what we would want to major in ourselves.
Super proud to be one of the many alumni from Abraham Lincoln High School. I loved the being a part of two major programs: Performing Arts and TWBI (Two-Way Bilingual Immersion). The school is very cultured and has some great teachers! One thing I do like to see improve is the accessibility students have with academic/college counselors.
This school is great but there are a few factors that I would to be changed.

1st - The food is horrible and not healthy at all which is gross
2nd - some teachers are great teachers and if a student would like to switch out of the class they would have to go to the district because the administrators don’t HELP you at ALL
I was initially attracted to Lincoln High School for its emphasis on the performing arts (specifically choir and musical theatre). Then while at Lincoln, I fell in love with the warm and welcoming community and even for dance class. Academically, I feel that they are challenging me in the best way through my coursework in my AP classes. In the past, I have passed 2 out of the 3 AP tests I have taken, and that is because my teachers have been incredible resources for myself and my fellow students. The councilors at the career center are extremely helpful and they are always there to offer me essential advice in regards to college and career paths. The administration on the other hand is not as helpful; they don't always follow up on complaints and if they ever do, it is with massive delay.
What I liked about Lincoln High School is the amount of support I got from my teachers and especially my counselors. Throughout my four years, I got to experience a lot of new activities due to new clubs and programs that are offered.
My experience at Lincoln has been a very good one. There are many good teachers who truly do care about their students. But by far, the best part about Lincoln is the Kenya performing arts programs. As a member in the dance and theatre program for all 4 years, I can attest that the level of performances and classes allow student of all performing levels to learn, and improve as performers.
I enjoy coming to school at Lincoln because of the accepting school climate, performing arts programs, and teachers.
Sophomore year at Abraham Lincoln High School, my friends and I from the Queer Student Union proposed a plan to introduce all gender restrooms to create a better climate for trans and non binary students on campus. We got pushback from some administrators and the district, but when we made a movie and had meetings with teachers and staff, people were in support of us. After a few months, we were able to introduce these restrooms on the main building. Lincoln has a lot of capacity for students to change it if they are unhappy with the circumstances. The school is really open to criticism and feedback. The teachers try their very hardest given the lack of money and resources this public school has, and is really excited when students show an interest in academics. The teachers have made me feel very welcome.
As alumni, I can say Lincoln High School was a great school. I loved the environment and the diversity in the school. We are known for our Friday night lights. The enthusiasm each Friday with our pep band and cheerleaders. San Jose High are our biggest rivals, but I'm still not sure why we share homecoming with our rivals. It's tradition so I guess that's why it continues to be a thing. Teachers and advisors were very close to students and academics. I have very good relationships with my senior year teachers. You really leave having a very strong network for the journey that is college. I spent four years here not all where easy, but not all were hard. It was just right. Abraham Lincoln is a great school!
This is my fourth year at Lincoln so I can speak from utter wisdom when it comes to every aspect of our school. We are blessed to have the music and dance directors we have now. Like many schools, we have good teachers and we have bad ones, what's more to say. Furthermore, if you're someone who is passionate about something or strongly believe in something, then you will most likely find a club for it. Some of our clubs include the Math club, Latinos United, the Harry Potter club, the Hack club, even an anime club (if you're into that). We also have some very impressive sports teams and a variety of sports to get involved with. We have held our football championship against our rival school for almost 2 decades without having been defeated. BONE STAYS HOME. We also have some of the most dedicated counselors in the district. In summary, you're here to learn and looking to get involved you're going to have a good time.
I like that there are a lot of resources when you need help. The teachers are available at lunch, and offer a period to come in and get help if you are struggling. i would like to see a change when it comes to food. There is no where to get healthy snacks on campus. There are only junk food.
The staff at Abraham Lincoln High are very focused on my academics and they truly care about me. They are very accommodating and tend to help with projects after school or during breaks. Many of the teachers that I've had seem to have a deep interest in what they are teaching and because of this, their classes are often engaging and fun. The campus setting allows for social and educational interaction with a wide variety of clubs and organizations to join. I especially am so thankful for the diversity of the school. They have a great Art Program, which I enjoyed so much. The advisory period has helped me so much with my homework. To make the school even better than what it already is, I would probably suggest a classroom talking more about colleges and what to expect or maybe even more SAT practice tests.
Abraham Lincoln has some very friendly teachers and other students. However, there are some of their student population that aren't so friendly to newcomers. Furthermore, bathrooms are extremely filthy and rarely have any toilet paper in them.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High School
I'm a sophomore and a dancer here its a really awesome school. There is so many programs like dance, art, drama, and many more. There are also many sport programs. And you can also be a cheerleader and many other things. Academics are great there are many academic programs that can help you raise you're grades and or move on to college.
Lincoln's diverse student body creates an accepting environment where any person of color, race, sexual orientation, and skill level can feel welcome and achieve greatness. Students can get involved with a plethora of performing groups, clubs, sports, and specialty classes like computer science and film class; there is something for everyone at Lincoln. The visual/performing arts is top notch where students learn advanced techniques in dance, drama, choir, art, and computer art. Students express themselves through the art craft they are passionate about freely.
Lincoln is an amazing magnet school!!! There's a reason the waiting list is so long. The theater department is beyond everything you could imagine! There are guests who attend the shows who have no ties to the school-they simply go to enjoy the experience. The Leadership program is directed by Miss Eileen Zamora and she is the most hardworking and generous woman on campus.