Abraham Lincoln High School is a public school located in Council Bluffs, IA. It has 1,325 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Abraham Lincoln High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A207 Students
- A186 Students
- B128 Students
- C+120 Students
- B+77 Students
- A-62 Students
- A47 Students
- B-44 Students
- A-43 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Abraham Lincoln High School
- C+Thomas Jefferson High School
- Council Bluffs Community School District, IA
- 191 reviews
- BLewis Central Senior High School
- Lewis Central Community School District, IA
- 203 reviews
- B-Ralston High School
- Ralston Public Schools, NE
- 114 reviews
- BBellevue East High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 171 reviews
Abraham Lincoln High School Reviews
Generally the school is fine but some of the students here can be a bit sketchy, and with the Freshman building the school is very crowded, walking throw the halls can be a struggle at times. The budget cuts that dmps is making is just making everything worse, from less school programs to worse food. The culture here is very nice, most people have good school spirit. Everybody just want to see each other succeed.
Abraham Lincoln High School is friendly and welcoming. The students tend to collaborate with each other and create large friend groups. The teachers try to involve themselves with the students and try to make impressions among their youth. I would recommend this school for students that want a fast track through high school and to the college experience. Abraham Lincoln high school offers lots of college help and allows students to implement a four-year plan.
I love the atmosphere and support in not only my high school, but the entire district. After the death of my dad, the support I received from all teachers, past and present, was tremendous. One thing I would love to see change is the involvement of students. Being a student athlete who also was involved in band, NHS, and mock trial, seeing more students supporting clubs and programs that are not as popular would be amazing.