Abraham Lincoln High School Reviews

When I had first enrolled into Abraham Lincoln High School I was nervous. I had heard rumours that it had a large amount of students who acted up often. But I was floored when I finally entered my classes. Some rumours were true, ones where students occasionally acted up, but it was only ever the freshman who did. I did like the way the teachers taught their lessons. It was easy for me to understand and I learned pretty quick. The school as a whole wasn't as bad as I expected, and I'm relieved. Of course there are some minor set backs like the immature students or large crowds during lunch, but it doesn't effect my learning process.
First of all, I didn't wanted to go Abraham Lincoln High School because I heard some terrible things about the school not being so good in terms of safety and academic. However, it turned out to be a really good school. I met some great teachers who are willing to help you succeed in Academic and social life.
My experience in ALHS was very interesting. You get to know almost everyone even though the school is very big. The staff is very nice, especially the security guards. They're warm and friendly, but serious in times of incidents. I really like how you have the opportunity to take higher level classes (AP, College Now, and Syracuse) to receive college credits. One thing I would like see change would be the bottle rule (you cant bring open beverages into the school). This rule makes you wait to drink your drink if you bought one, or even waste it if you forget.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High School
What I like about Abraham Lincoln High School is that they encourage all students to see college as an important step in life. This school helped me to find my interests and there were many clubs students could choose from to help explore who they are as a person. Teachers are really encouraging and care about the well-being of their students. What this school can improve on is getting students more involved.
I cried when I got accepted to Abraham Lincoln High School. There was a bad reputation about this school. I was one of those students that fell into the rumors of how bad it was. But everything I heard was a lie. When entering 9th grade the administrations and teachers made sure we wouldn't be lost so they divided the 9th grade in to different teams. The diversity was great, so was security due to the school having scanners. But as I got into 11th grade, the academics were great, we had access to college credited A.P. courses, CUNY courses, and SUPA courses. The teachers cared for you no matter what, they were willing to help you no matter what. I am graduating this year and I am proud to go here because of how much the school has changed and how the school has changed me into a better person. No matter where you go it's always up to you on how you put things into perspectives. I put mine in a way to succeed and now in this school I am graduating in the top 20 of the class of 2017.
I actually love this school. I am currently a junior and I've already got to experience so much. I learned how to swim at this school , I also learned how to play volleyball which I'm on the team now. They offer so many different types of sports and programs. I've also become very close to multiple teachers and they have all been there for me at my worst times. The school is overall very friendly and we're always having some sort of event; the autism walk , breast cancer walk , blood donation , etc.
The teachers are so nice, but the students are rude and ignorant and only care about starting fights.
I really like the academics classes in my school but I would really like to see more elective classes such as coding, and graphic design. Other than that I really like the class selections my school provides. Mostly the varieties of AP classes my school has to offer, and I definitely cannot forget about our College Now program. The college now program really gives us students an opportunity to actually take a college course for free with college credits with no cost at all. And the best part about is that it in our own school, so we don't have to travel the extra distance. The teachers are also very helpful and kind in our school. They really care about and knows how to get is prepared for the next step of our lives which is college. Our Administration is very helpful as well.
Who'd have thought a school in Brooklyn, New York would be good. My 4 year experience in Abraham Lincoln High School had to be the best 4 years of my life. In that school, all of my skills adjusted such as my writing skills, my math and reading skills as well. Everyone there is friendly, especially the teachers, My favorite was Ms. Levy. She was like a mentor to me because she always made sure i stayed on track in and outside of her class. She recommended me to a program called the Urban Ambassador Leadership program, which is sponsored by the NYC Department of Education. If i were to get asked, I would highly recommend this school to incoming freshmen.
Abraham Lincoln High School provides many classes that will help you get ready for college. They provide many AP and College Now classes. They recently just had a class that is a Syracuse University provided program. In this class you can receive up to 6 college credits. However the students that get enrolled into the school cause a lot of ruckus to occur around the school.
This school is good to kids and provides opportunities to grow and learn. It's facilities are nice and the people encourage students.
The last days of my high school career are fast approaching and I can only imagine how I'll be feeling when I step out of Abraham Lincoln High School grounds for the very last time. Throughout these three years, I have felt a lot of urgency about graduating high school. I didn't think that the time to graduate would come soon enough. Now, that time is finally nearing. I cannot believe that it has come this fast. I remember my first days of high school. I was just dying to experience all the new and exciting things that awaited me. From sports to boys to all the partying, I just wanted to know what everything was like. Now that I've done all those things and many more, I am about to embark on a new adventure that will take me too many more new experiences.
I love my school and the teachers I've had while in Lincoln.They motivate me to keep going even when I was going through bad times.Teachers here in my opinion know how to teach as I learned various topic in math that I struggled with before.
I Like The Student Athlete System. Also How The Athletes Are Not Allowed To Participate If There Grades Are Low. Also I Like The Company The Teachers Have On Us Students. The Only Real Minor Problem Is The Amount College Consulers There Are In The School. There Are Many Mistakes That Has Happened To Me And Other Students.
The school has many options for students.
No one cares about your color, shape, size, religion , etc!
If you are not on a sports team, you really dont have much options. This school focused on their doorts teams such as football and baketball. Photography is a great program too! With an amazing teacher , Carlos Molina!
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High School
It was an amazing school
This school does a lot to promote the health and safety of it's students. The school nurse is helpful, there is a school doctor who comes in sometimes for students to make appointments.
The extracurricular opportunities at my school were very good, because there were a large variety of clubs and other activities to choose from.