Abraham Lincoln High Reviews

Abraham Lincoln is kind of a rowdy school, but has quite a few laid- back teachers. When you walk down the halls you can always see groups of kids clustered together talking in the middle of the hall like they're holding a tiny meeting, or sometimes hear people blasting music in the hallways. The students that go there, are for the most part, nice. We have teachers are strict, but a lot are pretty laid- back. Some are a bit too laid- back in my opinion, which can hinder some of the students learning experiences. I have had two of those teachers and they almost never really taught anything useful, or anything that I would need to retain for the next year. But despite all that the atmosphere is very good. There's a lot of events that go on that make the school fun to be at such as BSA, the rally, events held during lunch right outside the cafeteria, etc.
I really had a lot of positive experience here for the four years of my high school career. I have built close relationships with teachers and am comfortable reaching out to them for any questions I may have. I was in the ACE Pathway and I had so much fun and made lots of friends. Our pathway was a supportive family and our teacher gave us lots of support especially preparing us for college.
Overall okay school. Met some worst teachers and best teachers. Math department is especially weak but language teachers are mostly great. Not much AP classes offered but for those offered are with amazing teachers. Asian population in the school is incredibly dense, great if you want to learn Chinese or something...Some math and science teachers are native chinese speakers too lol
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High
I feel that, as a college student, this high school has failed to provide me the fundamental knowledge for college preparation. As I venture on into my four years of college, one thing that I deeply regret is the amount of experience that I have built up for myself. Many have assured me that I am just fine, but to me I want to go above and beyond. I am very proud of the accomplishments that I have achieved by myself. However, I feel that if I was able to go on and pursue things at such a young age, I have no limits. I want to be able to be the best that I can and this school has not taught me to do so. I have been influenced by many individuals from this school to be okay with average. I realize that I must work harder for things that many individuals have spoon fed to them. This school was not a place of encouragement and motivation, rather a place of assimilation. A stricter and more influential place of learning is what I would think to be the best place of college preparation.
My experience at Abraham Lincoln high school was pretty good. Many of the teachers were very friendly and supportive in order to make sure that their students succeeded. I felt very safe at school because the school was basically its own community where we were free to share our thoughts and ideas without being judged. Though I felt comfortable at the school, I do think that some things could be changed. In my opinion, some teachers are nice, but they do not teach very well. For example, I had a calculus teacher who did not teach a lot, and when he did he only went over the easy problems so it made it hard to apply to harder problems of the same sort.
A lot of Lincoln kids attend city college after high school. There are many complaints regarding to math teachers at Lincoln High, especially Calculus and Algebra 2. Beware of Ms. Fong
I really did enjoy my 4 years here at this high school! The student body was really fun, energetic and nice; everyone got along. The student events were very unique and engaging. The sports programs were great! Most of the staff members are nice and helpful. Lastly, the campus itself was in pretty good shape.
This school is very diverse with many different people. There many clubs and class choices but the teachers aren't he best. Some are super great some just come for the money.
It is pretty fun to study in Abraham Lincoln HS, and I made lot of friends in school. Lincoln has many excellent teachers, and they teach me such of tremendous knowledge.
The school has alot of spirit when it comes to school-wide events. Administration and teachers are great.
In my opinion, Abraham Lincoln High School would be considered one of the better public high schools in San Francisco. The campus is huge and the community is great. Teachers and staffs are great at what they do, but there's a handful that just lacks. Overall the school is very nice and clean, but the BIGGEST problem would be the bathroom situations.
I like the environment of the school but some things in the school can be improved. For example the bathrooms need to be kept up with toilet paper and locks on each door. The teachers for the most part are nice except for a few. The school is also very diverse.
It's a good school with caring teachers ans interesting extracurriculars. I just don't think there are enough opportunities for students to challenge themselves in that there are only 6 periods a day and you are only allowed to take 3 AP classes a year.
I like how all of the teachers and faculty are so welcoming and supportive to all of the students at ALHS. There are also a wide variety of classes and different clubs to join.
My high school experience at Abraham Lincoln High School, was one that was full of opportunities. Anyone who goes to this school will understand a variety of choices one can make even before they graduate high school, in order to be best fit for their career path that they might want to choose after graduation. The variety of AP classes, Academies, and sports our opportunity someone would not want to give up if they had the chance.
This school is good to kids and provides opportunities to grow and learn. It's facilities are nice and the people encourage students.
I attended Abraham Lincoln high school my second year of freshmen year to senior year which is currently now. I enjoyed the diversity in the schools as well as how connected a lot of people are. The academics in the school is also a very big thing because the teachers are willing to stick around and really help you out. While getting ready for college, there are a lot of counselors and appointments to really help you out. I learned a lot when it came to what I needed to do when I needed to do it because it was a part of learning how to be independent. Overall I enjoyed my time at Lincoln and hope that others will feel the same way.
Start Your Review of Abraham Lincoln High
ALHS was a great place for me! As an English learner, I can say that it is the best place for newcomers. All the teachers are willing to help you, and they are really good at what they do. No one gets bullied at ALHS, and there is vast diversity of students attending to ALHS. There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about the school I attend to; therefore, I would say that ALHS is perfect as it is, and I would not like anything to change.
School really focuses on the sports culture, how it is encouraged for students to join a sport, and also great coach support.
At Lincoln, we have a lot of school spirit and everyone is close with everyone. There are a lot of fun events such as our annual BSA and Pink Tsunami as well. We are very diverse and there are rarely any bullying or violence that breaks out on our campus. We have a wonderful student store that offers us cheap snacks and we have a lot of clubs as well as a lot of plays.