Abraham Clark High School is a public school located in Roselle, NJ. It has 655 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Abraham Clark High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-96 Students
- B+95 Students
- A90 Students
- C+65 Students
- A-49 Students
- A-44 Students
- B39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- B-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Abraham Clark High School
- CNorth Bergen High School
- North Bergen School District, NJ
- 305 reviews
- C+Bound Brook High School
- Bound Brook School District, NJ
- 77 reviews
- COrange High School
- Orange Board of Education, NJ
- 114 reviews
- C+Middlesex County Vocational & Technical School (MCVTS) - Piscataway
- Public School
- Piscataway, NJ
- 71 reviews
Abraham Clark High School Reviews
Some of the teachers shouldn’t even be teachers, it’s hard to understand what they are teaching. The facility needs to be updated,some classes don’t air conditioning. We need a new Bsketball coach and program!
The entire school district of Roselle needs help. Abraham Clark High School is lacking in so many areas alone. However inadequate the environment may be, the students have ambition; especially if they are involved in sports, the JROTC program and/or other school programs. We all aspire towards bigger and better things. Most of the teachers and staff members encourage us and provide their wisdom. Although our voices are heard, there isn't much the teachers can do. The problem, as aforementioned, is in the administration and lack of involvement from parents. Additionally, the school is worn and unsanitary. I could go on, but I won't.
I have been in this school for three years and from what I've experienced, most of the classes and activities I have been involved in have been a little over my expectations. If you take honors/AP you're in good shape, the students in those classes are well mannered and well behaved. The school lunch is terrible, there isn't enough choice other if you don't like what they are serving then you are getting salad or a sandwich everyday. The after school activities take about thirty minutes to start, there is not enough involvement in them. This school mostly focuses on athletics, even if you're just a visitor, you'll be astonished by the quantity of trophies when you walk in.