Abington Senior High School Reviews

I liked the supportive staff all over the school--everyone tried to make the student happy for being at school. Also, the school had many security guards that would help students who were lost, ensure their safety, or if they just need an adult to talk to in the halls. Additionally, the teachers were supportive and offered after-school help for students who needed additional teaching.
I love my teachers at Abington. They've always been there to help. I've also made so many new friends there and I know they'll be part of my life for years to come.
I personally felt as though the school was too big and it made the experience very impersonal. There was a lot of drug problems and fights. The education is not bad, but I would love to see some work done on school spirit and on controlling the drug and fights, though I doubt any of it would actually work.
Start Your Review of Abington Senior High School
bruh kummer is a pedo
It would be nice if my school offered more wood working or crafting classes. Possibly some hands on classes going out into the school community and doing volunteer work as a class helping the elderly or someone in need fixing porch steps , wheelchair ramps or swings.
My school is the best because Abington Senior High School provides AP courses and it helps to be prepared for college and that is a good point for me as a senior.
Abington has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me. Nearly all of the teachers that I've had have been amazing and very passionate about the subjects they teach. It's also worth noting that all of the staff has been very accommodating when it comes to my heart issues; they put my health first while not drawing unnecessary attention to the issue. The theater department is a godsend and our productions are always very high quality. While the administration focuses heavily in athletics, the theater and music programs manage quite well on their own. The major downside to the Senior High is the lack of air conditioning. There have been a few times where I have almost passed out because of the heat, but air conditioning is being added with the renovations in 2020.
The variety of activities and diversity at Abington is very impressive and beneficial. Also, I feel as though most of the teachers I have had have prepared me properly for college. However, changes that could be made could include the district as a whole improving their notifying of students for college exploration or scholarship opportunities. The condition of the school could also use improvement.
I think that overall I had an average high school experience. The teachers are great, and I found my place in the school. I only wish that the guidance counselors I was given were more helpful towards my academic career and that I would be taught the value of hard work in school for studying rather than handed good grades for just doing the homework because that would have set me up for better success in college.
Abington Senior High School provides many opportunities to its students, from a wide range of electives and AP classes to clubs, sports and after school activies. The teachers are all willing to help any student.
My experience here at Abington Senior High was astounding. I would go back to my first day of high school in a heart beat because it wasnt just a school it felt like a family. Me being involved definitely enhanced my high school experience to the fullest and I have no regrets attending this school what so ever. If i could do it all over again, I would with no changes.
Abington overall is a great school, it has lots of diversity and top of the line education. The Senior high offers students a huge chance to express themselves with different clubs/ activities. We have students that come from different cultural backgrounds. But I have to say sometime Abington senior has its days where high can be too much but, we are given chances to say ' hey I need a break' and you are given ways to balance school life. Sometimes I wish food could be way better but it is not bad. The teachers are super supportive towards the students.
Abington is a decent school, but could use some infrastructural and administrative improvement. I've enjoyed my time, and I feel prepared for college. Fix the food tho!
Abington offered a range of opportunities for students of all interests; as a language person, I found my niche in the language departments, but I could still dip my toe into everything from music to chemistry and receive a phenomenal education. Students receive strong support and preparation whether they're heading for a four-year university or the workplace, and they have a say in the opportunities offered, often forming new clubs or organizing events. The district is fairly diverse, both ethnically and socioeconomically, and the high school is getting better at ensuring equity for students of all backgrounds.
Great school with great teachers and resources. I have learned so much and have been pushed to do better. Its an awesome learning community and can be so much fun when you get involved. This schools resources such as the guidance councilors and more have also helped me so much with tough things going on in my life. Teachers are also very resourceful and will often take further time outside of the scheduled period to help you learn stuff that wasn't comprehended well. The only down fall to the school is no air conditioning making it hard to focus especially during finals and our schools pluming isn't that great either.
It was a typical high school environment. Decent size and decent people who build relationships with the students and tons of extracurricular opportunities
The best part of Abington is the teachers. My experience with the teachers has been great, they’re all extremely caring and genuinely want the best for you. The school is clean and extracurriculars are encouraged and easy to enjoy.
Start Your Review of Abington Senior High School
Our two older kids graduated from Abington in 2015 and 2017. They were able to take a variety of AP classes and both benefited from a really solid music program. It was so impressive to see the love that so many graduating seniors show for the band, orchestra, and choral music teachers--they clearly deeply value the time they are able to spend with these men and women and the investment the teachers make in them.
Personally I feel like I've excelled at abington, of course every school has its flaws. Abington doesn't have air conditioning which is a hard environment to take finals in when the room is 90 degrees. But other than the AC problem and their large focus on athletics over their arts programs, abginton tries to provide their students with as many resources as they can to be successful.
The teachers make this school; they are interactive with the students and work with you when you need them. In every class, you end up making a niche group of friends that carry on through the school year alongside you.
Those groups are what keeps you sane and collected in a teaching environment.
Smaller clubs and activities often go unnoticed, such as the FBLA program run by the business chairman; they deserve the recognition they deserve, seeing as how I truly only understood what FBLA was in my senior year when I participated.