Abington Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Abington, PA. It has 1,743 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Abington Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-298 Students
- A+153 Students
- A149 Students
- A-146 Students
- B+122 Students
- A+88 Students
- B-86 Students
- B75 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Abington Senior High School
- ACheltenham High School
- Cheltenham School District, PA
- 315 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- A+Upper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 272 reviews
- APennsbury High School
- Pennsbury School District, PA
- 555 reviews
Abington Senior High School Reviews
Abington offered a range of opportunities for students of all interests; as a language person, I found my niche in the language departments, but I could still dip my toe into everything from music to chemistry and receive a phenomenal education. Students receive strong support and preparation whether they're heading for a four-year university or the workplace, and they have a say in the opportunities offered, often forming new clubs or organizing events. The district is fairly diverse, both ethnically and socioeconomically, and the high school is getting better at ensuring equity for students of all backgrounds.
Abington is a decent school, but could use some infrastructural and administrative improvement. I've enjoyed my time, and I feel prepared for college. Fix the food tho!
Abington overall is a great school, it has lots of diversity and top of the line education. The Senior high offers students a huge chance to express themselves with different clubs/ activities. We have students that come from different cultural backgrounds. But I have to say sometime Abington senior has its days where high can be too much but, we are given chances to say ' hey I need a break' and you are given ways to balance school life. Sometimes I wish food could be way better but it is not bad. The teachers are super supportive towards the students.