Abington Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Abington, PA. It has 1,776 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Abington Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A339 Students
- A+184 Students
- A-178 Students
- A171 Students
- B133 Students
- A+103 Students
- B90 Students
- B81 Students
- B-74 Students
- B-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Abington Senior High School
- A-Cheltenham High School
- Cheltenham School District, PA
- 331 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 137 reviews
- A+Upper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 276 reviews
- APennsbury High School
- Pennsbury School District, PA
- 564 reviews
Abington Senior High School Reviews
Abington has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me. Nearly all of the teachers that I've had have been amazing and very passionate about the subjects they teach. It's also worth noting that all of the staff has been very accommodating when it comes to my heart issues; they put my health first while not drawing unnecessary attention to the issue. The theater department is a godsend and our productions are always very high quality. While the administration focuses heavily in athletics, the theater and music programs manage quite well on their own. The major downside to the Senior High is the lack of air conditioning. There have been a few times where I have almost passed out because of the heat, but air conditioning is being added with the renovations in 2020.
Abington offered a range of opportunities for students of all interests; as a language person, I found my niche in the language departments, but I could still dip my toe into everything from music to chemistry and receive a phenomenal education. Students receive strong support and preparation whether they're heading for a four-year university or the workplace, and they have a say in the opportunities offered, often forming new clubs or organizing events. The district is fairly diverse, both ethnically and socioeconomically, and the high school is getting better at ensuring equity for students of all backgrounds.
Abington is a decent school, but could use some infrastructural and administrative improvement. I've enjoyed my time, and I feel prepared for college. Fix the food tho!