Abington Heights High School Reviews

Throughout my time enrolled as a student at Abington Heights High School, my view of the school has been shifted from that of a freshman who believed that homework was unnecessary and unfair, to that of a senior who understands what is truly necessary to prepare students for post-high-school life. Now, being a senior, I try to look at everything from a teacher's point of view. I understand that the workload given to us to complete outside of school is manageable and truly is solely to reinforce our understanding of the information we were taught that day in class. I have heard stories from my older brother, who also graduated from Abington Heights, that when he began classes in university he was much more academically sound than his classmates. Therefore, I believe that AHHS is doing its job well preparing its students for their future plans and careers.
I have to say, I have many fond memories so far, but, not all can be good. Bullying is a big thing here, and since it's not always physical teachers don't really care. There are some amazing teachers here! But others just seem to want.you to fail. They give you the bare minimum of what they need to, then you gotta figure the rest out on your own. It's hard when you are trying to balance school and work. I just hope soemthing changes here. Food sometimes is expired. Its gross.
I loved the experience of the Abington Heights School District in general- through Abington Heights High School housed many of of the most influential teachers in my academic years, as well as the friends and family that I hold dearest to my heart. The staff are very open minded- and aided my mental health project- as a initiative to implement mental health education for students, and training for the teachers and other staff members. Overall wonderful experience I will never forget.
Start Your Review of Abington Heights High School
I have had so many wonderful opportunities and experiences here. The teachers are incredible. I have had Mrs. Wojcik, my Russian teacher, for five years and her passion for the Russian language is incredible. She is truly inspiring and she has encouraged me with everything I do. This same level of passion can be seen in many of our other teachers, which is why two teachers from Abington Heights High School have been recognized as teacher of the year.
I really enjoyed the faculty at the high school. They are very welcoming and are always looking for ways to help students out. They always want us to succeed. The only things I didn't enjoy were some of the rules that were applied and our class schedules.
Abington Heights was a very good high school that gave me a very good educations and helped to prepare me for my college career. It was a positive environment that really focused on the success of the student.
Amazing, helped shaping me into the great student/person that I am today. I personally joined the track and field & cross country my sophomore & junior year and swimming my senior year and I've got to say I grew alot as a person and got better at the sport during the seasons. There's a lot of support from your teammates & coaches and a lot of team & school spirit. I'm simply very glad I got to be a part of the Abington School District for these past three years.
Throughout my four years, I really enjoyed the opportunities I was given to get involved around my school. I loved the fact that we had a sense of freedom and self expression in our art classes and clubs. My favorite part of Abington is the student council and administration that I got the pleasure to work with as president of the club. I would change the dress code so that it does not target girls in the way it does, however, I did enjoy my time at Abington Heights.
Abington Heights is a pretty good school in general, teachers are nice, the food is good and the edcucation you receive here is great as well.
While most don't appreciate the level of education at Abington, it really is a great school to be at. There are a wide variety of classes offered, amazing teachers who truly care about their students, and plenty of opportunities for all, whether they plan on attending college, going into the workforce or serving in the military after high school. Not everything is perfect, but it can't get much better.
Abington Heights High school has excellent teachers and rigorous academics. However, diversity is very low, which ill prepares students for the real world.
The school gives me lots of opportunities to better myself in every way. They have lot of resources that a student can go to if you are struggling academically and the extra help is always nice. They have a lot of clubs that any student can join and I, myself, love participating in all of the various clubs. The teachers and principals are very caring and love what they do. They are so helpful!
As an upper level student, I have learned that, though AH appears to be a normal public school, if you invest in your education at this school the support and resources will be available. There are very high level classes with well qualified teachers, and college readiness is at a very high level.
The school has always tried it's best with everything. From choosing which teachers to sports and other activties having to be outstanding. They work hard so that students know what and where their going to go after high school. They clearly want to try and help every student succeed. From their college readiness classes and FCS where we learned how to be an adult. I have loved every teacher during my high school career thus far and im happy to be within the district. The only critique I have for the district is that this current year they made a lot of cuts from programs within the building. I understand that money is the issue and that it was needed but all in all programs might be hurt in the long wrong. Overall I love the school
As my time as a comet at Abington Heights is coming to an end, I can gladly say that my experience has been a great one. The teachers are always willing to help you whenever you need it, the multiple sport programs has something for everyone and the most important thing is that you feel very safe from the moment you step into the building. My experience was definitely one I will always cherish.
Our school offers over 50 clubs that everyone can find something for them.
I enjoy the athletics and the extra-curricular activities at this school because I am personally involved in over 8 clubs. These clubs that the school offers makes it really unique and special to make lasting memories
Start Your Review of Abington Heights High School
Teachers are all personally driven to give the best education possible to all students, not only the few brightest. We have plenty of opportunities to ask for help and the teachers engage the students in their lesson as much as they can.
It's good, except for the fact that courses are being cut because the school doesn't want to cut into the ONE MILLION DOLLARS that they have saved up to get another teacher.
There are a variety of different clubs at this school. There are not a ton of fun options , but it is ok. The level of commitment for this school is high. A different variety of activities are offered.