Abington Heights High School Reviews

Abington Heights High school has excellent teachers and rigorous academics. However, diversity is very low, which ill prepares students for the real world.
The school gives me lots of opportunities to better myself in every way. They have lot of resources that a student can go to if you are struggling academically and the extra help is always nice. They have a lot of clubs that any student can join and I, myself, love participating in all of the various clubs. The teachers and principals are very caring and love what they do. They are so helpful!
As an upper level student, I have learned that, though AH appears to be a normal public school, if you invest in your education at this school the support and resources will be available. There are very high level classes with well qualified teachers, and college readiness is at a very high level.
Start Your Review of Abington Heights High School
The school has always tried it's best with everything. From choosing which teachers to sports and other activties having to be outstanding. They work hard so that students know what and where their going to go after high school. They clearly want to try and help every student succeed. From their college readiness classes and FCS where we learned how to be an adult. I have loved every teacher during my high school career thus far and im happy to be within the district. The only critique I have for the district is that this current year they made a lot of cuts from programs within the building. I understand that money is the issue and that it was needed but all in all programs might be hurt in the long wrong. Overall I love the school
As my time as a comet at Abington Heights is coming to an end, I can gladly say that my experience has been a great one. The teachers are always willing to help you whenever you need it, the multiple sport programs has something for everyone and the most important thing is that you feel very safe from the moment you step into the building. My experience was definitely one I will always cherish.
Our school offers over 50 clubs that everyone can find something for them.
I enjoy the athletics and the extra-curricular activities at this school because I am personally involved in over 8 clubs. These clubs that the school offers makes it really unique and special to make lasting memories
Teachers are all personally driven to give the best education possible to all students, not only the few brightest. We have plenty of opportunities to ask for help and the teachers engage the students in their lesson as much as they can.
It's good, except for the fact that courses are being cut because the school doesn't want to cut into the ONE MILLION DOLLARS that they have saved up to get another teacher.
There are a variety of different clubs at this school. There are not a ton of fun options , but it is ok. The level of commitment for this school is high. A different variety of activities are offered.
My favorite experiences at this school were the field trips, they were fun and educational. What is unique about this school is that there are many elective classes a student can pick from depending on their interests. I would not choose this school again because it is a school that is mostly for educational purposes. I felt like i would have wanted a more well rounded school activities.
The teachers are good with helping students to the best of their ability. Most of the teachers are approachable. The teachers teach topics efficiently for students to reach their full potential.
The variety of clubs offered and the support from the district in supporting these clubs
This district offers a lot of extra curricular activities as well as an excellent educational experience. These two things together make for a well rounded curriculum available for every student that attends this school.
As a student has struggled with academics I can say that 90% of the teachers were always there to guide me, help me and encourage me. As long as I did my part, the teachers are always more than willing to help me get done what needs to be done.
There are many sports teams, which are supported by the administration more than most other extracurricular activities. The music and drama programs are extremely inclusive.
I was able to participate in all of the music programs and a sports team with full support from my teachers, directors, and coach. The extracurricular activities were tremendous in forming who I became and teaching me to utilize my time effectively. The drama and music programs were fantastic because they had teachers who were extremely dedicated to the program and to the students.
Start Your Review of Abington Heights High School
The teachers care deeply about the education of their students. They do their best to prepare students to move out of high school into higher education or the workforce. The respect that they show students exemplifies how committed they are to giving students the tools they'll need to succeed.
The school nurse is horrible, the safety is bad, doors don't lock completely or correctly, bullying is rampant and nothing is done about it except for "let's get you and your bully in the same room because of course that will make them apologize, don't worry they won't continue the abuse after this because they apologized"
There are a lot...but there are also a lot that suck.