Abington Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clarks Summit, PA. It has 1,034 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Abington Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+118 Students
- A-87 Students
- A74 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-58 Students
- A-56 Students
- B+42 Students
- B36 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Abington Heights High School
- A-Dallas Senior High School
- Dallas School District, PA
- 87 reviews
- B+North Pocono High School
- North Pocono School District, PA
- 196 reviews
- BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- B-Tunkhannock High School
- Tunkhannock Area School District, PA
- 99 reviews
Abington Heights High School Reviews
The school gives me lots of opportunities to better myself in every way. They have lot of resources that a student can go to if you are struggling academically and the extra help is always nice. They have a lot of clubs that any student can join and I, myself, love participating in all of the various clubs. The teachers and principals are very caring and love what they do. They are so helpful!
While most don't appreciate the level of education at Abington, it really is a great school to be at. There are a wide variety of classes offered, amazing teachers who truly care about their students, and plenty of opportunities for all, whether they plan on attending college, going into the workforce or serving in the military after high school. Not everything is perfect, but it can't get much better.
As an upper level student, I have learned that, though AH appears to be a normal public school, if you invest in your education at this school the support and resources will be available. There are very high level classes with well qualified teachers, and college readiness is at a very high level.