Abington Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clarks Summit, PA. It has 1,044 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Abington Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+123 Students
- A-91 Students
- A83 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-59 Students
- B+43 Students
- B36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B32 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Abington Heights High School
- A-Dallas Senior High School
- Dallas School District, PA
- 92 reviews
- B+North Pocono High School
- North Pocono School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- B-Tunkhannock High School
- Tunkhannock Area School District, PA
- 100 reviews
Abington Heights High School Reviews
The school gives me lots of opportunities to better myself in every way. They have lot of resources that a student can go to if you are struggling academically and the extra help is always nice. They have a lot of clubs that any student can join and I, myself, love participating in all of the various clubs. The teachers and principals are very caring and love what they do. They are so helpful!
Throughout my four years, I really enjoyed the opportunities I was given to get involved around my school. I loved the fact that we had a sense of freedom and self expression in our art classes and clubs. My favorite part of Abington is the student council and administration that I got the pleasure to work with as president of the club. I would change the dress code so that it does not target girls in the way it does, however, I did enjoy my time at Abington Heights.
While most don't appreciate the level of education at Abington, it really is a great school to be at. There are a wide variety of classes offered, amazing teachers who truly care about their students, and plenty of opportunities for all, whether they plan on attending college, going into the workforce or serving in the military after high school. Not everything is perfect, but it can't get much better.