Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Abington Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clarks Summit, PA. It has 1,031 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Abington Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+242 Students
- grade A minus187 Students
- grade A156 Students
- grade A minus138 Students
- grade A minus105 Students
- grade B96 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade B77 Students
- grade A+77 Students
- grade A minus65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responses
- Fun Friday22%
- Homecoming carnival14%
- Football Games8%
- Marching/Concert band6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,735 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 48 responses
Schools like Abington Heights High School
- grade A minusDallas Senior High School
- Dallas School District, PA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade B+North Pocono High School
- North Pocono School District, PA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 226 reviews
- grade BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 154 reviews
- grade BTunkhannock High School
- Tunkhannock Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 121 reviews
Abington Heights High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 258 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
At Abington Heights High School, we focus a lot on our school work. We push kids to be in honors and AP classes and care about how well they do in those classes. I have always appreciated this atmosphere at Abington. However, there are areas of improvement. Through my schooling, I have felt that the district doesn't actually care about the students, only their grades. I hope that Abington will be able to reach out to students in the future with hopes of helping them in their high school experience (where I felt they did not in my years). Also, giving attention to groups equally. In sports, Abington has always cared about basketball and football, nothing else. They give all their money to these sports and leave the others in the dust.
I have to say, I have many fond memories so far, but, not all can be good. Bullying is a big thing here, and since it's not always physical teachers don't really care. There are some amazing teachers here! But others just seem to want.you to fail. They give you the bare minimum of what they need to, then you gotta figure the rest out on your own. It's hard when you are trying to balance school and work. I just hope soemthing changes here. Food sometimes is expired. Its gross.
This high school gives students so many opportunities to take classes in a large range of fields from orchestra, to environmental science, to electrical engineering. Likely one of the best high schools in NEPA. Only reason I gave four starts is because the food is below average normally and average at best, wifi and computers have a tendency to bug out or not work at all, and the bathrooms frequently close due to vandalism but take months to reopen. However, overall as a student I feel prepared for college with the hands on approach teachers teach their classes.