Abington Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- A-77 Students
- A64 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-48 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+37 Students
- A-28 Students
- B28 Students
- A+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Abington Heights High School
- A-Dallas Senior High School
- Dallas School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- B+North Pocono High School
- North Pocono School District, PA
- 193 reviews
- BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- B-Tunkhannock High School
- Tunkhannock Area School District, PA
- 98 reviews
Abington Heights High School Reviews
Review Abington Heights High School
I can name a few select teachers that are truly so helpful, caring, and do their job very well. However, a lot of the teachers are not respectful to students, lazy when it comes to grading, and do not seem to care about struggling students. I have watched different students go up to different teachers asking for help during convenient times in class, and their response was either to go and look it up yourself or ask a friend. Many teachers are unreasonable in planning assignments, grading, and testing. Many times rubrics and guidelines are unclear and unprofessional. I have seen teachers use phones and text during class, teachers losing assignments and tests, and disrespect students in front of a class. Overall there are a few great, knowledgable, and helpful teachers, however many of them lack knowledge, understanding, care, respect, professionalism, and efficiency. I truly believe that many of the teachers should not be teachers, period. I think that many teachers should use their knowledge in a different career.
The school has always tried it's best with everything. From choosing which teachers to sports and other activties having to be outstanding. They work hard so that students know what and where their going to go after high school. They clearly want to try and help every student succeed. From their college readiness classes and FCS where we learned how to be an adult. I have loved every teacher during my high school career thus far and im happy to be within the district. The only critique I have for the district is that this current year they made a lot of cuts from programs within the building. I understand that money is the issue and that it was needed but all in all programs might be hurt in the long wrong. Overall I love the school
Teachers at this school care about their students. Sometimes they joke around but they take teaching very seriously. The teachers I have had, I have loved being in their class. The teachers are very relatable, calm, approachable and caring. They slow down for struggling students when necessary. Their lessons they teach are lessons that can be experienced in the real-world. The homework, grading and assessments are reflective of the lessons. The teachers take time to help the students and assure that they understand what is being taught. Overall I love this school and they taught me everything I know now.