Abington Friends School Reviews

Amazing community, very nurturing and diverse! Lower school curriculum could use some strengthening and revision. Administration could do better with listening to parents concerns and actually working with parents on rectifying the issues.
I started at AFS when I was in the third grade. I spent 7 years at AFS and I wouldn't have changed a thing. The school was inclusive and diverse. My teachers pushed me in the right directions and were always available to talk when I was struggling either academically or personally. Because of the teachers at AFS, I was able to attend a University that I fell in love with and have had a very successful 4 years there. AFS taught me integrity, perseverance, respect and self-motivation. I highly recommend attending this school!
Abington Friends is an inclusive and respectful community, giving everyone, no matter their: shape, size, ethnicity, skin tone, and even religion a chance to do their very best and succeed. The school has many programs for students to study and partake in, such as theatre and different math programs. There are programs where Students are allowed to travel abroad with classmates and learn new things, as well as partake in community service while learning the values of a Quaker community. I greatly recommend coming to AFS if you're looking for an amazing and memorable High School year.
Start Your Review of Abington Friends School
I went to Abington Friends School from 9th grade until I graduated from 12th. I made friends here that I will have for life. I learned from amazing teachers who prepared me to move on to college. The community at this school is amazing and supportive and I look back fondly on my high school years.
I love Abington Friends School, it has given me the environment to be myself and always obtain education and skills that will prepare me for college and for a liberal arts education.
Abington Friends School is a school for people who really want to think deeper, which I think is a strength and a fault. There are a lot of opportunities to speak up and express yourself, with a lot of writing in all subjects but Math, and I've already noticed that I'm able to express myself better than I was before. For someone who really loves English and the Humanities, Abington Friends School is one of the best out there. For people who don't like these subjects, AFS can be really challenging. I think this is something to keep in mind. There is a lot of homework, with a lot of writing, and I love it, but some of my friends really don't. For those who do, though, I'd strongly recommend becoming a Roo!
Abington Friends School treats your student as a beloved family member. It's more than a school, it's a community and they really want to see your child succeed.
A really supportive environment. AFS creates a truly caring and diverse environment, and that is really hard to find.
I attended AFS since I was in kindergarten and I graduated in 2013. I love the teachers, and the environment that AFS provided me, as well as introduced me to different perspectives and opinions. The people that I met during my time there have definitely changed my life, and helped me become the person I am today. Yes, the student body was small, and some people give me strange looks about learning about Quaker values, however, the skills I learned at AFS (both academically and emotionally/mentally) are ones that I will have for the rest of my life, and have made a lasting impression in daily life.
I absolutely loved attending AFS. It was a great school that provided me with both learning and social opportunities that I doubt I would have gotten elsewhere. The faculty and staff truly cared about the students and each other, and I am still connected to many of them today. They fostered many of the beliefs I hold today and helped to guide me down a successful and happy path.
All is good, except the cafeteria is a bit gross
Most of the time they are great, but occasionally they lack funding.
I think sometimes AFS tries to be too diverse and it can hurt the quality of the environment.
A lot of the teachers are great, but sometimes, especially in AP courses they seem confused about the AP curriculum.
The teachers are great but over the past few years the best ones have either left or retired. The acting head and dean of students of the Upper School like teachers who are nice to students and are forgiving to students no matter what the students do. There are still great teachers there but many will be leaving this year too. For some reason, good teachers don't seem to want to stay at this school. I wonder why.
Seems fine. A girl was alergic to everything so you can barely eat anything.
After school opportunities are okay/fine.
Start Your Review of Abington Friends School
The teachers are amazing; I have been challenged and supported my entire career. The Upper School Dean of Students and the Acting Head of the Upper School are not good. They let students get away with not doing work and cheating with no punishment. They also only care about certain kids.
There are no issues at this school. Since it is a Quaker school, there are no violence threats, and there hasn't been a physical fight for as long as I've been there. Violence is not tolerated at all since it is against Quaker values.

The nurse's office is great and the nurse is really friendly. The school is good about deciding whether or not is safe to come to school, and the maintenance men are so wonderful. Although you have your usual school mice and bugs, the maintenance men are always on top of it. The food in the cafeteria is surprisingly really good for cafeteria food.

There is so much trust in this community that we don't have locks on our lockers, and our bags are often laying in the lobby. Although there have been some cases of money being stolen, it's rare, and won't happen if you just be careful about it.
Some clubs are really committed, but some fall through within the first few months. The sports are popular, but the theater program isn't my favorite.