Abington Friends School Reviews

Our child loves school. The academics and extracurricular offerings are excellent. Our family feels connected to the AFS community.
Abington Friends School is academically rigorous yet warm and inclusive. AFS fosters creativity and independent thinking. We appreciate that the arts are valued as much as athletics so a wide range of students, diverse in both interests and ethnicity, attend this school. Our experiences in the middle and upper schools have been extremely positive. We would not hesitate to recommend this school to others.
Went here for 12 years and it was a truly amazing place. The life lessons that you learn here about diversity and inclusion and how to make sure there is a space for everyone is something that I have carried on into adulthood and in the workforce. The academics here have prepared me to be above and beyond prepared for college as well. AFS is a place unlike any other and I recommend it 100 percent
Start Your Review of Abington Friends School
My son and I moved to Pennsylvania on our own in the midst of a very difficult personal situation. Every single Abington Friends School staff member, and so many families, embraced us immediately and gave us both a lot of support and love. Although we were sad to leave our Quaker school in Maryland, we could not have asked for a better academically rich and emotionally supportive place to which to come "home." The struggles we had were overcome throughout the next few years, and now we are the ones embracing, welcoming and mentoring new families. If you want a positive, uplifting, loving, and caring setting -- on top of an outstanding academic environment, in which your child can learn, grow, and thrive then this is the place to be. Welcome, friends!
As an emerging junior having spent almost my entire life at AFS, I feel AFS is truly a special place which offers a wholesome and fulfilling educational experience to all its students. The school focuses on the importance of individualism and personalized learning, within the context of a tight, larger school community. Every discipline is learned through different lenses and perspectives, and students are taught how to be analytically and thoughtfully critical in all aspects of their education. The support from teachers, administrators, and fellow friends can be found everywhere, and students can find extensive resources to aid them in academics as well as activities. Quaker values such as equality, kindness, and community are not only taught but endorsed by the student body and faculty, shaping AFS into a spectacular school environment, where students are constantly excited to learn and experience new things with their classmates.
We truly feel our child is nurtured and challenged. He sees himself as a strong, smart, capable student. We are grateful for the support and high expectations shared by the AFS faculty.
Both of my children were lifers at AFS. The faculty is outstanding; the teachers really care and go the extra mile. They helped my children find their passions. Coaches are also outstanding. The Quaker values are tangible and are not simply taught at AFS; they are lived. I cannot imagine a better partner in raising my children than this school.
Warm caring environment happy school years strong academies ready for college work load beautiful campus teachers invested in the students
School is always looking for ways to get everyone involved and included- ex. After-school clubs are incorporated into the school day so everyone can participate! Teachers and staff are amazing and genuinely loved by the students. Classes are small thus enabling teachers to teach to each child individually. Kids are challenged at their level. Could not have found a better school and community!
Amazing school! Wonderful staff! Warm family environment . My daughter has been part of this school for 8 years. Best choice we ever made.
Two of my children attended AFS as lifers, meaning from K-12. They both graduated ready for college. In college they were honors and magna cum laude. In addition to academics most of the staff is very supportive. My daughters grew up very confident, outspoken and informed about the real problems and innovations around. If we have grandchildren I would love them to attend this school as well.
I am more than impressed at how the school has grown since I graduated. I'm blown away by the artwork on the walls, by the depth of the diversity program, and by the expansion of the athletic program to include a new gym and... at long last... a track!

I can never say enough about this wonderful school and community. It is a wonderful, wonderful place for young people to embrace childhood and look forward to adulthood all at once. Go roos!
My grandkids are there, I worked there for 26 years and I love Abington for its nurturing environment, multicultural committment and collaborative, devoted attitude of teachers and staff. An amazing place to work and study.
Both of my children have had an incredible experience at AFS. The depth of their learning is unlike anything I've ever seen.
Warm, welcoming environment for our entire family! Our entrance into this community has been an enriching and positive experience.
Education of the whole child. These children develop impressive writing skills at an early age. More importantly, children are taught how to think not what to think.
Our first year experience at AFS was wonderful. My daughter was provided with a platform to grow academically, socially, and culturally. The schools diversity stood out to us when we started our search for an independent school in the Philadelphia area. The teachers are engaged and invested in the success of our children. For context, she’s a rising 7th grader and our experience has been with the middle school.
Start Your Review of Abington Friends School
Positive environment with caring teachers and families. Experience based curriculum. Would highly recommend.
I am an alum and also a current parent at AFS. I could imagine no better place to send my children. The teachers are so loving and supportive, the learning environment is ideal for engaging the kids in ways that excite them, and they are engaged on a daily basis in diversity and inclusion work, at all ages. I am proud to have made the choice of AFS for my children; it's worth every penny.
AFS is the best environment for my child. The teachers and curriculum are both stellar and my child is excited to go to school every day!