Abington Friends School cultivates fearless, curious learning in a culture of intellectual and creative ambition. AFS has long prized experiential learning as central to the AFS experience. Recently, we have dramatically expanded opportunities for students to encounter a larger world of learning through the Center for Experiential Learning (CEL).
We value experiential learning because it extends our students’ reach into the world and fires their imagination for their place in that world. It breaks the age segregation of the high school experience by forming meaningful relationships with adults doing a range of work in the real world. It develops fluency in navigating a landscape of settings including neighborhoods, cultures and professional work places.
All of this programming is built on a foundation of Friends education at AFS that is experiential at its core, from the performing arts, to diversity, equity and inclusion work, the athletics program.
Abington Friends School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A38 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+28 Students
- A23 Students
- A22 Students
- A22 Students
The Center for Experiential Learning
Rooted in the Quaker belief that experience is a student’s most powerful teacher, the Center fosters opportunities to connect beyond the school walls. Experiences range from cultural immersion trips to Paris, to environmental work in partnership with our local Watershed. More examples, like our professional Medical, Business and Law Experiences are on our website.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses