COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
For the current school year, AFS offers the choice of full-time virtual or full-time in-person for Grades Pre-K through Grade 8. High School students are learning full-time from home or on a hybrid schedule, which offers in-person school two days a week. With hope on the horizon, we are planning a robust program for the 2021-2022 school year. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Founded in 1697, AFS is one of the oldest schools in the nation. A Quaker school in culture, not just in name, AFS provides a high-performing academic program in which students are given the tools they need to discover and pursue their purpose and to ultimately transform the world.
AFS has grown since its founding more than three centuries ago, but it maintains its strong sense of community. The school’s dynamic teaching and learning environment includes an Experiential Learning Center devoted to the Quaker principle that experience is a student’s most powerful teacher. The Center acts as the engine that runs an interdisciplinary experiential learning model throughout the school. AFS also has the first certified nature explore classroom in the state, a robust arts curriculum with an award-winning theatre program, a comprehensive Equity, Justice & Engagement program, state-of-the-art maker spaces and robotics labs and a brand-new athletics center for 49 interscholastic sports teams.
Abington Friends School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+43 Students
- A42 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+24 Students
- A24 Students
- A+23 Students
The Center for Experiential Learning
Rooted in the Quaker belief that experience is a student’s most powerful teacher, the Center fosters opportunities to connect beyond the school walls. Experiences range from cultural immersion trips to Paris, to environmental work in partnership with our local Watershed. More examples, like our professional Medical, Business and Law Experiences are on our website.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses