Abingdon High School Reviews

Abingdon High School is the largest in Washington County, which makes people think that it is and should be the best school academically. Those people would be correct. Abingdon High School is a welcoming place where students can find refuge in their classes and work and really learn and flourish into educated, contributing members of society. Students are given the chance to demonstrate and use their strengths. Also be made aware of and potentially better their weaknesses. The school staff is helpful and willing to assist any way possible to better the education of the students enrolled. Will our wide hallways, friendly teachers, and open doors, one would never guess there are about 950 students ranging from ninth grade to twelfth. I will truly miss Abingdon High School and all of the teachers that helped me grow into the person I am now.
Abingdon High School has provided me with an education, but not one where I feel prepared to take college classes when I graduate. I met some of my best friends here, and honestly that is the only upside.
My four years spent in high school were kinda like every other students'. There were lots of cliques, fights, terrible food, and the typical high school experience we all grow to tolerate.
Start Your Review of Abingdon High School
I never had any problems there. I liked the close-knit feel to the school. I would like to see more advanced classes offered.
Overall, Abingdon High School is a good school; however, I do think that it would benefit from adding more extracurricular activities.
This school has AP classes, as well as Dual Enrollment. There is not much diversity, but there are many different extracurricular activities to get involved in.
This was an amazing school to attend for my high school experience! The principal and most of the teachers are amazing and I am glad I went to high school here.
For me it was between homeschooling or high school. My parents decided to send me to public school since I could continue my career in band. Fortunately, the band director there was excellent, and taught me more about life than I have from any other teacher. The online classes are relatively easy to take as well (as long as you can get through the morons running guidance). The english teachers are most likely the best part about this school, however. Not a single one comes to mind when I try to find a faulty one. This can't be said about the math department or the science department, but if you have a child who writes stories / poems / anything literary oriented, this is the school for you.
One of the things I believe would help AHS is to prepare the students more regarding the ACT/SAT. Many college opportunities are based on a high score of these tests. Classes should be offered during second semester of the Sophomore year to prepare students to take the test the summer before their Junior year.
One of the best things about AHS is their safety record.
As a high school senior, I have experienced a lot at Abingdon High School. My favorite part about this school is how engaging the teachers are with the students. In most of my classes, I have a personal relationship with my teachers. In my opinion, Abingdon High could be improved by raising the difficulty level of classes. I feel as though I could be more challenged in most of my classes!
Abingdon High School has only received three stars from me because some of the teachers are underappreciated and the school has more classes to offer than some local SWVA schools. As for my overall experience as a student, Abingdon High School was terrible. The administration only cares about the football team and does nothing about the bullying that occurs on a daily basis.
Great school in the Appalachian Mountains. Low school violence. Nice smaller town to live in as well.
My past four years at Abingdon High School have been nothing short of amazing. I fell in love with the teachers and students. This is my home. I honestly cannot thank these people enough for all they have done for me. The teachers are very helpful and resourceful. This school is truly one big family. I am blessed to have been able to receive my high school diploma at Abingdon High School.
I have been enrolled in Abingdon High School for the past four years. It has been a great school and has given me an amazing high school education. I have played varsity baseball every season since freshman year. I am the president of the Future Business Leaders of America club at my school, and I am also involved in the Civenette's club. I was a member of Blue Crew my freshman and sophomore year. I am currently the Vice President of the National Art Honor Society of Abingdon High School, my junior year I was the Treasurer. I am also a very involved member of the National Honor Society.
Resource officer on campus daily. not in a rough area but safety is still very good.
There are lots of clubs and ECs available, but the quality of them are not that great.
The teachers are devoted to what they do, but looking back there was not much of a challenge for me in class. I got to college and felt that I was behind the rest of my peers some.
Start Your Review of Abingdon High School
My son is always in something after school
Teacher are good and seem to care about students
it seems like a pretty safe school