Abingdon High School Reviews

For me it was between homeschooling or high school. My parents decided to send me to public school since I could continue my career in band. Fortunately, the band director there was excellent, and taught me more about life than I have from any other teacher. The online classes are relatively easy to take as well (as long as you can get through the morons running guidance). The english teachers are most likely the best part about this school, however. Not a single one comes to mind when I try to find a faulty one. This can't be said about the math department or the science department, but if you have a child who writes stories / poems / anything literary oriented, this is the school for you.
One of the things I believe would help AHS is to prepare the students more regarding the ACT/SAT. Many college opportunities are based on a high score of these tests. Classes should be offered during second semester of the Sophomore year to prepare students to take the test the summer before their Junior year.
One of the best things about AHS is their safety record.
As a high school senior, I have experienced a lot at Abingdon High School. My favorite part about this school is how engaging the teachers are with the students. In most of my classes, I have a personal relationship with my teachers. In my opinion, Abingdon High could be improved by raising the difficulty level of classes. I feel as though I could be more challenged in most of my classes!
Review Abingdon High School
Abingdon High School has only received three stars from me because some of the teachers are underappreciated and the school has more classes to offer than some local SWVA schools. As for my overall experience as a student, Abingdon High School was terrible. The administration only cares about the football team and does nothing about the bullying that occurs on a daily basis.
Great school in the Appalachian Mountains. Low school violence. Nice smaller town to live in as well.
My past four years at Abingdon High School have been nothing short of amazing. I fell in love with the teachers and students. This is my home. I honestly cannot thank these people enough for all they have done for me. The teachers are very helpful and resourceful. This school is truly one big family. I am blessed to have been able to receive my high school diploma at Abingdon High School.
I have been enrolled in Abingdon High School for the past four years. It has been a great school and has given me an amazing high school education. I have played varsity baseball every season since freshman year. I am the president of the Future Business Leaders of America club at my school, and I am also involved in the Civenette's club. I was a member of Blue Crew my freshman and sophomore year. I am currently the Vice President of the National Art Honor Society of Abingdon High School, my junior year I was the Treasurer. I am also a very involved member of the National Honor Society.
Resource officer on campus daily. not in a rough area but safety is still very good.
There are lots of clubs and ECs available, but the quality of them are not that great.
The teachers are devoted to what they do, but looking back there was not much of a challenge for me in class. I got to college and felt that I was behind the rest of my peers some.
My son is always in something after school
Teacher are good and seem to care about students
it seems like a pretty safe school
My overall experience at thing school is great because people are usually there to help and support you
Most teachers are always there to help and work with you in and out of the classroom, however some are not willing to help.
I have had great experiences at Abingdon High School. I have had some great teachers and coaches throughout high school that have made it great. I have learned a lot in my classes and have thoroughly enjoyed athletics here. I would definitely choose this school again if I could do it over. My favorite experiences have definitely been volleyball and softball.
They try to have something for everyone, but there is a school wide bias in favor of athletics.
Review Abingdon High School
My daughter isn't very involved in sports, but this is all she could gather up being at school everyday
The staff chooses which rules are applied to dress code. You could walk around with a rich girl's butt hanging out but not being forced to change/being sent home, but my daughter had an experience where her shorts were maybe a little bit under finger length but was sent to the office and forced to change. I was literally told by her middle school, "We can't allow the rich and achieved people to get in trouble as that would give us a bad look."
The people there are just awful, the faculty did absolutely nothing when someone stole my daughter's stuff. There are way too many bullies, lots of drug abuse and alcohol. I would love to take her out of there but we don't have the money to move.