Abingdon High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- A+39 Students
- B27 Students
- A21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B20 Students
- A+18 Students
- B17 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Abingdon High School Reviews
Review Abingdon High School
As a high school senior, I have experienced a lot at Abingdon High School. My favorite part about this school is how engaging the teachers are with the students. In most of my classes, I have a personal relationship with my teachers. In my opinion, Abingdon High could be improved by raising the difficulty level of classes. I feel as though I could be more challenged in most of my classes!
For me it was between homeschooling or high school. My parents decided to send me to public school since I could continue my career in band. Fortunately, the band director there was excellent, and taught me more about life than I have from any other teacher. The online classes are relatively easy to take as well (as long as you can get through the morons running guidance). The english teachers are most likely the best part about this school, however. Not a single one comes to mind when I try to find a faulty one. This can't be said about the math department or the science department, but if you have a child who writes stories / poems / anything literary oriented, this is the school for you.
I have been enrolled in Abingdon High School for the past four years. It has been a great school and has given me an amazing high school education. I have played varsity baseball every season since freshman year. I am the president of the Future Business Leaders of America club at my school, and I am also involved in the Civenette's club. I was a member of Blue Crew my freshman and sophomore year. I am currently the Vice President of the National Art Honor Society of Abingdon High School, my junior year I was the Treasurer. I am also a very involved member of the National Honor Society.