Abilene High School Reviews

I am a senior who graduated June 2nd. My best experiences from Abilene high was being on the soccer team and playing all those games around Texas. I feel that Abilene high soccer coaches helped me prepare for college ball but I would like to see soccer be more know make it a much bigger program to compete with top teams around the state
I personally love Abilene high school. The people, both the staff and students, are very understanding and they treat everyone with the same equal amount of respect. I am glad I am part of the Eagles. As student body president, I wouldn’t ask for anything to be changed at my school because everything is just perfect.
Just like any other school, there are teachers that actually want to teach you and then ones that are there for a paycheck. A majority of them actually want to see you succeed in class and outside of school. I was in track and powerlifting which really helped me keep my grades up. If we had any failing grades we would have "consequences" at practice or not be able to go to the meet coming up. Overall my 4 years were pretty good and I graduate June 2 :).
Start Your Review of Abilene High School
I like high school just as much as the next person, but I have loved being a student at Abilene High. I love all my teachers and I loved making so many friends with awesome students.
I am proud to call myself an Abilene High Eagle. My pride in my school runs deep.
I’ve always struggled in school. My freshman year, I was undecided if I would ever be fit to go to a 4 year university. Thanks to teachers who have believed, and invested in me, I’ve maintained good grades throughout high school and developed great skills to continue my education.
Abilene High has a variety of opportunities, ranging from arts, AP/college courses, music, and athletics. Thanks to extra curricular activities, I have devolved life long skills.
There's not much that I would change about Abilene High, but if I had to complain about anything at Abilene High, it would be the food. We have 3 lines at school, which means we only have 3 options. I'm not considered to be picky, but, the food looks unhealthy and I wish we had better access to knowing the calories.
Abilene High has been great experience for me and I hope that other kids can have the same opportunities I had in high school.
I transferred to Abilene HIgh as a Sophomore and was welcomed with open arms by admin., teachers, and students. I feel safe in this school and love the curriculum. I also have the BEST history teacher ever!! Mrs. Jordan
I enjoyed my teachers and the relationships they worked to build with their students. I would like to see the discipline changed and become more effective.
I have had a great time at Abilene High School during my four years of education here. The best part about this school is its caring and helpful teaching staff and the school spirit expressed by every student that goes here.
This school has its ups and downs. A lot of drugs and alcohol use amongst the students as well as students being involved in fights as well as other illegal activities. With this, it lowers the overall rating of the school itself; however, the school is trying to end these things amongst students and tries to reward students for positive things.
Abilene is a great high school; from school spirit to the clubs and activities, to finding help with school work and being confident in that there is staff willing to help you succeed, and to memories that will last you a lifetime! I participate in lots of extracurricular activities because it is so fun being with great people-- I ran in their cross country team, track team and now powerlifting; the coaches for these sports don't just strive to see great athletes but to encourage their athletes to become better people. I also am in many fine arts, such as AP Art Drawing, AP Photo and Advanced Orchestra. What I wished to see change perhaps is more students to get involved and become more aware of the benefits in AP courses and have the college counselors reach out more to the masses who are unaware about the opportunities of further education after high school and how they can ensure that with their grades and such for scholarships and merit awards.
Great teachers! They truly want you to succeed, and are genuine in their hope for your education to be as well-rounded as possible.
The teachers are typically nice and understanding, the fine arts directors can be tough but that is to be expected. They have so far taken away every foreign language course except for Spanish and also did away with the Journalism classes plus the school newspaper, which is saddening.
The educational aspect of the school is great; however, administration is rarely available to help and there were multiple security threats in the one year I ttended.
Great school to attend with variety of activities you may partake in and teachers who will help you in your needs even if you are not taking their class for a particular course! Outstanding performance in the athletic department and in their academics.
The School Spirit is unlike any other school I know, and the fact that it's more the students who put the effort into the grand heart of the eagle.
I like life at abilene high mostly because of band and that I'm in mostly higher academic classes. But in my regular classes there are obvious discrepancies that no one deals with. Half the time teachers allow their students to be rude and disruptive during class. Also, the school is too cheap to buy anything. The printer in the work room goes out every few months but they won't buy a new one. Most of the science teachers are horrible but they've been there forever so they get to keep their jobs even though they don't teach anything. However, the AP teachers obviously care much more and put in way more effort to educate their students.
Going to Abilene High is a big deal especially if you have lived in Abilene your whole life. Forbid that you go across town to Cooper. Going to school at Abilene High made me the person I am today. Bleeding Black and Gold, but never Blue and Red. Abilene High is known for West Texas Football, the Friday Night Lights, the huge pep rallies, but the infamous blackout pep rally. Abilene high is a huge family, but honestly our admin is not so strong. I have had 2 principals in the past 4 years, and now graduating there is going to be a new principals. All my junior friends will now be on their 3rd principal! That's a little insane, and a really big change. But like I said, Abilene High is a family.
Start Your Review of Abilene High School
I love Abilene High School. I was a member of the drill team for three years, including being an officer. I have also been a member of FFA also serving as an officer. The school has wonderful academics, which as challenged me to do my best. I love our AP classes and teachers. Opportunities for involvement in on campus organizations is tremendous. There are so many wonderful people here from students to staff.
I loved going to Abilene High. While being in percussion & varsity orchestra while taking college prep classes & AP courses was challenging, teachers, directors, & tutors helped me get my work done. As a community, AHS really loved by E-POWER until my Senior year. It was a heart to heart, you could say, that teachers and students & the entire class, for that matter, where required to have that really brought up interesting discussions & different perspectives on certain topics. I'll miss AHS, but once an eagle, always an eagle.
As a student for four years of Abilene High, I have had my fair shares of ups and downs. Abilene High is a great high school, but it does have its flaws just as any other school does. From a closed campus lunch, to a strict but rarely enforced dress code, my school does have flaws. But the school spirit here is unparalleled, and from Friday nights supporting our football boys, to every single spring sport, nothing makes me more proud to be an Abilene High Eagle.