Abilene High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+120 Students
- B-96 Students
- A+93 Students
- A-85 Students
- A-67 Students
- B63 Students
- C62 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-53 Students
- A52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Abilene High School Reviews
Review Abilene High School
Going to Abilene High is a big deal especially if you have lived in Abilene your whole life. Forbid that you go across town to Cooper. Going to school at Abilene High made me the person I am today. Bleeding Black and Gold, but never Blue and Red. Abilene High is known for West Texas Football, the Friday Night Lights, the huge pep rallies, but the infamous blackout pep rally. Abilene high is a huge family, but honestly our admin is not so strong. I have had 2 principals in the past 4 years, and now graduating there is going to be a new principals. All my junior friends will now be on their 3rd principal! That's a little insane, and a really big change. But like I said, Abilene High is a family.
I like life at abilene high mostly because of band and that I'm in mostly higher academic classes. But in my regular classes there are obvious discrepancies that no one deals with. Half the time teachers allow their students to be rude and disruptive during class. Also, the school is too cheap to buy anything. The printer in the work room goes out every few months but they won't buy a new one. Most of the science teachers are horrible but they've been there forever so they get to keep their jobs even though they don't teach anything. However, the AP teachers obviously care much more and put in way more effort to educate their students.
I loved going to Abilene High. While being in percussion & varsity orchestra while taking college prep classes & AP courses was challenging, teachers, directors, & tutors helped me get my work done. As a community, AHS really loved by E-POWER until my Senior year. It was a heart to heart, you could say, that teachers and students & the entire class, for that matter, where required to have that really brought up interesting discussions & different perspectives on certain topics. I'll miss AHS, but once an eagle, always an eagle.