Abilene High School is an above average, public school located in Abilene, KS. It has 534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Abilene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- A50 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-21 Students
- B16 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Abilene High School Reviews
This High School is amazing! So many opppurtunities. Good staff. Great teachers. Amazing things have happened while I attended. Graduation from this school is amazing.
Compared to the school I transferred from, Abilene High School has exceeded my original expectations. The teachers make sure to go above and beyond to make sure a student is not left behind. I have had teachers in the past year ask me to stay after class and after school to help with issues in the classroom. A teacher even came into her class early to help me with math homework after I emailed her telling her that I was undeniably stuck. She made sure that by the end of class that I knew exactly what I was doing. The teachers ensure that their students are all up to speed and are slowly creating new and better solutions to the problems that they had originally struggled with.
Personally this school has changed my view on the world. It allowed me to see situations through other people's eyes and helped me to figure out how to help the people. After I arrived to my school last August, I noticed that the students pulled together to get something done. The students and faculty went out of their way to help me and other new students to fit in and find where we belong. I discovered my own group of friends that helped me to realize how precious high school is, no matter how much the rest of the teenage population hates it. I would honestly go back for another year to experience the innocence that leaves us after we graduate.