Abilene High School is a public school located in Abilene, KS. It has 525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Abilene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A93 Students
- A58 Students
- B45 Students
- B32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A10 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Abilene High School Reviews
While attending Abilene High School, I was involved in many activities and classes. I felt as though the sports programs were one of the strongest attributes of the school, whereas the range of classes offered were not. I wish that I could’ve been given the chance to take an economics or statistics class before college while attending high school. After the additions to the school, the facilities were highly improved and made our school more appealing to those on the outside. Sporting events ran more smoothly, and I felt that we were taken more serious.
Abilene High school is a good school for being in such a small town. The new remodel is beautiful, and the sports teams do well. Theater is doing great things and the students are hella talented. The high school offers a ton of dual credit which students should take advantage of. Students are overall pretty good and care about the students academically. But, they do have some important faults. The school needs to change the way that they address mental illness. When I was at school there were two suicides and one attempted and the school did a very poor job addressing it.
I've only been in the Abilene Public Schools system since 6th grade (I was in private schooling until end of 5th grade) but I heard horror stories from people I was friends with about how when you get to AHS all the upperclassmen ignore you but that's entirely false. I'm a Junior now myself but I have all kinds of friends among the current Sophomores and Freshmen and I had a whole bunch of friends who were Juniors and Seniors when I was a Freshmen. I mean you have your typical school dynamics but generally most people are really accepting and chill.