Abilene High School is an above average, public school located in Abilene, KS. It has 525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Abilene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-104 Students
- A-64 Students
- B48 Students
- B38 Students
- B-33 Students
- B24 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A11 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Abilene High School Reviews
My experience with attending Abilene High School is going good. The teaching staff and administrators are very helpful and respectful. The culture that Abilene has created are memorable and fun. The students are kind and chill. The food is great, especially the salads. The athletic experience that i had with my school is good. The coaches prepare us to play safe and competitive games and races. The overall atmosphere in the school is good. Everyone is nice and treated fairly. I like how everyone is involved in our school spirit. I also like how i feel safe in my own school. I would like to see the school spend more money on athletic gear for all of the sports they offer. Our clubs and school sports are the heart and soul of our school. I would like to see more upgrades towards them. Over all in general the school is a great school to attend. So many helpful people in and out of school.
While attending Abilene High School, I was involved in many activities and classes. I felt as though the sports programs were one of the strongest attributes of the school, whereas the range of classes offered were not. I wish that I could’ve been given the chance to take an economics or statistics class before college while attending high school. After the additions to the school, the facilities were highly improved and made our school more appealing to those on the outside. Sporting events ran more smoothly, and I felt that we were taken more serious.
Some teachers didn't care to be there, but others really strived to help students and were passionate about their subjects. The district was constantly putting sports, specifically boys sports, over the arts, classes, and other extra curricular activities.