grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Abernathy High School is a highly rated, public school located in Abernathy, TX. It has 238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Abernathy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus57 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade A11 Students
- grade A10 Students
- grade B+10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Seniors wear colorful socks on senior night50%
- Pep rallies25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,466 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Abernathy High School
- grade B+Shallowater High School
- Shallowater Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.23 out of 5 60 reviews
- grade A minusIdalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade BHale Center High School
- Hale Center Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 25 reviews
- grade B minusNew Deal High School
- New Deal Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 52 reviews
Abernathy High School Reviews
Rating 4.26 out of 5 31 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Abernathy High School has offered me opportunities far beyond what I could have ever imagined. With my school, I have been given the opportunity to travel, compete, and learn at a very high standard. I have been supported by my teachers, administrators, and peers throughout my entire experience at Abernathy ISD. Abernathy does its best to offer students their best way of learning and accommodates situations to help the student succeed.
I have loved my experience at Abernathy High School. The academics is outstanding; the teachers really do care about you as an individual and teach you to work hard and be well rounded. Everyone is extremely involved in athletics, UIL, Band, and other extracurricular. Also the community of Abernathy revolves around the school so everyone supports you and wants to help and push you to succeed.
Abernathy High School is an amazing school to attend. Throughout my four years here, I have always felt welcomed and at home. There are tons of organizations, activities, and extracurriculars that anyone can participate in, not to mention the up-to-date security and impeccable teaching skills Abernathy High School has to offer. There are no specific changes that I wish to occur in this school; I believe that Abernathy High School is great overall!