Aberdeen High School Reviews

My experience at Aberdeen High School was great. The school & faculty really push students to join sports & different clubs so we can be more involved.
As far as change goes I would like to have a free period. A free period would be a great time for students to catch up on assignments and incorporate some studying in their school day. Many may say that if we had a free period, students will just talk and laugh with their friends. I agree, some may do that but others will realize that this valuable time can be used to do something academic.
Best school I've ever been too. Everyone cares about each other. There's never any bad vibes or any bad days at this school. The teachers are beyond awesome. When I have my own kids I will make sure they are enrolled at Aberdeen high school.
Aberdeen High school provides an environment with a decent diversity in regards to race and culture. We constantly get new members from other countries and have a rigorous magnet program called the SMA (Science and Mathematics Academy). A majority of the teachers are smart and know how to teach and by doing your work high school can be really fun. The bathrooms aren't the best and lockers are often cluttered, as well as hallways during class change.
Review Aberdeen High School
Some teachers really care about their students and it's obvious in how they go the extra mile - some teachers it is the exact opposite. Overall, I feel fortunate to have gone to such a diverse school with so many opportunities.
Lots of challenging courses to take. Teachers really push you to do your best. Really strive for some sort of post-secondary education. Lots of opportunities for clubs and sports.
I really liked that the SMA classes are available to everyone if you want to challenge yourself. I like that most teachers are willing to go out of their way to help their students and that teachers treat students more like their kids than their students. I don't it is very strict. We can't use our phones ever even though we are a BYOT school.
My experience with Aberdeen high school has been over all good so far. The teacher that I've had have been really supportive of my choices and decisions, and have been really supportive of college readiness and really helping me prepare for college and all the requirements. The students are also great and some really take the extra step to help others with anything needed. We also have a multitude of clubs and sports and extracurricular activities for anyone.
While attending Aberdeen High School I was able to meet some good teachers one in particular who became my mentor and helped me with the start of my career.
Most teachers at the school are good. A few are lacking but the effect is not very noticeable on students and academics.
I feel pretty safe, and they do a good job.
There is plenty of things to choose from!
Pretty good school to go to!
Majority of the teachers at my school were awesome
There are many different clubs for students to choose from.
i guess its a good school but there were times when i wanted to attend other schools.
The teachers are okay, i like them but many students complain about certain teachers all the time.
The fees required to participate in after-school activities are completely ridiculous and unnecessary. The extracurricular's are managed by the handful of students with the time and motivation to make a difference.
Review Aberdeen High School
Due to the surrounding neighborhood/district, this school receives minimal funding, has poorly developed students coming into it, and is prone to violence, drugs, and a lack of security.
The teachers for the upper-level, AP courses were very obviously in that position for a reason. It was clear the difference in dedication, discipline and teaching styles that those teachers held over those who did not teach an advanced course. I do believe that there were some teachers in positions that would have been better filled by others, specifically within the magnet program within the school. It was very clique-y among those teachers, and borderline pretentious at times, which caused some struggling students to fall behind where it could have easily been avoided, and some beyond qualified teachers denied certain classes.
The academics are pushed here. especially in the SMA program for science and math students.