Aberdeen High School Reviews

The teachers and administraion is fair. Very few of them are passionate and the school overall is one the best rated in the county. I would like to see teachers connect their subject matter with life so students in the class can relate and apply it to their future rather than giving up from the start. More passion but definitely a great experience.
I was accepted into the science and mathematics academy at aberdeen high school and I love it. I wish that the program was more rigorous and offered harder classes but it was still better than normal high school. Many of the teachers push democrat policies and attempt to brainwash students with those and political correctness. Some liberal teachers even discuss negative opinions about their students to other students and in front of classes.
I was in an accelerated magnet program called the Science and Mathematics Academy which provided me with high level courses to prepare me for college. This program also increased my experience with advanced math, science, and technology topics such as creating robots and dabbling in cyber security. I would highly recommend this institution for future STEM major students.
Start Your Review of Aberdeen High School
I went to the Science and Math Academy Magnet program at Aberdeen High School. The magnet program experience was good, but most of the general school population was annoying and disrespectful. Lots of fights.
I think Aberdeen is a very good school with unique diversity and decent academics. The magnet program based at the school has very good academics. However, sometimes I wish the academics of the non-magnet program classes were as good as the magnet classes.
In Aberdeen, the academics is good, we have different types of Ap classes that you can take to get your credit for college, the school is very diverse and somewhat big in number, most of the teachers are good and understanding, in the school your safety is protected, there is also lots of clubs you can join for your community service hours, but even though all those clubs in most of them we don’t even do anything, the last thing I have to say that is really important is that we don’t do almost anything to get ready for college.
I met people at this school that changed me life. My teachers were extremely kind, invested and compassionate about their jobs. I felt like they cared about me, my well-being and my education.
Overall my experience was positive. The course work was very challenging in the SMA program. I think it prepared me well for college.
The only thing I like about Aberdeen is the teachers. The principal is ignorant and most of the students and parents do not like him.
Magnet program brings better test scores to the school but the students enrolled in it have to meet their bus at a depot stop. Huge issue considering their more advanced course load and overall academic involvement.
I wish the arts programs were as important to our principal as sports are. I also wish some of the teachers were a bit more kind and forgiving, but over all, I enjoy having most of my teachers. AHS should also figure out what students need early on because I'm currently taking two classes I was told I wouldn't need to take every year before my senior year, but once my senior year started, i had to switch out of a few classes I liked because my counselor told me that I wasn't on track for post secondary ed.
I have a sick child. Staff refused to work with me and made her absences unexcused even with a doctor's note. Algebra was being taught backwards. She learned more from me at home then at this school.
Aberdeen High will be my new school in 4 days. I am a 9th grader this year. I very excited about my new school and teachers. I am also excited about being a 9th grader. I plan on learning as much as I can. I also play sports and I plan on joining as many organizations that I can. I have heard many great things about AHS. They have awesome teachers, a great SMA program and everyone strives to do their very best. My new principal goal is to make sure all of his students graduate and go to college.
The students are not all bad but there was lots of students who showed off in school. The teachers weren't all that great, some seemed to take interest in the students grades but not enough seemed to care.
I made friends really easy at Aberdeen High the teachers are interactive with there students and will help them understand work. ts a very nice community and school not very crowded. Aberdeen also has the highest test scores in the county. i think this school is a great school for any kid.
Aberdeen was making a lot of positive changes during my time as a student. Administration was making changes to policies to promote learning and dissuade students from negative behaviors. The college readiness was good. We had to opportunity to take the PSAT as students and were offered college visits during the school day. But there is still some room for improvement.
Aberdeen High School is an amazing place to grow! It was a very diverse school with so many organizations to choose from. I was in the Orchestra, played tennis, cheerleaded and danced. The teachers are very supportive and kind. You can tell that they love their students and want to prepare them to be successful for the real world. They will give you that extra push to make sure that everyone graduates on time as well.
Start Your Review of Aberdeen High School
My experience at Aberdeen High School was great. The school & faculty really push students to join sports & different clubs so we can be more involved.
As far as change goes I would like to have a free period. A free period would be a great time for students to catch up on assignments and incorporate some studying in their school day. Many may say that if we had a free period, students will just talk and laugh with their friends. I agree, some may do that but others will realize that this valuable time can be used to do something academic.
Best school I've ever been too. Everyone cares about each other. There's never any bad vibes or any bad days at this school. The teachers are beyond awesome. When I have my own kids I will make sure they are enrolled at Aberdeen high school.
Aberdeen High school provides an environment with a decent diversity in regards to race and culture. We constantly get new members from other countries and have a rigorous magnet program called the SMA (Science and Mathematics Academy). A majority of the teachers are smart and know how to teach and by doing your work high school can be really fun. The bathrooms aren't the best and lockers are often cluttered, as well as hallways during class change.