Aberdeen High School Reviews

I really loved all of my teachers i had throughout my years in high school and the staff. Everyone was so supportive and helpful to me but I would like to see Ning in other departments other than sports.
I had a great experience at Aberdeen HS because it was more like a family. I had teachers and coaches who really cared about me, and still reach out to me now. I was very involved in clubs, organizations, and sports teams. I wish that the school was more heavily involved in sports. Most kids that go to this HS grow up in bad areas and don't have access to sports. I think if these kids had access at a younger age it would deter them from going down the wrong path - something you see a lot in the area.
I really appreciate the variety of classes that Aberdeen offers. There is a magnet program called the the Science and Math Academy and it offers college prep coursework. The school has students from all walks of life which makes it very diverse. There is also a lot of clubs to choose from. If there isn't one that fits your needs, you can go through the process of starting on. I started a game design club and it seems to be a success.
Start Your Review of Aberdeen High School
School food is terrible!!, they serve the same thing every, it taste disgusting, principle is too strict, they watch the students on the cameras frequently, and you can’t have your headphones, give to many detentions and referrals, most teachers are horrible
I love this school and I’ll miss it when I leave. Most of the teachers are really nice and want the best for you. They are engaging and you get a lot of wisdom from them. (Especially love band!) Some classes are difficult but a challenge is a good thing. The main thing is to always get help when you need it and don’t give in to stress.
Great teachers and building was awesome and easy to navigate! Teachers will always help and be willing to stay after to help you with anything. Good for scheduling the classes as the guidance counselors are very helpful!
As a former student at Aberdeen High School, I can say that it did a lot of things well. The Science And Mathematics Academy (SMA) that they offer is probably what their best known for, and it is a great program. The program has special teachers that educate the top 50 math/science students in the county at a higher level than other kids are taught. These teachers are honestly a step above the rest, but even better; SMA alum are introduced firsthand into internship oppurtunities that I've seen last many years. If you don't attend the SMA, the school becomes average. Average teachers, average clubs, etc. The students are ethnically diverse, violence is held to an absolute minimum, and I have not found any major cases of bullying during my time there.
Abereen High School is a school with a diverse population filled with opportunity. Options for classes range from rigorous APs's to fun cooking classes, but most include teachers who like their job and love the students. Although not all the teachers are the greatest at their jobs and should be pushing students more while others have unrealistic expectations; however, this combination of extreme rigor and relaxed environments allows for an optimal learning environment.
The time at aberdeen high school felt very short and it honestly was a blast. I partake at the special program there called the science and math academy which propelled my college readiness.
I recently graduated from Aberdeen High School and the 4 years I spent there have been interesting. There has been the ups and downs that everyone experiences but there were definitely a lot more goods than bad. The teachers I had pushed me to become a better person and go to college. The students at the school would always find a way to surprise me, whenever you think one would stop paying attention but they would turn around and ace a quiz. That is a great tribute to the teachers of the school and how they can keep the students attention and help them succeed
It was a great experience at the school. I met a lot of good teachers that provided me with good advice to live life as an adult. Plus i loved participating in the marching band and drama. Performing is one of my favorite things to do, and i liked the engineering classes that i took. Overall it was a good experience
Aberdeen High School has a strong commitment to excellence inside and outside of the Community. Home of the Aberdeen Eagles, a place you go if you want to be pushed both academically and as a student. Whether you're born and raised in Aberdeen or just visiting, the presence of spirit and bleeding Blue and Gold is evident. The school is known for excelling in STEM, yet, it is important to note that outside of its excellent academics, is a student body full of diverse, passionate, driven individuals who come together to advance not only Aberdeen but the community it makes its commitment evident to. Whether that be through our strong military presence or through post-secondary education. I can say the moment you step into the Eagles' Nest to the moment you set flight outside of those walls, nothing but greatness awaits. Aberdeen our Alma Mater, praise to the we sing.
The teachers at Aberdeen are great especially the Avid teachers. Every school has a few bad apples but at this school it’s very rare that you will not find one. Students are nice, lots of different activities and after school opportunities. I learned a lot going to Aberdeen and if I could go back and choose a high school to go to I would still choose Aberdeen. Principal there is good but sometimes says the wrong things. Overall good school.
A good school with good resources, however can be very mainstream. Nothing in particular stands out or has enhanced my experience at the school. Most teachers are amazing and willing to work with with students with the exception of a handful.
Aberdeen has good academic and athletic programs. However the student body is decent but you can feel left out sometimes due to the seperation of students. But their SMA program is high advanced . And those who are not in SMA still get a good education to prepare them for the future
Aberdeen has changed drastically within my 4 years of being here. I feel like we need more college readiness activities. I don't feel prepared for college. The administration needs to work harder to implement college activities into our everyday lives here at school. I would be more excited for college rather than nervous if I felt more prepared for college. Aberdeen does do a good job of pushing us towards post-secondary education but they do not do a good job of preparing us for it.
Science and Math Academy offers challenging courses and exposure to different fields so making a career decision will be more exciting. The marching, concert and jazz bands are top rated and a lot of fun. I wish that more people would go out for the sports teams.
Start Your Review of Aberdeen High School
Aberdeen High sees students from all across the county due to the Science and Mathematics Academy located on the third floor. This creates a large and diverse environment where jocks are friends with the nerds, and where musicians are also scientists.
The teachers and administraion is fair. Very few of them are passionate and the school overall is one the best rated in the county. I would like to see teachers connect their subject matter with life so students in the class can relate and apply it to their future rather than giving up from the start. More passion but definitely a great experience.
I was accepted into the science and mathematics academy at aberdeen high school and I love it. I wish that the program was more rigorous and offered harder classes but it was still better than normal high school. Many of the teachers push democrat policies and attempt to brainwash students with those and political correctness. Some liberal teachers even discuss negative opinions about their students to other students and in front of classes.