Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Reviews

My experience at Abby Kelley is a wonderful experience, the school offers so much for their students, and always encourages people to work harder and harder for what they want.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School is a school where anyone can come in as they are with their own culture and background and be accepted as who they are. This school is filled with diversity, clubs, excellent resources, very encouraging teachers and is over all a place where everyone feels as family. To me this school has been such an amazing door opener as I am now entering my senior year. I feel so honored to have been encouraged by such awesome teachers who have shaped me to be the person I am today. Abby Kelley will forever be a place where friends and teachers are like family.
In the Worcester County District, Abby Kelley has the best education system around. The school is highly diverse and friendly to not only the students but along with the staff. The school isn't a public school but a charter in which it is very difficult to get into. One must be picked from a raffle to start from kindergarten. You are a lucky one if they call you to enter from sixth grade like I. Overall I am very grateful for what that school has done for me like preparing me for the real world, colleges, and challenging me.
Start Your Review of Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
Great school in terms of education. Admisinistration is very hard-headed however and react to situations impusively as well as overdramatically. Close-knit community, some teachers have no idea what they're taking about while some create great relationships with their students.
The sports have been slacking over the years. I have been around the same people for twelve years so I think I'm lacking a lot of social skills but, this school has it's benefits compared to public schools.
I have found AKFCPS to be the best alternative for my son. They have many programs for students and there are faculty members that encourage the students to achieve at a high level. I find the administration to be lacking in their connection to the students, but all in all, it's been a very good experience for me son.
I was there from 4th grade till senior year in my eyes the school was great. the people there are amazing. the school was always clean.
I honestly loved going to Abby Kelley the teachers were great they were all super nice and helped every student possible. I went to Abby Kelley since 4th grade till graduation. I made a ton of friends and you're with the same students through out your time there unless they leave. The education is tough and great.
The best part about High school is being open up to all fronts. For me, junior year and senior year was this moment of diversity. I played varsity soccer and therefore knew a lot of people from the athletics side. In classes, I took two college course classes, which helped me connect with the honors kids around me. Overall, those two years, I made a lot of friends.
Abby Kelley is a great school. I love how involved I am able to be with all the clubs and activities and having a voice. There are many informative assemblies throughout the year as well as fun assemblies. I feel that Abby Kelley gears students up for college and the real world. The staff is very involved with the students and are there for them whenever they are needed. Overall, I have had a fantastic experience at this school and I believe everyone else has too.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School was a wonderful experience. This school has helped me in my English and Writing, helping in expanding my vocabulary and annotating short stories. Abby Kelley was also a regional district and also walking distance from each other.
I feel safe at this school, just wish the nurse could give more than just water whenI don't feel well.
The extra-curriculars at school are just fine because we aren't really that big of a school. So it makes sense to not have that many options but it would be nice to have just a couple more like student journalism, dance team or something. Just need the right people to step up and make that happen.
Some of my favorite experiences at school would be the events like Pep rallies or Senior night in athletics. This school is unique because it is so diverse. For example, there was a Student Council trip I was taken on and everyone said our school had some many different backgrounds and ethnicities. I would choose this school again because the rules, in my opinon, are probably more strict than most schols in Worcester which makes it easier to focus on your education rather than getting in trouble every other day.
Most teachers I have had keep an engaged class and allow students to express themselves. They seem to know a lot about the subject they teach and are able to incorporate real life examples. They are also very approachable and eager to make sure you know the topic the class is studying.
The thing is, is we have all grown up together so everybody knows everyone which makes us feel safe. When I'm sitting in my classroom I'm not worried that a student is going to do anything, and I'm not worried that someone is going to shoot down the school. I'm not worried at all. I feel so safe at my school that if the fire alarm goes off, I'll feel relieved that I get a break from class, or it will stall me from turning in an assignment I didn't do. Although, I do take fire drills seriously. "Don't talk, just walk!"
The school has a lot of different extracurricular activities ranging from YAH (Youth Against Homelessness) to Theater/Drama.
Start Your Review of Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
I just love my school so much. I'm glad that I got the opportunity to go there and I will hopefully make the best from my last year this year.

The experience has been great minus the fact that I'm not the best at being a student but I do have great character which is something the school taught me. There are things I wish I could change (like detentions) but every school has them.
The relationships I have with my teachers versus the relationships other students have at different schools makes me feel like I have an advantage.
The academics are top notch and just incredible.