Abbeville High School is an above average, public school located in Abbeville, SC. It has 508 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Abbeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B64 Students
- A63 Students
- A62 Students
- B+40 Students
- B27 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Abbeville High School
- B-Dixie High School
- Abbeville County School District, SC
- 39 reviews
- B-Emerald High School
- Greenwood School District No. 50, SC
- 137 reviews
- B-Ware Shoals High School
- Greenwood School District No. 51, SC
- 34 reviews
- NGJohn De La Howe School
- Public School
- Mccormick, SC
Abbeville High School Reviews
My experience at Abbeville High School throughout my high school career has been outstanding. I love how Abbeville High is small-scaled and based around the "A" tradition. I strongly believe that Abbeville High School has provided me with a strong academic foundation needed to attend an university despite its poverty. I utilized the opportunities offered to me at Abbeville High to the best of my abilities. Although there are limited opportunities available to students due to the district's finances, one can truly receive an excellent education at Abbeville High School. Abbeville's faculty, staff, and students make their school a conducive learning environment for everyone. I am proud to be a Panther!
There are some exceptional teachers at Abbeville High School, but sadly the school suffers from being located in a rual southern town. The school is old and broken down in a few places. There is a strong presence of athletics, especially football, as the football team has been dominant in the state as the football champions for many years. However, the acadmeics overall are fairly average.
Abbeville High School has been an overall wonderful experience for me over the last four years. I have grown and matured so much thanks to the teachers and other students that go there. I have really enjoyed the amount of effort that all of the teachers have put into trying to prepare me for what is next in my life. I will forever be grateful for all of the many opportunities that Abbeville High School has given me. From the athletics to the schoolwork Abbeville has proved year in and year that they are all about the well being and care of each and every student.