Abbeville High School is an above average, public school located in Abbeville, SC. It has 508 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Abbeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A60 Students
- A59 Students
- B+39 Students
- B25 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+18 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Abbeville High School
- B-Dixie High School
- Abbeville County School District, SC
- 38 reviews
- B-Emerald High School
- Greenwood School District No. 50, SC
- 137 reviews
- B-Ware Shoals High School
- Greenwood School District No. 51, SC
- 34 reviews
- NGJohn De La Howe School
- Public School
- Mccormick, SC
Abbeville High School Reviews
My experience at Abbeville High School throughout my high school career has been outstanding. I love how Abbeville High is small-scaled and based around the "A" tradition. I strongly believe that Abbeville High School has provided me with a strong academic foundation needed to attend an university despite its poverty. I utilized the opportunities offered to me at Abbeville High to the best of my abilities. Although there are limited opportunities available to students due to the district's finances, one can truly receive an excellent education at Abbeville High School. Abbeville's faculty, staff, and students make their school a conducive learning environment for everyone. I am proud to be a Panther!
There are some exceptional teachers at Abbeville High School, but sadly the school suffers from being located in a rual southern town. The school is old and broken down in a few places. There is a strong presence of athletics, especially football, as the football team has been dominant in the state as the football champions for many years. However, the acadmeics overall are fairly average.
Abbeville High School is a great school. It's been around for a very long time. The staff is nice and the school lunch is horrible. There are always the positives and negatives when it comes to high school. The teachers are good at teaching but relationships with the students aren't build. The clubs and activities aren't a big thing. They get no attention when compared to the sports department. All of the sports don't get a fair share of attention. All of the other sports are overlooked when it comes to football. This is a very tradtional school and tradition is what they are all about. Out of the four years that i have attended abbeville high school there has been a lot of changes in the administration. There have been a lot of rule changes. Being in a small town there is not enough money and not enough resources.