Abbeville High School Reviews

I love my school, I love everything about. From our dance team to our teachers! The only thing I'd change is more activists for the students to be a part of.
I have personally enjoyed my experience at Abbeville High School. The teachers and staff are very supportive of all the students and are very hard-working. I have met numerous amazing people during my years at this school.
Going to this school was not a bad experience at all. The teachers sincerely care for the students and I liked the diversity.
Review Abbeville High School
Actually this year we became an A school! As a sophomore, I'm still learning the atmosphere. Yet, for sure our school spirit can outshine any school! Most teachers always offer tutoring and eager to help student for success. We may not be the most famous schools in the country but, we are continuing to be the best school as we can be.
The scheduling process takes forever. For seniors, we have to wait about 2 weeks before we get the right classes on our schedule so we can pass at the end of the year. The workload is pretty bad. For a student that is dedicated to their grades, the teachers almost always give tests on the same days, which makes me and my smart friends stress out a lot.
We have transfer students that come to my school, but they end up leaving before the end of the year because my school is so bad and bullying is a major problem at my school. The students are very unaccepting of other religions and cultural differences.
The clubs, especially academic clubs, are very unorganized. Students give very little commitment to school functions.
This school does not control bullying at all. The principal, assistant principals, and most of the teachers do not care enough to stop the violence and bullying around. That is why most kids at my school feel depressed (and I see it on their faces everyday) because the adults at my school can't handle situations with justice for the victim. The adults mainly take the side of the bully saying that it's not a big deal; that the victim should get over it. This is not something that should happen, but sadly it does and I see it happen almost everyday.
Because of Common Core, teachers have limited resources in the classroom. The technology 80% of the time does not work and teachers struggle to teach lessons because of students never understanding the lectures. Common Core has really murdered the teaching process, and my teachers always say that they wish they could go back to teaching their own way to where we would actually learn about the subject we are taking, instead of taking 50 billion tests every semester like we do now and that we learn nothing from. Common Core tests us more on memory instead of our intellectual aspects; which is really sad.
It's pretty easy to make friends, but the social circles tend to keep people apart.
The variety of subjects is okay but not the best. A lot of the teachers aren't very interested in the students.
The staff makes sure everyone is safe.
There is a wide variety of things to do.
Wish more students would be involved.
Most of the teachers genuinely care about students.
I always feel safe when attending school.
many activities with little serious participation
Review Abbeville High School
My overall experience at school has been okay. My school gives many students career opportunities that other school around the parish do not provide. In addition it also provides me with many college duel enrollment courses through some of Louisiana's top university's that have allowed me to get ahead in my schooling.
Some teachers go above and beyond to help their students and make sure they understand what is being taught; however, those teachers are far and few between. The amount of teacher involvement is also very low, and many of the same teachers are often stuck being the ones to help out or run social activities.
Must get drug tested for all school functions.